Photos of my New Sporting 14oz Floyd-Conor themed gloves:

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by deh707, Jun 28, 2018.

1. SMSLY

SMSLY White Belt

Stunning!

deh707 likes this.
  2. deh707

deh707 Orange Belt

Initial review just added in the original post!

3. RDL81

RDL81 Orange Belt

How do you rate the quality vs other gloves you have owned in terms of the leather and workmanship etc. I guess what I am trying to say is how will these compare to my Cleto Reyes for example.

4. deh707

deh707 Orange Belt

The craftsmanship is top notch that's for sure. Comparable to Reyes/Winning. The leather seems a bit grainy compared to the smoothness of Reyes/Winning leathers. I have no idea if this has to do with the metallic colors, but they definitely seem high quality.

Though to be honest I generally can't really tell the differences on leather qualities; I just know it isn't as smooth, but they definitely feel tough/study.

j-boxing likes this.
  5. Noodles03

Noodles03 Blue Belt

@deh707 , I'm not sure if you have answer this, but could use New Sporting gloves for sparring or are the padding a bit stiff?

6. deh707

deh707 Orange Belt

Yeah it should be fine. It's practically the same as Reyes, maybe a bit softer.

They're supposed to be 99% similar to Grants, with the padding and leather being completely identical.

j-boxing and Noodles03 like this.
  7. RDL81

RDL81 Orange Belt

You pleases you went for the extra padding or you think not really needed

8. deh707

deh707 Orange Belt

Yeah I like it, especially with the way it was structured, soft layer as the first layer to make contact with the knuckles, so it's comfortable right away.

Without it, it would be a bit denser as the knuckles would be making contact with the default padding (standard natural latex as opposed to soft natural latex).

I prefer this over simply having more of the default padding (which is probably the method of the Cleto Reyes Extra Padding model).

But it's probably not really needed... It's a personal preference thing really.

I also figure that with more padding = more overall durability.

RDL81 likes this.
  9. RDL81

RDL81 Orange Belt

Thanks think I will order a pair at some point just asking around UK friends if they want a put so we can get two to save on postage

10. Granby

Granby White Belt

And Brave!

11. ErenJaeger_

ErenJaeger_ Blue Belt

12. Uncle Salty

Uncle Salty White Belt

Beautiful gloves! Thanks for sharing. I never knew about this brand. Really need another set of gloves like I need a hole in the head, but the gear junkie in me is celebrating lol

j-boxing and deh707 like this.
  13. Boxing1289

Boxing1289 White Belt

@deh707 Nice looking gloves mate. How are the gloves holding up?
    How did you find the hand compartment and are these gloves bulky? I am planning to buy one mostly for bag work and fitness training. I don't do sparring but might think about it in the future. I like compact gloves and i am confused between 2B model 12oz and 14oz.

j-boxing likes this.
  14. deh707

deh707 Orange Belt

They are holding up extremely well. As expected of top tier Mexican craftsmanship .

The hand compartment is pretty snug .

You will be fine with either 12oz or 14oz if it's just for bagwork .

15. Boxing1289

Boxing1289 White Belt

@deh707 Do the cuffs feel a bit longer? The purpose of them is for extra wrist protection but I don't like when the gloves ride up to my elbow. I once had 14oz sabas supersoft it was kind of bulky gloves but the hand compartment was too snug.
    Have you got any other gloves to compare the size of the gloves? Do you think 12oz will make that much of a difference in terms on size and profile of the glove?

16. Minowafanatic

Minowafanatic Black Belt

Awesome gloves.

I agree Mexican gloves often come in heavy, but, I'm just curious what you think the reason is behind that?

17. Boxing1289

Boxing1289 White Belt

Can you please list the measurements (length and width) of the gloves if possible?

18. Kick_@ss_Seabass

Kick_@ss_Seabass Blue Belt

Mine were shipped last Friday and arrived in Canada last Monday. So 3 days, which is really good. Did not like the 19$ customs charge tho. Also I guess Canadian customs agents are a bit paranoid with packages from Mexici because they inspected it lol. The incomplete address on the tag probably did not helped . Had to call DHL so they could deliver it. So that's confirm the unreliable postale service in Mexico, because I sent my complete address like 3 times to make sure they had it right.

The gloves are beautiful and really comfy. Don't know if it was customs or I was unlucky, but I had a bad thread that was coming undone and a tiny rip on the liner. Both near each other. Took the gloves to a cobbler and the thread is now fixed. I will fix the liner myself.

So in total they cost me 200$ cnd. Better then 600$ Grant lol

j-boxing likes this.
  19. hangulmalmotayo

hangulmalmotayo Green Belt

They were probably looking to see if there was any cocaine stashed in the glove...

j-boxing likes this.
  20. hangulmalmotayo

hangulmalmotayo Green Belt

Was there any cocaine stashed in the glove?

j-boxing likes this.