Pianeta taking selfies with Tyson Fury after head to head.....

What time is this shit on?

EDIT: Nevermind. 5 hours from now

I've only ever seen Pianeta fight twice and he lost both of them, I don't have much hope for him actually giving Fury a fight. He doesn't seem like a aggressive fighter.

Its pretty ridiculous to take issue with professionals being cordial lol.
I think it's more the fact it looks like he's not taking it seriously. Though that is Tyson he has less credibility when doing it at the moment. And personally I just want to see him not fuck about in the actual fight.

I think it's more the fact it looks like he's not taking it seriously. Though that is Tyson he has less credibility when doing it at the moment. And personally I just want to see him not fuck about in the actual fight.
This is the same guy who wore a batman outfit.

His weight loss alone shows enough about how serious hes taking it imo.

I've only ever seen Pianeta fight twice and he lost both of them, I don't have much hope for him actually giving Fury a fight. He doesn't seem like a aggressive fighter.

He seems to leave his hands down. Not good against a fighter who is tall like Fury.

This is the same guy who wore a batman outfit.

His weight loss alone shows enough about how serious hes taking it imo.
Nah I get you with those kind of antics. I guess it's both that it's outside the ring and he's not imo in a position to be doing so at this point. And for me that's just lost some of the lustre. Don't get me wrong I love the usual jazz. But I domt like him being all rosey with these obviously sub par opposition at this point. If he's good against pianeta I'll be back on the hype train but he really does have a lot to prove at this point. That's why I would be wanted him to have a few more fights before Deontay.

Nah I get you with those kind of antics. I guess it's both that it's outside the ring and he's not imo in a position to be doing so at this point. And for me that's just lost some of the lustre. Don't get me wrong I love the usual jazz. But I domt like him being all rosey with these obviously sub par opposition at this point. If he's good against pianeta I'll be back on the hype train but he really does have a lot to prove at this point. That's why I would be wanted him to have a few more fights before Deontay.
I'm not feeling the selfies and the "Manny-esque" type of good fun he is having with his opponents.

It's almost as if those guys KNOW they aren't going to win, so they are just there to have fun.
Possible dive situations. Who knows?

The thing in sports, especially fighting sports, is that you need (at least it is highly beneficial) to be able to "turn on the mean" for your performance in the ring/octagon. You have to have ill intentions during the bout. You literally need to treat the other guy like he just raped and killed your family. If instead you go in thinking it is just another day with your buddies in the gym, it just isn't the right mindset.

In a way it is definitely faked, but it is also real. You need to work yourself up to a level of mean. It is an important element of sports psychology -- you need to be there to dominate and intimidate.

The problem with going in with fist bumps, hugs and jokes is that the fight will end up being more like a sparring session and you'll end up fighting for points rather than for KO.

You especially can tell who's good at this based on behavior when a guy connects -- the real pro's like Mike Tyson, Holyfield, Marciano, etc. would jump in for the kill. Wilder has it -- watch how his eyes open up when he gets an opportunity to finish. There's a reason why Mike Tyson said he could tell during the staredown who was going to win, it was about gauging the level of mental dominance.

Anyway, you don't need to make up some sort of soap opera beef outside the ring, but you definitely need to be able to turn on the meanness for the professional encounters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back