PFL 6 Aug.16th Kayla Harrison returns. Full Card Cooper lll vs Kusch

7 prelims to fit into 3 hours, so the pacing should theoretically be good. A lot of interesting fights to tune in early for.
Im hoping the actual card doesnt start till at least 4pm and the 3:30pm start time is just pre fight stuff.

Did you know PFL 3, the show that featured these divisions, had both the 6th and 8th greatest upsets in MMA history? That's Paval Kusch (+910) beating Nurmagomedov, and Ray Cooper (+925) beating Jake Shields.

Bigger than Serra/GSP (+700) and Dillashaw/Barao (+765).

Nice. Where do you get your info? I’m asking because I’m curious where DJ-Cejudo 2 and Lawal-HardcoreKid rank on that list.

Im hoping the actual card doesnt start till at least 4pm and the 3:30pm start time is just pre fight stuff.
According to PFL's site 3:30 is the preshow and then fights start at 4 (I'm guessing your pacific time).

Nice. Where do you get your info? I’m asking because I’m curious where DJ-Cejudo 2 and Lawal-HardcoreKid rank on that list.
I got my information from here.
https://mmaoddsbreaker.com/fight-odds/top-15-mma-upsets

DJ/Cejudo II wasn't that much of an upset though. I feel like a lot of haters wanted to blow that fight off as nothing, but many who wanted to actually discuss the matchup in detail thought Cejudo had a chance. According to oddshark these were the closing odds.

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 12.52.45 PM.png

We thinking Shields and Nurmagomedov make the playoffs, or do they get eliminated tomorrow?
- Shields vs Terrado is the more iffy bout. I wouldn't be surprised if juicy slut, Terrado, were to beat Shields. Terrado does have a win over Zeferino. I'm willing to take Terrado on that fight, to be honest. Jake looked every bit his age against a much smaller Cooper in his last fight. I can't imagine he recovered well since then either. His last win was against Danny Davis, who was a mediocre WSOF welterweight at best. DD was used as a punching bag for other blankets like Aziatar and PFL-Nurmagomedov I could see him beating Terrado, but Strikeforce Shields is simply no more.

- Nurmagomedov lays on Westin, IMO. Westin did not look good against Velickovic. Will probably be a decision. Abubakar doesn't have that "monster wrestler" aura like Khabib does. Khabib pounds you while Abubakar kinda just cruises.

Speaking of PFL odds,

- Jozette Cotton is ranging from +550 to +625 to beat Kayla Harrison.
- Jonathan Westin +500 to +560 to beat Nurmagomedov.

I mean is the difference between Jonathan Westin and Abubakar Nurmagomedov really so wide that it deserves those odds, or are people being influenced by him being Khabib's cousin?

Also I have no idea who Kayla Harrison's opponent is, but from what I see she has a solid record and been winning 5 round fights lately. Is she really so bad as to give 1-0 Kayla Harrison that much of an advantage?

These are actual questions btw. I'm not making a point.

Is Herman Terrado's nickname really "Juicy Slut"?
Nah, it's a Mark Hunt reference lol. "Juicy slut" is an ironically used slang term for steroid user.
j8818otzrofz.png

Holy some sites have Jozette Cotton as a +1600 underdog to beat Kayla Harrison. Is she really that bad? Cause her record is solid and she's fought 5 round fights before. Never seen her fight though.

I got some tape on Jozette Cotton (Kayla's opponent).

giphy.gif

I'm rooting for Harrison to be a star in MMA.

Back