PFL 6 Aug.16th Kayla Harrison returns. Full Card Cooper lll vs Kusch

Gabi is a heavyweight, she walks around at 230~, Kayla is not even a big 145er, Cyborg and Megan Anderson walk around heavier

Kayla earned her Olympic golds at 172.

Plus, if 135lbs Dern can outgrapple Gabi, surely Kayla could too.

Kayla earned her Olympic golds at 172.

Plus, if 135lbs Dern can outgrapple Gabi, surely Kayla could too.
lol.. do you understand it's much easier to "fight" bigger opponents in BJJ than it is in MMA? and her weight at Olympics, where she wasn't cutting weight, is totally irrelevant - Kayla is a future 145er, that's a fact..

20141018114409_827Q1294.JPG

Doubt she makes weight.

Hoping for a brutal arm break from Kayla.
I see why she was cut from tuf now dispite one of the best tryout records. The performance institute was like dana this will be harder then getting Francis cardio.

Their matchmaking in the second round of fights has been horrible and they have been protecting fighters, mainly from Ali’s camp. For example lance Palmer facing the guy Harrison beat in the first round in the main event. 0 sense
Nothing really horrible about Palmer vs. Tuerxun when you consider the format.
a) The finalists will end up having to face 40% of the division anyway, so every match up is fair game.
b) The toughest of those matchups should take place in the playoffs, not regular season, so it wouldn't make sense for PFL to pair up all the best right away.

Nothing really horrible about Palmer vs. Tuerxun when you consider the format.
a) The finalists will end up having to face 40% of the division anyway, so every match up is fair game.
b) the toughest of those matchups should take place in the playoffs, not regular season, so it wouldn't make sense for PFL to pair up all the best with the best just yet.
Yep but some fighters like búscape had 2 tough fights as hell and gets eliminated and some random dude gets his spot facing far less competition

Yep but some fighters like búscape had 2 tough fights as hell and gets eliminated and some random dude gets his spot facing far less competition
No matter what you do there's going to be someone with a easier path or harder path. I do get your point, I just don't think it's a big travesty given the format where everyone should be expected to face everyone.

Part of my personal acceptance might be cause I don't think Bekbulat Magomedov was a easy opponent for Palmer. Magomedov was a very solid 18-1 fighter with his only loss being a split decision. That's near perfect, genuine competition. So I don't think PFL was giving him a walk through when they made that.

Last edited:
No matter what you do there's going to be someone with a easier path or harder path. I do get your point, I just don't think it's a big travesty given the format where everyone should be expected to face everyone.

Part of my personal acceptance might be cause I don't think Bekbulat Magomedov was a easy opponent for Palmer btw. Magomedov was a very solid 18-1 fighter with his only loss being a split decision. That's near perfect, genuine competition. So I don't think PFL was giving him a walk through when they made that.
The first match was ok brother plus both guys are from Ali. But giving him the main event vs he Chinese guy over Harrison makes 0 sense. That’s my point: I support pfl always we are on the pbp and everything but they tend to protect or give the advantage to Ali’s guys.

The first match was ok brother plus both guys are from Ali. But giving him the main event vs he Chinese guy over Harrison makes 0 sense. That’s my point: I support pfl always we are on the pbp and everything but they tend to protect or give the advantage to Ali’s guys.
Might be cause Palmer already fought Harrison last March, so they maybe didn't want to do that rematch right away. The same applies to Steven Siler and Alexandre Almeida, all of which Palmer fought recently.

And Harrison not main eventing PFL 4 feels like it was a fan request more than anything. Same with Will Brooks. Their fights ended the night on a whimper, so I don't blame PFL for trying different headliners.

Last edited:
Any opinions on PFL 6 btw? I'm curious to see if Shields and Nurmagomedov can make the playoffs.

- Ray Cooper lll vs. Pavel Kucsh
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs. Jonatan Westin
- Kayla Harrison vs. Jozette Cotton
- Shamil Gamzatov vs. Rex Harris
- Joao Zeferino vs. Yuri Villefort
- Louis Taylor vs. Andre Lobato
- Jake Shields vs. Herman Terrado
- John Howard vs. Bruno Santos
- Gasan Umalatov vs. Eddie Gordon
- Abusupiyan Magomedov vs. Anderson Goncalves
- Bojan Velickovic vs. Madomed Magomedkerimov
- Rick Story vs. Paul Bradley (might be off)

Last edited:
Paul Bradley out of bout with Rick Story, replaced by the undefeated Carl Minus.

Any opinions on PFL 6 btw? I'm curious to see if Shields and Nurmagomedov can make the playoffs.

- Ray Cooper lll vs. Pavel Kucsh
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs. Jonatan Westin
- Kayla Harrison vs. Jozette Cotton
- Shamil Gamzatov vs. Rex Harris
- Joao Zeferino vs. Yuri Villefort
- Louis Taylor vs. Andre Lobato
- Jake Shields vs. Herman Terrado
- John Howard vs. Bruno Santos
- Gasan Umalatov vs. Eddie Gordon
- Abusupiyan Magomedov vs. Anderson Goncalves
- Bojan Velickovic vs. Madomed Magomedkerimov
- Rick Story vs. Paul Bradley (might be off)
Do you think that all these "matches" will happen? Or will be replacements like Estrazulas or Alibulatov?

Do you think that all these "matches" will happen? Or will be replacements like Estrazulas or Alibulatov?
Do we have any reasons to believe they won't? A few of the names like Nurmagomedov have indeed confirmed their fighting on that date. If there is pullouts PFL is pretty good at finding someone to fill their place.

20141018114409_827Q1294.JPG

Doubt she makes weight.

Hoping for a brutal arm break from Kayla.
Apparently this woman started out as a street fighter from the hood. Never underestimate an angry black woman from the ghetto. She could bum rush Kayla & knock her the phuck out. Kayla only has 1 fight & her striking is still amateurish.

Part of my personal acceptance might be cause I don't think Bekbulat Magomedov was a easy opponent for Palmer. Magomedov was a very solid 18-1 fighter with his only loss being a split decision. That's near perfect, genuine competition. So I don't think PFL was giving him a walk through when they made that.
Bekbulat Magomedov is a 135er.

Paul Bradley out of bout with Rick Story, replaced by the undefeated Carl Minus.
Beating story is the only way he advances ? Right

Has a decent 9-0 récord in Alaska. Let’s see how he performs in a much bigger stage

Beating story is the only way he advances ? Right

Has a decent 9-0 récord in Alaska. Let’s see how he performs in a much bigger stage
Yep. A decision win might not be enough either.

Did you know PFL 3, the show that featured these divisions, had both the 6th and 8th greatest upsets in MMA history? That's Paval Kusch (+910) beating Nurmagomedov, and Ray Cooper (+925) beating Jake Shields.

Bigger than Serra/GSP (+700) and Dillashaw/Barao (+765).

Did you know PFL 3, the show that featured these divisions, had both the 6th and 8th greatest upsets in MMA history? That's Paval Kusch (+910) beating Nurmagomedov, and Ray Cooper (+925) beating Jake Shields.

Bigger than Serra/GSP (+700) and Dillashaw/Barao (+765).
Nice find bro

Back