Photos of my New Sporting 14oz Floyd-Conor themed gloves:

Mine were shipped last Friday and arrived in Canada last Monday. So 3 days, which is really good. Did not like the 19$ customs charge tho. Also I guess Canadian customs agents are a bit paranoid with packages from Mexici because they inspected it lol. The incomplete address on the tag probably did not helped . Had to call DHL so they could deliver it. So that's confirm the unreliable postale service in Mexico, because I sent my complete address like 3 times to make sure they had it right.

The gloves are beautiful and really comfy. Don't know if it was customs or I was unlucky, but I had a bad thread that was coming undone and a tiny rip on the liner. Both near each other. Took the gloves to a cobbler and the thread is now fixed. I will fix the liner myself.

So in total they cost me 200$ cnd. Better then 600$ Grant lol
What size did you buy? Do you think the profile of the gloves is bulky or compact/slim? If you could let me know about the measurements that would be nice. I can't decide between 12oz and 14oz as gloves look a bit bulky with longer cuffs. How did you find the hand compartment with the hand wraps (snug or loose)?

What size did you buy? Do you think the profile of the gloves is bulky or compact/slim? If you could let me know about the measurements that would be nice. I can't decide between 12oz and 14oz as gloves look a bit bulky with longer cuffs. How did you find the hand compartment with the hand wraps (snug or loose)?

Outside they look compact, bit they are super wide inside. I wrap Thai style (extra padding on knuckles) and they are style a bit roomy. If you have normal size hands, I would go with 12 oz.

Outside measurements:
5 3/4 " at knuckles
12 1/4 long from knuckles to the edge of the cuff.

Outside they look compact, bit they are super wide inside. I wrap Thai style (extra padding on knuckles) and they are style a bit roomy. If you have normal size hands, I would go with 12 oz.

Outside measurements:
5 3/4 " at knuckles
12 1/4 long from knuckles to the edge of the cuff.
Thanks for your reply. yes I was concerned about the hand compartment because I heard they were quite wide. what is your hand size? I would say my hands are small, around my palm it is about 7.8 inches (20 cm) and I also wrap my hands thai style.

Are those measurements for 14oz or 16oz? The cuffs length seem super long.
Are your gloves also heavier than the actual weight?

Thanks for your reply. yes I was concerned about the hand compartment because I heard they were quite wide. what is your hand size? I would say my hands are small, around my palm it is about 7.8 inches (20 cm) and I also wrap my hands thai style.

Are those measurements for 14oz or 16oz? The cuffs length seem super long.
Are your gloves also heavier than the actual weight?

The gloves are 16oz.

My hands are 8 3/4" around the knuckles, but my fingers are long. No problem in regards to the length of the finger pocket.

As for the weight, my kitchen scale is down, but they don't feel évier then my other 16oz which are on the dot. Really well balanced gloves. Padding is awesome too.

The gloves are 16oz.

My hands are 8 3/4" around the knuckles, but my fingers are long. No problem in regards to the length of the finger pocket.

As for the weight, my kitchen scale is down, but they don't feel évier then my other 16oz which are on the dot. Really well balanced gloves. Padding is awesome too.

12oz seems ideal for me but can't decide. I'm planning to use the lace up ones with lace and loop.

That's nice if your gloves are true to weight. I did some enquiry with the new sporting team and they told the gloves are usually heavier than the actual weight.

12oz seems ideal for me but can't decide. I'm planning to use the lace up ones with lace and loop.

That's nice if your gloves are true to weight. I did some enquiry with the new sporting team and they told the gloves are usually heavier than the actual weight.

They probably are heavier, but the fact that they are well balanced makes the heaviness less noticable.

They probably are heavier, but the fact that they are well balanced makes the heaviness less noticable.

I hope I will decide to buy the right size gloves without any regrets after getting it lol. Anyway thanks for your help.

I hope I will decide to buy the right size gloves without any regrets after getting it lol. Anyway thanks for your help.

You cannot go wrong with either.

