Social Pitbull Attack thread

I just finished a book called Pit Bull by Dickey, and it was really informative and balanced.

Pitbulls are the cutest most loving dogs out there. Maybe they are so aggressive and mad because they are being murdered at an alarming rate and those that survive are being forced into fighting other pitbulls

My uncles rescue pitbull jumps at me and knocks me down so she can lick my face. Not her fault she is an alpha female

hK05Mvq.png

I clicked on the first link. Did you read it? Who identified the dogs as pit bulls? Do you know how to I D a pit bull?

You know that MARS dog genetics test cannot determine what is a pit bull?

Plus, the dude had 6 pit bulls in one house, 2 were found dead, and we was bit in the neck while tring to break up a fight.

Sounds like a shitshow all around.

We also know when such bites happen with other breeds like Presas and such, it does not make the news.

But I am guessing you probably don't care.

Edit: I pointed out how difficult it is to ID a pit bull b/c there really is no such thing as a pit bull. There are APBT, AmStafs, Staff Bull and so on. Think of all the other breeds- do we do this or are we specific?

Last edited:
I clicked on the first link. Did you read it? Who identified the dogs as pit bulls? Do you know how to I D a pit bull?

Plus, the dude had 6 pit bulls in one house, 2 were found dead, and we was bit in the neck while tring to break up a fight.

We also know when such bites happen with other breeds like Presas and such, it does not make the news.

I can't believe this is even a discussion! It's obviously OWNER CULTURE and access to high-quality public parks that cause the difference. There needs to be better socialization of pitbulls to integrate them, more pitbulls near schools and kids, so that people can learn to drop the stereotypes and see them for the beautiful creatures they are.

Edit: I pointed out how difficult it is to ID a pit bull b/c there really is no such thing as a pit bull. There are APBT, AmStafs, Staff Bull and so on. Think of all the other breeds- do we do this or are we specific?

Who can say what a pit bull is?

I'm mean what is that anyway? P...I...T...B..U...L...L ? Its just a bunch of letters , arranged just so , for what ? Just so someone( or almost everyone actually) can wag their little fingers in righteous condemnation ?

" Pitbulls " ( what a laughable / stupid made up non word ) are no dog ......or maybe theyre EVERY dog !

Who can say what a pit bull is?

I'm mean what is that anyway? P...I...T...B..U...L...L ? Its just a bunch of letters , arranged just so , for what ? Just so someone( or almost everyone actually) can wag their little fingers in righteous condemnation ?

" Pitbulls " ( what a laughable / stupid made up non word ) are no dog ......or maybe theyre EVERY dog !

You cannot ID a pit bull, but you ID, for example, an AmStaff the same way you ID other pure bred dogs.

If you cannot do that, its a mutt, no difference than a Labradoodle.

You cannot ID a pit bull, but you ID, for example, an AmStaff the same way you ID other pure bred dogs.

If you cannot do that, its a mutt, no difference than a Labradoodle.

There's a certain set of characteristics that anyone not interested in playing a game of semantics can generally recognize.

These aren't people with civil rights and a constitution , they're fucking dogs. Let them age out of the picture and start heavy fines and / or imprisonment for anyone with a dog that can be verified by DNA to posses a certain threshold of Am staff or whatever breeds are used to create your typical white trash / ghetto mutt.

Lol at labradoddle s.......where are they on the death count chart? I'm guessing they are highly represented but Nobody misidentifies them like poor whittle buwwy breeds I reckon!

There's a certain set of characteristics that anyone not interested in playing a game of semantics can generally recognize.

These aren't people with civil rights and a constitution , they're fucking dogs. Let them age out of the picture and start heavy fines and / or imprisonment for anyone with a dog that can be verified by DNA to posses a certain threshold of Am staff or whatever breeds are used to create your typical white trash / ghetto mutt.

Lol at labradoddle s.......where are they on the death count chart? I'm guessing they are highly represented but Nobody misidentifies them like poor whittle buwwy breeds I reckon!

So you think you can ID a pit bull?

Not being a troll, but you should really go look at teh research that shows shelter workers cannot ID pitbulls.

Check out Chapter 8 (or maybe 7) of Dickey's Pit Ull. She stats are from 2013-14 but are very interesting.

What are those shared characteristics between APBT, AmStaffs, Staffs that are not shared with Bull Terrier, Dojos, Presa, American Bulldog, Olde English Bulldog and so on?

I am really not trying to be an ashole, but you post is 100% steriotypical of the uninformed.

that woman decided to get an adopted (usually mental issues) pitbull? What a fucking idiot.

And the other person had 6 pits? Yea, both of these are darwin award winners.

My parents shelter Boston Terriers for 20+ years, and I shit yo not, they have been bitten sssoooo mnay times.

Shelter dogs are often not so good.

Why is a 1/2/ APBT + 1/2 American Bulldog not a mutt just like a 1/2 lab + 1/2 poodle?

Maybe they are so aggressive and mad because they are being murdered at an alarming rate and those that survive are being forced into fighting other pitbulls

We can't judge pitbulls for attacking people without considering the context of systematic oppression of pitbulls?

My parents shelter Boston Terriers for 20+ years, and I shit yo not, they have been bitten sssoooo mnay times.

Shelter dogs are often not so good.

I agree. My first dog was even from a breeder, but a shitty breeder, who in retrospect, I feel must have abused her dogs. We trained her well, but it took about a year to fully socialize her properly for strangers, other dogs, and even be normal around just us (my family).

Also in regard to your post above, I personally would be ignorant and do not know the breeds. I just feel in general, that people should have to have a license to get a dog. Show they know how to properly train and take care of another living animal. I don't just say this for the sake of having well trained dogs that don't bite people. I also take into account the people who abuse dogs, illegal breed them, etc.

