Pinnacle of Heavy Metal / Vocals today

Stuckinpurgatory

White Belt
@White
Reaction score

Dan Watson has the best Heavy Metal vocals today and his range is insane.

His band Enterprise Earth is pure brutality.

Impressive clean vocals when doing covers

This is not heavy metal, bud.

How do you death growl without destroying your vocal chords?

If you want better sounding singers with range, the eastern, and northern European power metal bands are a good place to start.

what is it? grindcore?
I'd say yes, however you can never be sure with that awful lot of styles today. This dude has a powerful throat for sure. However, I find Amon Amarth vocalist Johan Hegg more impressive, due to the fact he doesn't even need to use chords-preserving techniques and can just roar like an angry polar bear for the whole show.

You posted a metalcore vocalist. Almost all of the vocalists in that genre have the same style of vocals and its pretty meh if you ask me.

Now folks like Devin Townsend truly are what the cream of the crop is when you talk about the pinnacle of metal vocalists. The guy is a legend in his songwriting pedigree, guitar playing his vocal style and prowess. The guy can hit the high notes with the best of them as well as do the low guttural growls

Just listen from 6:30 to 7:00 and tell me that isn't some of the most powerful vocals you have ever heard

If you want better sounding singers with range, the eastern, and northern European power metal bands are a good place to start.
i believe it's to do with the breathing.

It took a few years to be able to properly sing the death metal style of vocals without destroying my voice. Now with a good 5-10 minute warm up I can sing without much of an issue or ruining my voice

Back