Like and old forum member told me a few years ago: it's only money lol

I just got my order in from New Sporting. I ordered 3 sets of 12 oz gloves (1 for me and my 2 sons) for heavy bag and pad work.
The materials appear very good.
The leather is thick but grainy. Not as fine as say Reyes or Casanova. The welt construction is a plus.
Stitching is very good on all the gloves though on the green set the palm portion is not centered, leaning the laces towards the thumb. This adds a bit more pressure on the thumbs base piping which will need breaking in like a Reyes.
The padding feels really nice and I’m anxious to see how it will hold up.
The handbox is super. Not too snug and not too large. IMO will make breaking in a glove a more pleasant task.
The finish of these gloves are mediocre and not nearly as refined as Reyes or Fairtex. Casanova’s are slightly better in this dept.
The right thumb on the green set had cracks on the green metallic portion and scuff marks on the gold portion. Appears whoever did the padding work was not mindful. Keep in mind that this step is probably the hardest on the leather and stitching as a bit of muscle is required to work them in. This shows the quality control is poor.
All in all these are ok for the actual price (the shipping is what makes them only a ok deal rather than a good deal) and you will get a good working set of gloves that appear like they will last.
Can’t seem to upload my photos .
Sorry for hi jacking this thread but I don’t have enough cred on this forum to start a new thread yet lol.

I've just ordered (I think) a pair of 14oz 2b gloves in red/white/blue. Based on these grants.
Screenshot_2018-10-19-23-15-42-744_com.android.chrome.png
I chose these above topboxer in the hope that Mexican gloves are superior so it's worth the extra 30 dollars, right?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the customer experience is pretty bad. I speak pretty fluent Spanish and found it hard and a bit frustrating over Facebook. I'm not crazy about sending money to people over PayPal either, am I old-fashioned? I want a proper receipt or sth.

Rant over.

I've just ordered (I think) a pair of 14oz 2b gloves in red/white/blue. Based on these grants.
View attachment 474535
I chose these above topboxer in the hope that Mexican gloves are superior so it's worth the extra 30 dollars, right?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that the customer experience is pretty bad. I speak pretty fluent Spanish and found it hard and a bit frustrating over Facebook. I'm not crazy about sending money to people over PayPal either, am I old-fashioned? I want a proper receipt or sth.

Rant over.
Surely the whole point of paying via paypal is that you are protected its if they don't accept pay pal you would need to worry.

Surely the whole point of paying via paypal is that you are protected its if they don't accept pay pal you would need to worry.
Well yeh I'd never use western union for example. I guess I'm just not used to the peer to peer shopping experience.

I just got my order in from New Sporting. I ordered 3 sets of 12 oz gloves (1 for me and my 2 sons) for heavy bag and pad work.
The leather is thick but grainy. Not as fine as say Reyes or Casanova. The welt construction is a plus.
Stitching is very good on all the gloves though on the green set the palm portion is not centered, leaning the laces towards the thumb. This adds a bit more pressure on the thumbs base piping which will need breaking in like a Reyes.
The handbox is super. Not too snug and not too large. IMO will make breaking in a glove a more pleasant task.
The finish of these gloves are mediocre and not nearly as refined as Reyes or Fairtex. Casanova’s are slightly better in this dept.
The right thumb on the green set had cracks on the green metallic portion and scuff marks on the gold portion. Appears whoever did the padding work was not mindful. Keep in mind that this step is probably the hardest on the leather and stitching as a bit of muscle is required to work them in. This shows the quality control is poor.
All in all these are ok for the actual price (the shipping is what makes them only a ok deal rather than a good deal) and you will get a good working set of gloves that appear like they will last.
Sorry for hi jacking this thread but I don’t have enough cred on this forum to start a new thread yet lol.
any pics?

This sounds accurate.

46855712_1648593368772542_3072923317875769344_n.jpg

Here is a picture of my three new sporting gloves, what's your guys opinions?

Is that stripe on the thumb standard now? I wonder if Hernandez is copying Grant or if they currently do produce Grants...

I asked if they could do a test to see how close they can get, and they did an amazing job! They now produce this is a model called '2BX'. Do you think the black pair looks like it has bubbles on the top?

Is that stripe on the thumb standard now? I wonder if Hernandez is copying Grant or if they currently do produce Grants...
Seems they where able to copy it very quick and accurately. I wouldn't be surprised if they are involved in the Grant production process somewhere.

Seems they where able to copy it very quick and accurately. I wouldn't be surprised if they are involved in the Grant production process somewhere.

Agreed, i'm staring at the black pair, i'll be able to tell when I get them, but does it look like the black pair have dips in it? Like little bubbles or is it just me?

Back