Physically strongest fighters in each Weight Class

20140731114957_IMG_1233.JPG
Came to post this.

I don't really see how static strength comes into play significantly though when grappling, you're still contracting your muscles and moving geneally in every position.

Also someone who is strong dynamically will normally be strong statically as well, weight training will give you both. Anyone will likely be able to hold whatever weight they bench still for a significant amount of time.

I think a grapplers problem is they're just not conditioned to strike and struggle with the technique.
Well do you grapple?
It plays a big factor man trust me.
http://jiujitsumag.com/isometric-strength/

I don't follow all weight classes closely but what with all the deadlifting chat lately I thought this would be an interesting dicussion. What do you think?

HW: Mark Hunt, unless Lesnar comes back
LHW: Rumble

WFW: Cyborg but Megan Anderson is a powerful lass
WBW: Nunes
WFLW: Alexis Davis
Those are the divisions you follow? Get the fuck off of the forums and go do some fucking research.

define strongest? Lifting weights or manhandling people. For instance Khabib manhandles people but would probably be outlifted in the gym to guys like Northcutt

There is no "striking strength" or grappling strength", just strength in general.

KO power is a combination of accuracy, explosiveness and effective technique. grappling is really just all technique and proper use of leverage.

A powerlifter is physically stronger than a boxer in that his individual muscles can exert more force, but he will never hit as hard because he lacks technique.

Same story with grappling he'll be manhandled and appear weaker because he's less skilled.

Well then how the fuck do you figure out who is the "strongest" in mma? Are you just going by how much they squat in the gym?

Interesting. Can you explain? Why would a strong grappler, say, not have the strength to strike forcefully? I would have though the difference was a matter of technique, not strength.

It's a matter of semantics at this point. If you want to judge on pure gym strength Pudzianowski is probably the strongest fighter to ever participate in mma. But when it came to mma he was overpowered on the ground and submitted plenty of times. So again...What does strongest mean?

HW - Hunt/Lesnar/
LHW - DC/Jones
MW - Yoel/GSP
WW - GSP/Woodly
LW - Khabib/Tibau
FW - Frankie/Stevens

Cormier... Tossing guys around like nothing. That guy has the definition of man strength.... Also makes me thinking about Prime Hughes... slamming people with that farm strength. Plus Tank could bench 600 pounds then out drink you at the bar...
whats crazy is how most people say prime hughes was pound for pound strongest dude, then Hughes himself called GSP an extremely powerful individual makes you think as well about GSPs strength. It is why i listed him for MW and WW

It's a matter of semantics at this point. If you want to judge on pure gym strength Pudzianowski is probably the strongest fighter to ever participate in mma. But when it came to mma he was overpowered on the ground and submitted plenty of times. So again...What does strongest mean?
strongest means the only strength that matter. When two men lock horns who is going to beat up who. whos going to throw who around and or keep him down, who uses his stength the best to his advantage to defeat the other man. Thats the only strength that should matter. Forget weights... i remember some dude fighting Cheik Kongo a few years back, Rogan kept talking about the guys benck press and squat total and all this shit... well that dude couldnt even take Kongo down and that was what Kongo was known for being worst at.. so ya one thing we all should know for sure by now is weight lifting strength means shit in a fight.

Latifi post some CRAZY SHIT on his IG. He’s insanely strong.

HW: Miocic or Ngannou
LHW:Jones
MW: Romero
WW: GSP
LW: Khabib
FW: Edgar

strongest means the only strength that matter. When two men lock horns who is going to beat up who. whos going to throw who around and or keep him down, who uses his stength the best to his advantage to defeat the other man. Thats the only strength that should matter. Forget weights... i remember some dude fighting Cheik Kongo a few years back, Rogan kept talking about the guys benck press and squat total and all this shit... well that dude couldnt even take Kongo down and that was what Kongo was known for being worst at.. so ya one thing we all should know for sure by now is weight lifting strength means shit in a fight.

I agree. And in the end that usually boils down to wrestlers.

Wouldnt that be down to lack of technique though?

Back