Planning on moving to philly from new jersey

Exactly. And big surprise the type of person who moves to another state, specifically because it has a similar law to the one that got George Zimmerman off the hook for killing a black kid, also wants to be a cop. Zimmerman wanted to be a cop too.
33 states have "Stand Your Ground" laws

Learn how to spell there first.

Exactly. And big surprise the type of person who moves to another state, specifically because it has a similar law to the one that got George Zimmerman off the hook for killing a black kid, also wants to be a cop. Zimmerman wanted to be a cop too.

Ok i'm just going to ignore both of your comments because their really irrelevant, and i don't know if you guys know this but i finished high school 3 years ago and don't need to feel like i'm in school again.

33 states have "Stand Your Ground" laws

Yeah, that isn’t the point. He specifically said that he wanted to move to Pennsylvania for that reason, implying that where he currently lives does not.

Depends on where in Philly you're looking. I would suggest something outside of Philly with easy access into the city. Unless you're looking for the city life... which I will never understand...

Got any recommendations?

Ok i'm just going to ignore both of your comments because their really irrelevant, and i don't know if you guys know this but i finished high school 3 years ago and don't need to feel like i'm in school again.

I don’t need you to feel like you’re in school. I just need you to go back to school.

Philly is a nice city. Great food options. The people are a lot nicer than NNJ/NYC/LI

Only 1 person said that philly is not that nice, now i'm confused because 3 people said its a good town, are they nice to pakistani's like me?

Dude do you really have nothing better to do in your worthless life lmao?

I just want to know, what kind of person moves to another state in large part because of stand your ground laws? Really. I want to know.

Of course I have nothing to do. I’m commuting to work.

Yeah, that isn’t the point. He specifically said that he wanted to move to Pennsylvania for that reason, implying that where he currently lives does not.
I thought he wanted to go there because there is no civil service exam to become a police officer, meaning that he's threatened by the prospect of needing to pass the test? That's what I derived from it, at least.

I just want to know, what kind of person moves to another state in large part because of stand your ground laws? Really. I want to know.

Of course I have nothing to do. I’m commuting to work.

Ok so i'm a fighter yeah, and if someone hits me i would love the right to hit them back and not go to jail right? So new jersey does not have a self defense law. So if i hurt someone out of self defense i would go to jail right? So now i just answered your question so you either contribute without the whole teaching me new things about life thing oe you gtfo

I thought he wanted to go there because there is no civil service exam to become a police officer, meaning that he's threatened by the prospect of needing to pass the test? That's what I derived from it, at least.

Thats partially the reason, i just don't want to wait for the civil service test every 3 years, plus i am trying to go back to school actually and get some credit, i can pass it though ik i can.

Ok so i'm a fighter yeah, and if someone hits me i would love the right to hit them back and not go to jail right? So new jersey does not have a self defense law. So if i hurt someone out of self defense i would go to jail right? So now i just answered your question so you either contribute without the whole teaching me new things about life thing oe you gtfo

Wait a minute. I knew I recognized your name. You’re the guy who was always in the standup forum talking about fighting your cousin in backyard mma fights or some shit like that. Ok, I got trolled. Fuck off then.

And i'm sick of living with my parents, who constantly try to take away my free will so theirs that too, and self defense law is a must for me because i don't want to go to jail for defending myself its just not fair.

Wait a minute. I knew I recognized your name. You’re the guy who was always in the standup forum talking about fighting your cousin in backyard mma fights or some shit like that. Ok, I got trolled. Fuck off then.

How am i a troll lol, i hate it when people think i'm a troll. I got to admit that thread was a stupid thread.

Edit: if anyone can provide actual proof that i'm a troll i will happily stop posting on this forum, but for now people who actually want to contribute to the thread you guys can give me some insight.

Go ahead anybody who can provide proof that i'm a troll, and threads from 3 years ago don't count.

Backyard MMA fights? The 1990s called and wanted their pro wrestling and "idiots slamming each other through tables" back...

Glenside is nice and has good access. Horsham is really nice but a little more residential and outside the city.

Alright, i look those places up, i want to be a little close to jersey so that i can visir friends and family

Backyard MMA fights? The 1990s called and wanted their pro wrestling and "idiots slamming each other through tables" back...

It was a bareknuckle fight in my basement of my house when family were over he use to beat the shit out of me now he damn sure wouldnt now.

I grew up in jersey and live in PA now. I worked in center city Philly for 5 years and actually lived there briefly as well.

Philly is a really cool city. It's not nearly as dangerous as it used to be. A lot of neighborhoods that you didn't used to want to be in after dark have been developed with new restaurants and modern apartments.

What areas in philly are you looking at? My favorite neighborhood by far is the fishtown / kensington area. Lots of really cool little music venues, bars/clubs, shops, restaurants, art galleries, etc.

There are some really good mma gyms in philly too. I trained at Daddis MMA the whole time I worked down there and loved it. Daddis, Balance and the new Renzo Gracie Academy are probably the best ones in the city. One of my coaches at Daddis just started his own place last year as well. North Star MMA.

Back