It is pretty staggering the number of dogs euthanized each year, simply because people get a dog they cannot properly take care of, have to give it up, and it ends up not finding a home and ends up being put down. It is sad as hell.

Not being a troll, but you should really go look at teh research that shows shelter workers cannot ID pitbulls.

Check out Chapter 8 (or maybe 7) of Dickey's Pit Ull. She stats are from 2013-14 but are very interesting.

What are those shared characteristics between APBT, AmStaffs, Staffs that are not shared with Bull Terrier, Dojos, Presa, American Bulldog, Olde English Bulldog and so on?

I am really not trying to be an ashole, but you post is 100% steriotypical of the uninformed.

I'm saying Its not necessary , most dogs that are identified ( mistakenly as you apologist like to hang on ) as pit bulls are an amalgamation of a few breeds. It would not be difficult to come up with a workable list and the enforce an allowable limit. DNA testing is cheap and ubiquitous." Oh , you showed up at a shelter with no tag and you're found to be 50% AM staff? Into the gas chamber with you." Oh , you mauled your white trash owners kids and you're determined to be an AM staff / boxer mix.....into the gas chamber with you and your owner can sit in jail for 12 months" . Bans have been implemented in other countries , we've put people on the moon , lets drop the disingenuous assertion that its some insurmountable problem.

A few dogs getting incorrectly labeled along the way would not a tragedy make......sorry.

I agree. My first dog was even from a breeder, but a shitty breeder, who in retrospect, I feel must have abused her dogs. We trained her well, but it took about a year to fully socialize her properly for strangers, other dogs, and even be normal around just us (my family).

Also in regard to your post above, I personally would be ignorant and do not know the breeds. I just feel in general, that people should have to have a license to get a dog. Show they know how to properly train and take care of another living animal. I don't just say this for the sake of having well trained dogs that don't bite people. I also take into account the people who abuse dogs, illegal breed them, etc.

It is pretty staggering the number of dogs euthanized each year, simply because people get a dog they cannot properly take care of, have to give it up, and it ends up not finding a home and ends up being put down. It is sad as hell.

When wife and I got our first dog, it went like this.
Breeder: "have you ever owned a dog before?"
Me: "for sure, i had like 4 growing up".
Breeder: "do you plan to do obediance?"
Me; "socialization yeah, but nog
I'm saying Its not necessary , most dogs that are identified ( mistakenly as you apologist like to hang on ) are an amalgamation of a few breeds. It would not be difficult to come up with a workable list and the enforce an allowable limit. DNA testing is cheap and ubiquitous." Oh , you showed up at a shelter with no tag and you're found to be 50% AM staff? Into the gas chamber with you." Oh , you mauled your white trash owners kids and you're determined to be an AM staff / boxer mix.....into the gas chamber with you and your owner can sit in jail for 12 months" . Bans have been implemented in other countries , we've put people on the moon , lets drop the disingenuous assertion that its some insurmountable problem.

A few dogs getting incorrectly labeled along the way would not a tragedy make......sorry.

Go check out the research, and you will be surprised how utterly wrong you are.

As I mentioned earlier, MARS dog DNA testing cannot ID a pit bull. It is not listed amongst the 250 or so breeds it can ID. Check out their website.

If DNA cannot ID a pit bull, who breeds would you use DNA to ID to ban?

lol @ calling me an apologist for taking suficent interest to learn about he situation while you just make this up and state it as fact.

My dog is an Olde English Bulldoge. When I got her, we went through her papers from teh IOEBA, and she has several APBTs in her past, to attempt to make the bulldogge more healthy

Is she a pit bull?

When wife and I got our first dog, it went like this.
Breeder: "have you ever owned a dog before?"
Me: "for sure, i had like 4 growing up".
Breeder: "do you plan to do obediance?"
Me; "socialization yeah, but nog

Go check out the research, and you will be surprised how utterly wrong you are.

As I mentioned earlier, MARS dog DNA testing cannot ID a pit bull. It is not listed amongst the 250 or so breeds it can ID. Check out their website.

If DNA cannot ID a pit bull, who breeds would you use DNA to ID to ban?

lol @ calling me an apologist for taking suficent interest to learn about he situation while you just make this up and state it as fact.

My dog is an Olde English Bulldoge. When I got her, we went through her papers from teh IOEBA, and she has several APBTs in her past, to attempt to make the bulldogge more healthy

Is she a pit bull?

Sure , Into the gas chamber with her too. You are still hanging onto semantics , my first post that you responded to......complete sarcasm , is amusingly enough the character you're playing . AMSTAFF , American Bull dog , Presa Canario ECT ECT I don't care really, any of those make up a meaningfull % of your lineage , to help with ya .

I'm sick of taking my $1200 bird dog to the dog park only to have him menaced the whole time by some blocky headed fuck stick of a dog with a set of nuts the size of a grapefruit and no owner in sight . Never in my life have I seen such a predictable trope as the ill behaved bully breed with the dipshit " he's fine " owner in tow .

This is exactly right. Pitbulls are not show dogs or even pure bred dogs. For the people that bred and raised these animals over the last 1000 years, the goal was never to narrow the genetic traits down to a specific "breed". The traits that were sought after were just courage, toughness and fighting ability. It didn't matter what breed the dog's parents were, if the dog had a long snout or short, big ears or small. If the dog was brave and could fight they were added to the genetic mix. True Pitbulls are just brave mutts.

This goes back to human's weird desire to label everything. Living creatures don't fit into nice neat boxes.

Back