Plant-based “meat” is so tasty that Europe’s meat industry has to bite back

I mean no offense and this is not an attack but you have Zero evidence to validate that statement.
Are you a veg?
Can you eat one veg meal and work 8 hours straight (no breaks) without feeling hungry or tired?
Peanut butter and carrots doesn't count as a meal.

I've had good vegetarian nachos, what's the big deal

There is no such thing as a vegetarian butcher. Fuck off.

'Notbacon'[as it is sold here as] is just about the saltiest thing i've ever tasted, it's disgusting and i'm sure unhealthy too.

'Notbacon'[as it is sold here as] is just about the saltiest thing i've ever tasted, it's disgusting and i'm sure unhealthy too.
I’d recommend yves bacon if you can find it. Tastes legit. Can even make it nice n crispy mhmm.

I tried maple tempeh “bacon” before. Was nothing like bacon about it s: was just bumpy and gross. Bleck.

Funny a couple of you have said veggie alternatives are too salty. I’ve not run into that issue, but rather things have too much garlic. Idk what it is about these people and garlic, and why they think our food needs so much of it

One of the best restaurants I've even been to was a vegetarian (not vegan) in Singapore called 'The Original Sin'. The owner also owned 'Michaelangelos' which was right next door to it down in Holland Village.

The dutch grow more food than any country other country in europe, but they're fucking awful at actually cooking it. Worse than the UK even. I've been there many times, and eaten in many restaurants with apparently good reviews, that wouldn't even remotely pass muster in London. The only good food I've had there was made by foreigners.

Last edited:
The dutch grow more food than any country other country in europe, but they're fucking awful at actually cooking it. Worse than the UK even. I've been there many, and eaten in many restaurants with apparently good reviews, that wouldn't even remotely pass muster in London. The only good food I've had there was made by foreigners.

lol

dutch food is like the worst of German and the worst of English food combined into a shittier amalgamation of blech

I think there are a lot of people, who if presented with a plant based alternative that tasted EXACTLY like it's meat counter part, they'd switch over in a heart beat. The reality is, though people may feel there is a moral reason to switch, the enjoyment of meaty food makes the switch impossible.

For me to switch, it would have to be everything. Eggs, cakes, burgers, steaks, chicken etc. If they suddenly figure that out, I'd have no issue switching.

Does it have the exact same nutritional properties, or just taste the same?

If you know how to prepare it, there’s some really good shit out there

I bought some plant ground patties a few months back. I pan fried it and made burgers. I almost gagged. I had to cover the whole thing in katsup in order to eat it. I can still taste that foul product as I'm typing this. Never ever again. What brand did you try?

Good question. Why not both? Also one of the best burgers I ever had was with @Monkadelic

Well, if it's both I guess switching wouldn't be a big deal -but if not, then that could be a bit of an issue. Animal protein, enzymes and so forth are associated with human developments in the frontal lobe from what I've read (for example) so it's not to be taken lightly from a nutritional standpoint imo.

No plant based food is ever going to match the smell of meat.
The scent of grilled meat is unmatched.
You can fake how it looks and you might fake how it tastes, but the body will still reject it as a protein source.

<36>

WAT

eat what you want but keep the stupid out of it eh? I eat fish only for some and have for some months and unfortunately the smell of cooking meat is a repellant now.

Cherry skoal, clean vagina and the dank are top smells and unmatched.

Are you a veg?

Yes.

Can you eat one veg meal and work 8 hours straight (no breaks) without feeling hungry or tired?

Can I? Yes. Do I? No. And I didn't do that when I was a meat eater either.

Peanut butter and carrots doesn't count as a meal.

I agree but I don't see the necessity in you pointing that out since I never said peanut butter and carrots count as a meal.

Now can you post links to studies or research that say the human body rejects non animal protein sources?

Back