PFL Playoffs Set

So WW has two rematches in the quarterfinals already

This is great. I look forward to October.

We all know what's gonna happen in a Ray Cooper vs Jake Shields rematch, why couldn't Nurmagomedov be number 8 in the playoffs. He has the same number of points as Shields and the matchup wouldn't be a shitty rematch.

We all know what's gonna happen in a Ray Cooper vs Jake Shields rematch, why couldn't Nurmagomedov be number 8 in the playoffs. He has the same number of points as Shields and the matchup wouldn't be a shitty rematch.
There are a list of tie breaker rules that determine who makes the playoffs and seeding for fighters who have the same number of points.

There are a list of tie breaker rules that determine who makes the playoffs and seeding for fighters who have the same number of points.
What was tiebreaker that Jake had over Abubakar

I don’t like the Cooper/Shields rematch personally. I prefer fresh matches at this point in the tournament.

Dont wanna see shields get mauled again.

One interesting thing.

The quarterfinals are 10 minutes (followed by 15 min semi-finals the same night.)

In case of a draw, he who won the first round advances.

That's a huge advantage for some fighters. For example: In the HW division, if Roshold wrestles Tiller for one round and then coasts for the second, he'll still advance due to winning the first round.

One interesting thing.

The quarterfinals are 10 minutes (followed by 15 min semi-finals the same night.)

That's a huge advantage for some fighters. For example: In the HW division, if Roshold wrestles Tiller for one round and then coasts for the second, he'll still advance due to winning the first round.

Yep. There will be a lot of strategy in the playoffs.

Notice a big jump in views for the prelims on FB so that is cool...PFL is awesome I am loving this.

Last night was a card riddled with great finishes

I want to see the lhw bracket.
I have Brooks/Rashid winner taking the lw tourney.

One interesting thing.

Yeah I don't like it at all
IMO the better ranked guy should advance

One interesting thing.

Tiller took Rosholt down with a blast double in the first round of their fight. What a stupid rematch.

One interesting thing.

Weird, but I'm not sure how other tournaments have done it. Hopefully it'll mean there's some incentivized fighters charging out for the second round.

I really didn't enjoy those quick finishes at PFL 7. To me it came off as a night of uncompetitive matches. Not the PFL's fault. I'm looking forward to the tournament, however, and I'm looking forward to January 2018 for PFL Season 2 so we can get a whole year of how the PFL Regular season and Tournament should work, giving fighters proper time to recover and we get to see the Women's Featherweight or Lightweight division come aboard. Depending on which one Kayla Harrison is comfortable with making the weight for. So we may get to see Pam Sorenson, and Sarah Patterson, and Latoya Walker and Amy Coleman and Bobbi Jo Dalziel and others.

Back