Plantar fasciitis

• Thread starter Deleted member 409801
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 409801

Anybody ever deal with this annoying problem ? I've managed to make it through training for and running multiple marathons , 100 mile hikes ECT ECT in the past with no foot issues.

About 6 months ago , I decided to get back on a regular running regimen , and holy shit , I guess my foot couldn't take the stress of schlepping an extra 20 lbs of tub over my historic " fit " weight ( I was 220 lb 6 months ago , back to slightly over 200 now ). I've tried the night boot , stretching it , ice , resting for a week , I even resorted to a steroid shot a few weeks ago because I've got a long hike coming up an figured itd be impossible to do with the way it was. Shot was great at alleviating the pain , but its not a " cure " and just temporarily reduces the inflammation , its slowly coming back despite my efforts at rehab.

Anyone have any useful advice to help get over this condition?

Orthotics or orthopaedic shows.

Yeah , the podiatrist I saw mentioned those , but he didnt have any in my size when I was in the office . I'm inclined to think that now that I'm lighter it should heal. ......eventually . Its just getting over the state of chronic inflammation that's the issue , was hoping the shot would give me the push in that direction that i needed. Thanks for the response.

The shoes mentioned and healing up are the way to go. But since you have that hike coming up you may want to try wrapping your foot. There's different methods of doing it, a couple are here: https://backpackerverse.com/walking-with-plantar-fasciitis/. That won't cure it of course, but it can provide some relief so you can get out there and hike.

Anybody ever deal with this annoying problem ? I've managed to make it through training for and running multiple marathons , 100 mile hikes ECT ECT in the past with no foot issues.

About 6 months ago , I decided to get back on a regular running regimen , and holy shit , I guess my foot couldn't take the stress of schlepping an extra 20 lbs of tub over my historic " fit " weight ( I was 220 lb 6 months ago , back to slightly over 200 now ). I've tried the night boot , stretching it , ice , resting for a week , I even resorted to a steroid shot a few weeks ago because I've got a long hike coming up an figured itd be impossible to do with the way it was. Shot was great at alleviating the pain , but its not a " cure " and just temporarily reduces the inflammation , its slowly coming back despite my efforts at rehab.

Anyone have any useful advice to help get over this condition?

Pilates.

The shoes mentioned and healing up are the way to go. But since you have that hike coming up you may want to try wrapping your foot. There's different methods of doing it, a couple are here: https://backpackerverse.com/walking-with-plantar-fasciitis/. That won't cure it of course, but it can provide some relief so you can get out there and hike.

Thanks ! I'll check it out. I can run on it fine at the moment . Been averaging around 40 miles a week , and its just now starting to get a little sore again . A little sore is ok for an hour run , but my hike is gonna be a little over 40 miles in 1 day , and little issues have a way of becoming disasters after a few hours .

It takes about a year to get over it.

Yeah I've had it really bad where it cracked. Here is what saved me....

1. Right when you wake up before letting foot hit ground use a water bottle and massage bottom of foot.
2. Buy good quality orthopedic socks.
3. Tennis and massage balls for feet (pressure point ones as well)
4. The right shoes ( Asics Gel Kayano worked best for me)
5. Soaking my feet in epsom salt and ice baths.
6. Avoid dead-lifts while doing treatment...

I think Dominick Cruz had that recently

Back