Plantar fasciitis

• Thread starter Deleted member 409801
  • Start date
Get on our knees on the floor.

Make sure your toes are dorsi flexed (toes dug into the floor)

Sit back onto your heels the best you can with as much weight as you can handle. Hold for time. Do a few sets.

You can use a mat or pillow under your knees. It will hurt like a son of a bitch, but it helped me when I had that issue. Gradually you will be able to put more and more weight onto your heels.

Insoles are not the solution.

For those who had this, has orthotics permanently healed your condition or does it simply reduce pain?
Regular massaging and stretching has reduced pain to the point it doesn't prevent me from doing anything, but the pain is still always there. I'd like to done with it for good. I developed it in the Army and made it worse with boxing training right after. A guy on youtube says he cured himself of it by massaging himself but it feels very difficult to consistently massage myself like that though.
Once I got a professional massage for my foot and calves and the pain was almost completely gone for a couple of days before it came back.

Mine has completely healed. I think what finally led to it resolving was a combo of

1) did 40+ mile hike in one day on it back in October. I'm convinced that beating the hell out of it actually helped it somehow . Via Breaking up scared tissue or what I don't know , but it did something.
2) Rested by doing zero weight bearing exercise for a few weeks after my hike.
3) got a pair of these
https://www.kurufootwear.com/

I had it for the better part of a year and from the sound of it and other peoples expeirences , got off pretty light.

Mine has completely healed. I think what finally led to it resolving was a combo of

1) did 40+ mile hike in one day on it back in October. I'm convinced that beating the hell out of it actually helped it somehow . Via Breaking up scared tissue or what I don't know , but it did something.
2) Rested by doing zero weight bearing exercise for a few weeks after my hike.
3) got a pair of these
https://www.kurufootwear.com/

I had it for the better part of a year and from the sound of it and other peoples expeirences , got off pretty light.

Interesting. I don't do a lot of hiking but I have run and walked a lot. And there's of course boxing training as well which I'm sure beat the hell out of my feet but there is no difference. I've had periods of not working out at all but that didn't seem to help much either. The pain is and was always the same regardless.
I don't particularly like the look of those shoes but if they have some specifically for plantar fasciitis, I might have to wear them anyway.

71dzKFxLDCL._SY355_.jpg

Tim Duncan had a debilitating case all season in 2006 that unfortunately peaked in the playoffs—and he played like a freakin god. An underrated display of toughness in nba history.

He dropped like 30 lbs over the next few years and never had the problem again. Wondering if dropping weight might help due to less stress on the feet.

I remember reading a article that talked about doing calf raises and calf stretches two to three times a week might help eleviate the symptoms
Of plantar fasciitis.

I got it pretty bad about 6 years ago, pain would never fully go away. It took nearly a year and a half for it to go away.

Back