WW:Usman
LW:Khabib
FW:Bektic

Lombard

Gay Jesus

Mark Kerr

Mark Coleman

Kevin Randleman

I don't follow all weight classes closely but what with all the deadlifting chat lately I thought this would be an interesting dicussion. What do you think?

HW: Mark Hunt, unless Lesnar comes back
LHW: Rumble

WFW: Cyborg but Megan Anderson is a powerful lass
WBW: Nunes
WFLW: Alexis Davis

Wbw Raquel
Wflw jessy jess

Flw Cejudo
Bw Faber
Fw Mendes
Lw khabib
Ww Woodley
Mw yoel
Lhw cormier
Hw ngannou

HW: Stipe or prime Cain
LHW: Jones unless he's counted out due to roids. Then DC.
MW: Yoel
WW: Woodley
LW: Khabib
FW: Not sure.
BW: Maybe TJ but really sure.
FLY: Cejudo

Strongest is very subjective. You've got two distinct classes. Strongest strikers and strongest grapplers. Their strengths are very different.

Interesting. Can you explain? Why would a strong grappler, say, not have the strength to strike forcefully? I would have though the difference was a matter of technique, not strength.

Jessica Andrade
Sijara Eubanks
Holly Holm
Tim Elliot
John Lineker
Chad Mendes
Khabib/Lee
Tyron Woodley/ Maia
Yoel Romero
Daniel Cormier
Derrick Lewis/Curtis Blaydes

Cormier... Tossing guys around like nothing. That guy has the definition of man strength.... Also makes me thinking about Prime Hughes... slamming people with that farm strength. Plus Tank could bench 600 pounds then out drink you at the bar...

I think Mark Hunt is just really powerful with the big frame of his, I'm not sure how much actual strength that ends up being.

Strong enough to beat bobbu sappu in a tug of war.

So I'd rate marks strength at about 1.1 sapps

The final 3 would look like this:

mariuszpudzianowski_butterbean_sylvia_duzy.jpg

I don't follow all weight classes closely but what with all the deadlifting chat lately I thought this would be an interesting dicussion. What do you think?

HW: Mark Hunt, unless Lesnar comes back
LHW: Rumble

WFW: Cyborg but Megan Anderson is a powerful lass
WBW: Nunes
WFLW: Alexis Davis
you only listed 2 men's divisions but listed all 3 women's? Whats wrong with you?
<Kpop01>

Strongest is very subjective. You've got two distinct classes. Strongest strikers and strongest grapplers. Their strengths are very different.
There is no "striking strength" or grappling strength", just strength in general.

KO power is a combination of accuracy, explosiveness and effective technique. grappling is really just all technique and proper use of leverage.

A powerlifter is physically stronger than a boxer in that his individual muscles can exert more force, but he will never hit as hard because he lacks technique.

Same story with grappling he'll be manhandled and appear weaker because he's less skilled.

Interesting. Can you explain? Why would a strong grappler, say, not have the strength to strike forcefully? I would have though the difference was a matter of technique, not strength.
Because there's explosiveness which is more a combination of speed and strength, then there's static which is used allot more in positional grappling someone like askren doesn't necessarily punch hard because his strong top control, but someone like yoel with explosive takedowns does have the tool to obviously punch hard training or not

There is no "striking strength" or grappling strength", just strength in general.

KO power is a combination of accuracy, explosiveness and effective technique. grappling is really just all technique and proper use of leverage.

A powerlifter is physically stronger than a boxer in that his individual muscles can exert more force, but he will never hit as hard because he lacks technique.

Same story with grappling he'll be manhandled and appear weaker because he's less skilled.
What? This is completely wrong.
Grappling especially positional is very static, that's very different than the strength used to snap a left hook or drive a single leg.
There's 100 percent different types of strengths, static, dynamic also mechanical strength this is a fact

What? This is completely wrong.
Grappling especially positional is very static, that's very different than the strength used to snap a left hook or drive a single leg.
There's 100 percent different types of strengths, static, dynamic also mechanical strength this is a fact
That isn't strength though its mostly technique. A left hook only hits hard because of the force from your hips,legs and core.

If the worlds strongest man throws just an arm punch its weak.

On the different catagories of strength though the only one that really comes into play and the only one you test is explosive strength because grappling isn't "static" the muscles are still contracting and there is movement. Dynamic strength is more endurance or strength over time, that's not what anyone is asking about just peak strength.

Last edited:
That isn't strength though its mostly technique. A left hook only hits hard because of the force from your hips,legs and core.

If the worlds strongest man throws just an arm punch its weak.
it is strength though, it's a very strong isometric static strength, it's very different than a punch which is dynamic.
Allot of guys who only grappled their whole lives without doing any explosive shit have this problem.
Technique is definitely a factor but there's a difference in static and dynamic strength, and grappling is allot of static

it is strength though, it's a very strong isometric static strength, it's very different than a punch which is dynamic.
Allot of guys who only grappled their whole lives without doing any explosive shit have this problem.
Technique is definitely a factor but there's a difference in static and dynamic strength, and grappling is allot of static
I don't really see how static strength comes into play significantly though when grappling, you're still contracting your muscles and moving geneally in every position.

Also someone who is strong dynamically will normally be strong statically as well, weight training will give you both. Anyone will likely be able to hold whatever weight they bench still for a significant amount of time.

I think a grapplers problem is they're just not conditioned to strike and struggle with the technique.

Back