PFL 4 2018: Thurs. July 19, 6:30 Prelims/9PM ET Main Card Discussion

Seeing Jumabieke's record, with 20 wins, it looks impressive especially as he started his career at 14-0 before going 0-3 in the UFC and getting booted.

Then you look at some of the guys he's beaten

That's horrid for 21 fights where he won or drew. Like half of his opponents had winning records.

Why is Palmer fighting a guy who lost his last fight??????interesting matchmaking lol

Harrison is like a less athletic tyron Woodley with even less killer instinct.Great prospect just no urge to finish at all but it's the story of his career.

I guess you have to think... Should I go for the points when dominating or fight safe and stay healthy for the playoff...

Best line from last PFL:

"Jumabieke Tuerxun is a wrestling champion in his village."

PFL has bad luck with it's main events. Shields vs. Cooper was great, but the other 3 were real drags.
In actuality, Shields was going to win a slow plodding decision where he tried to get the tap, or maybe he snuck it out in the third. The knockout was a huge shocker and one of the biggest upsets of all time. They've billed horrid main events on paper:

Harrison vs Tuerxun
Brooks vs Firmino
Shields vs Cooper III
Palmer vs Tuerxun

Well Palmer got the tap with like 30 seconds left, won himself 4 points, and got himself a high seed in the tourney.

25 seconds left... better late then never.

I would like to see Harrison and Palmer in the UFC, but I don't think they would have nearly as much success as they do now.

Well, it's among the latest stoppages for a non-title fight in company history.

Palmer grinded that dude..

I got interviewed by someone three times my size...

Stop asking who they want to fight. It doesn't matter.

Poor Chinese guy was brought as a sacrifice lamb to this tournament facing the top 2 guys

Back