PFL officially adds Women's 155 lbs division. Tournament to premiere next year

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
There's enough female 155ers to hold a tournament?

Sounds like they'll try to make a bid to sign Cyborg whenever her UFC contract is up.

There's enough female 155ers to hold a tournament?

Sounds like they'll try to make a bid to sign Cyborg whenever her UFC contract is up.
Not if they care about Kayla. They'll just find some random women who can make 155 for Kayla to fight.

PFL is really putting all their eggs in this Kayla Harrison basket. I don’t really see it tbh. Is she supposed to be some like mega star or something? What’s the big deal?

PFL is really putting all their eggs in this Kayla Harrison basket. I don’t really see it tbh. Is she supposed to be some like mega star or something? What’s the big deal?
Half the talent of rousey with twice the mental issues.

i keed.

<6>145 is so barren already why there trying to make 155 a thing is stupid tell Kayla to cut weight already. After this tournament she's gonna leave for a legit mma organization anyways

Seriously? That's crazy. I have no idea how they'll populate this division with anyone that has either a record above .500 or has at least five fights on their record. So it's just their way of anointing Harrison as the ultimate W155er? Why don't they just match her up against Gabi Garcia already and get it over with?

I'll go ahead and say that 1 of 6 divisions being W155 is fine with me, even if it's just the Kayla show.

Sign some Cindy Dandois's and Larissa Pacheco's and it'll likely find its place and overall help the ratings.

Gonna be a bunch of overweight 145ers

Kayla will not become a star beating people in a made up weight class I hope she eventually lays off the horse meat and drops to 145.

Gonna be a bunch of overweight 145ers

Kayla will not become a star beating people in a made up weight class I hope she eventually lays off the horse meat and drops to 145.

This is exactly how Cyborg has come to fame lmao.

Kayla should follow the same playbook and spam Rond....Cyborg's name every chance she gets.

This is exactly how Cyborg has come to fame lmao.

Kayla should follow the same playbook and spam Rond....Cyborg's name every chance she gets.

Difference is cyborg violently finishes people and is UFC champion.

Kayla isn't a killer finisher she is still very green and in a weight class that doesn t exist.

LOL, I can't wait to see some of the tubs they trot out there to be slaughtered.

Should be quite the collection of talented mixed martial artists.

Difference is cyborg violently finishes people and is UFC champion.

Kayla isn't a killer finisher she is still very green and in a weight class that doesn t exist.
Kayla who “isn’t a finisher” has finished both of her oponents, but don’t let the facts get in your way.

Kayla who “isn’t a finisher” has finished both of her oponents, but don’t let the facts get in your way.

She is not a violent or fast finisher like rousey or cyborg.

Kayla has looked every bit of noob against very lackluster competition.For her to become a star she will need fast finishes especially against the sub par competition she will be facing.

Personally I don't think she will become anything but a knockoff rousey.

She is not a violent or fast finisher like rousey or cyborg.

Kayla has looked every bit of noob against very lackluster competition.For her to become a star she will need fast finishes especially against the sub par competition she will be facing.

Personally I don't think she will become anything but a knockoff rousey.
She’s had two fights, and both times beat opponents who had way more mma experience than her, finishing both.

Cyborg stands out because she’s a road freak and looks like one.

She’s had two fights, and both times beat opponents who had way more mma experience than her, finishing both.

Cyborg stands out because she’s a road freak and looks like one.

She's had 2 fights against weak opposition who had more mma experience but that's not saying much lmfao.

Brittney Elkin had a losing record coming into that fight and really is not a good fighter at all.Kayla armbarred her but could have finished her sooner for sure.

Jozette cotton is a decent fighter but definitely a fat 145er and not known for her ground game and yet Kayla couldn't submit her.

I fully understand she is green in mma and still learning but I just don't see the star quality.

Cyborg is known because she is champion of multiple orgs,feared by even men during sparring, and has wins over woman with name value .Cyborg isn't some fluke hype machine the chick has proven that already.

There are enough women lightweight fighters to hold a tournament. Seriously, you people are on a MMA site and are supposed to be knowledgeable about MMA. There is Sarah Patterson, Bobbi Jo Dalziel, Randi Miller, who is Olympic Bronze Medalist in wrestling, who is 1-0 in MMA and is back training for MMA and wants in for the PFL Women's Lightweight Tournament. There is Erin Toughill, who was "Steel" on American Gladiators and who is 10-3 in MMA and wants to be a part of this PFL Women's Lightweight Tournament field. There is Moriel Charneski, who just beat Sarah Patterson, there is Jozette Cotton, who really wants to redeem herself after losing to Kayla Harrison. There is Brittney Elkin, who also got finished by Kayla Harrison. There is possibly Alexis Dufrense, who retired, but had problems making weight in Bellator, but 155 would be a much better weight cut for her. There is Holly Lawson, who trains at Antonio McKee's BodyShop Gym. There are plenty of women lightweight fighters out there.

Back