PFL 3 2018: Thurs. July 5, 5:30 Prelims/9PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion

PFL true sport format is in stark contrast to the politics/money fight era that has consumed the UFC. Cooper III looked great and Shields really didn’t have much to offer him. The speed, strength disparity was apparent Shields looked every bit 39. Cousin Nurmagomedov got caught. It was nice to see Rick Story in full terminator mode in round 2 of his fight.

PFL true sport format is in stark contrast to the politics/money fight era that has consumed the UFC. Cooper III looked great and Shields really didn’t have much to offer him. The speed, strength disparity was apparent Shields looked every bit 39. Cousin Nurmagomedov got caught. It was nice to see Rick Story in full terminator mode in round 2 of his fight.
Crazy that Cooper was stronger cause he appeared almost a division smaller. First time I've seen him. He looked great.

Crazy that Cooper seemed stronger cause he appeared almost a division smaller. First time I've ever seen him. He looked great.
Yeah he was visibly smaller but Cooper was explosive with his sprawls and threw some nasty short hooks. I’d chop it up to age man. I hate to see a Jiu-Jitsu ace like Shields go down like that. Here I was expecting him to outclass his opponents hearing him training with Danaher and GSP in NY. I think I remember Jake taking a H-Bomb from Hendo flush and recovering.

Yeah he was visibly smaller but Cooper was explosive with his sprawls and threw some nasty short hooks. I’d chop it up to age man. I hate to see a Jiu-Jitsu ace like Shields go down like that. Here I was expecting him to outclass his opponents hearing him training with Danaher and GSP in NY. I think I remember Jake taking a H-Bomb from Hendo flush and recovering.
To say it's age and age alone takes away from how well Cooper performed. He was good everywhere and extremely well prepared. None of Shields tricks worked on him.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Te original Red Panty Night!
And I decided to watch Ray Donovan and record pfl instead of watching pfl and betting dogs like I usually do. What a loser roll on my part

Well it could be different Denzel movies. Man on Fire, Book of Eli etc.

Sorry I'm having mental issues. But yeah stream looks good for me.

Well it can't be "Out of Time" we know that shit has no seeds.

Waiting to know the rating, hopefñy +250k or so...

Cooper III Is a throwback to old fashioned hard work and toughness, nothing fancy, no shortcuts, no massive weight cuts, just grinding. It's actually rare to see a fighter with that attitude in this generation.

Last edited:
Cooper III Is a throwback to old fashioned hard work and toughness, nothing fancy, no shortcuts, no massive weight cuts, just grinding. It's actually rare to see a fighter with that attitude in this generation.

So a massive weight cut doesn't require hard work, toughness or grinding? Sure pal.

Back