Pick A Car From the 80s

I'm still driving my truck from 1987, does that count? Original owner, numbers matching and I still beat on it daily.

everyday driver:
fj60.jpg

weekend 80s driver:

That Landcruiser is probably a gas guzzling sack of shit for an everyday driver, but it's a great SUV. I just saw a great condition one yesterday. Definitely built to last, unlike cars today.

Last edited:
I'm still driving my truck from 1987, does that count? Original owner, numbers matching and I still beat on it daily.
Stepside bed
<{anton}>

That is a gorgeous truck. Looks perfect for cruising that terrain.

I feel that somewhere in the 80's (maybe late 80's) cars all started looking way too similar which lead to the current situation of everything looking samey. No car companies try out any interesting distinct looks anymore, there's nothing even remotely approaching the distinct visuals of the 60's and prior.

I feel that somewhere in the 80's (maybe late 80's) cars all started looking way too similar which lead to the current situation of everything looking samey. No car companies try out any interesting distinct looks anymore, there's nothing even remotely approaching the distinct visuals of the 60's and prior.
I agree. The worst are all the new hybrid SUV's. Most of them look like a potato on wheels.

Back