Picked up Last of Us on PS4 sale

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
and am playing for the first time and I have to say.

This game sucks. Other than the acting, what is good about it? Clunky controls, slow, boring gameplay, shitty combat.

Why the hype?

Honestly I agree, picked it up thinking im in for a cracking game its just average.

Its not terrible but 10/10 no way

This game sucks. Other than the acting, what is good about it? Clunky controls, slow, boring gameplay, shitty combat.

Why the hype?

How far are you into it?

It's one of my favorite games of all time. However, the game is sort of broken right now. It causes me problems when I try to stream it. It's a PS3 game 5 years past its release. Really looking forward to the sequel...

"Clunky controls"...

No, clunky player.

I don't think it's a great as everyone makes it out to be but it's definitely a good game.

How far are you into the game? For me, exploring a beautiful post-apocalyptic world with interesting characters and plot-twists was a top-flight gaming experience. I also enjoyed the crafting system and the ability to upgrade weapons like in Resident Evil 4. The fungal zombies were original and pretty cool too. There's also how the enemies in the game behave and talk like normal humans instead of mindless cliche thugs like in most games. I also appreciated little things like how all the bodies of water were different instead of just one cookie-cutter type of water, if that makes sense, it really added to the immersion.

The music, graphics, voice acting and story were all excellent. The gameplay is kind of similar to the Uncharted series, imo. By the end of the game you may be wondering who are the bigger monsters in that setting, the zombies or the survivors.

Last edited:
I finished it a couple of times over and it's a great game but I'd probably give it a 9/10. No way a 10.

Naughty dog can tell a story, that's their main strength. Gameplay is mediocre. It is a bit clunky but at least it isn't resident evil clunky. That series needs a fucking overhaul.

I somewhat agree I have this on ps4 picked it up when it came out. Just doesn't lure me back like the uncharted games do.

It's the best story in a video game to date. It's a bit tough to elaborate without spoiling anything, but I can say that Joel is surprisingly complex. Most other studios couldn't have handled his transition with the finesse it takes to avoid being hokey or trite.

Also, depending on your perspective, nobody is a good guy. Having sympathetic characters that aren't necessarily moral is not easy to manage.

Wasn't that bothered about it either, even from a story/writing POV

Pretty much the game that brought me from Xbox to ps4. Was not dissapointed

I also bought it on sale after seeing the amazing footage for the sequel.

I am also disappointed. I'm halfway through, and its good. But not more than good, and I don't understand how some people praise it as a 'best ever'.

I also thought Uncharted was a bland series, so maybe naughty dog just isn't for me

If you are just now playing it, it's probably not going to stand out as much because so many games have borrowed the formula. Keep in mind, it was a PS3 game.

At the time, it was mind blowing and really showed that a serious story that is well acted could be made. I was hooked the moment the prologue ended and knew it was something special. Easily one of my top games of all time.

Playing it for the first time in 2018 though, I can see how some wouldn't understand. It's like having kids play NES or SNES games that didn't grow up with them. It doesn't translate.

I didn't like this game until my 2nd attempt at playing it with the PS4. I didn't get very far the first time and didn't get the game. 2nd time playing it was the same... I thought I had made a mistake buying the remastered version for the PS4.. Then I played past the point and suddenly everything clicked for me. one of my favorite games of all time.

I haven't played it since PS3 release. But I will play the remaster on PS4 soon, before the second part releases.

Why the hype?

I never understood it either. It’s a generic predictable zombie story with clunky shooting and half assed survival aspects. It’s not a very good game at all. Uncharted is much better and is naughty dogs best series.

Back