Playerunknowns Battlegrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard it confirmed will be coming to ps4 probably second half 2018.

At the rate the PC version is taking, most likely 2030 some time.

The consoles versions will likely need their enhanced versions, IE - PS4 Pro or XboxOne X

I heard from the CAG Podcast that the game didn't look great on the XboxOne compared to the PC at E3.

Will Summit ever learn to not mess with best?

Last edited:
Will Summit ever learn to not mess with best?

There was a time that I believed Dana when he said that "Fedor wasn't the best..."

There was a time when I could not believe the prowess of GSP..

There was a time when I doubted the sheer athletic skill that encompassed Jon Jones.

There was a time that I thought that MM was just "Lucky."

There was a time that I doubted the speed, violence, and momentum, that is rolled up into the TWO TIME! TWO TIME! Blockbuster videogame champion...

I doubt no more.

<{Joewithit}>

Thanks to @pinger for helping me fix my quote.

Last edited:
There was a time that I believed Dana when he said that "Fedor wasn't the best..."

There was a time when I could not believe the prowess of GSP..

There was a time when I doubted the sheer athletic skill that encompassed Jon Jones.

There was a time that I thought that MM was just "Lucky."

There was a time that I doubted the speed, aggression, and precision, that is rolled up into the TWO TIME! TWO TIME! Blockbuster videogame champion...

I doubt no more.

<{Joewithit}>

Speed, violence, momentum

I just got this. I'm not very good. I consistently get to top thirty by avoiding other players, but die in combat. My reflexes are all off. Its incredibly fun.

In my first game I grenaded myself because that was all I had and someone chased me into a bathroom. I think I got the other guy too, though, because he came in to loot.

My favorite moment was in my third game. Someone tried to run me over. I shot at them and jumped in the water. Then I drowned because I couldn't figure out how to stay on the surface.

I just got this. I'm not very good. I consistently get to top thirty by avoiding other players, but die in combat. My reflexes are all off. Its incredibly fun.

In my first game I grenaded myself because that was all I had and someone chased me into a bathroom. I think I got the other guy too, though, because he came in to loot.

My favorite moment was in my third game. Someone tried to run me over. I shot at them and jumped in the water. Then I drowned because I couldn't figure out how to stay on the surface.

Keep at it, you pick up some 'game sense' about when to move, when to wait.

I've become quite an expert at running people over :D people assume they're safe when they're really not.

Keep at it, you pick up some 'game sense' about when to move, when to wait.

I've become quite an expert at running people over :D people assume they're safe when they're really not.
Is there a mode where I can just practice basic skills and the controls?

Or just play more?

Been playing since launch and it's starting to get stale. Hope the new map comes out next month since I've pretty much done everything on the current one (double digit wins on solo/duo/squad, looted every city, used every car, used every gun).

Need something fresh to keep the interest going. It's been out 7 months, time for something new !!

I just started playing and it's a fun game, but it pisses me off when I'm getting shot and I don't even know where it's coming from. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just started playing and it's a fun game, but it pisses me off when I'm getting shot and I don't even know where it's coming from. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
I have never played, but i would assume really good over ear headphopnes are an absolute must to guess direction of fire.

I have never played, but i would assume really good over ear headphopnes are an absolute must to guess direction of fire.

I have Astro a40s and I can hear it good, but it's hard to tell what direction.

I just started playing teams with randoms, and it's a totally different game. Much harder! Of course half the time my team doesn't speak or doesn't speak english, which doesn't help

drop at the school over and over every game for weeks to practice the three most important things, fast looting, escaping and close quarters combat. Long range and shit is best practiced in the mid 50/60 left game, if you have a suppresor, just waste ammo aiming at car tires and stuff,

if you can start to survive the school skirmishes and more often not, end up leaving the school with everybody else's loot, then you've graduated from School and are ready for the other cities.

Pochinki is great for the close-quarters/mid-range fights, squad games here are incredibly difficult because more often than not teams end up spread across the entire city and have to rendezvous as soon as possible. or a down away from your team usually means a quick ETL.

Military base is a good training ground for close quarters combat and long range due to how spread out the buildings are.

eventually you'll figure out if your best in CQC, Mid, or long range!

play play play and you'll start to win win win!

if in third person mode, just see where the blood spray hits your body, if you have the effects on medium-high, its noticable enough that it basically tells you exactly which direction someone is shooting from, just remember what direction you were facing when you were initially shot, i.e i was facing North and have a bullet hole on the back of my left arm... chances are they're shooting from S-SW of me.

I just started playing teams with randoms, and it's a totally different game. Much harder! Of course half the time my team doesn't speak or doesn't speak english, which doesn't help

it used to be a lot better when the playerbase wasn't crazy high. every team a couple months ago would all speak english and play with mic's.... now 80% of the time no one talks, or you get chinese guys who have their mic's always on, so you hear their entire household makign dinner and blasting the TV in the background... fuck that tilts me...

I usually just AFK if that happens. the "stereotypical chinese-server-mic-always-on-teammate" noise is probably the worst in the game, next to the buggy loop.

One thing I've been getting a kick out of is comparing stats between players. One thing I've noticed is that most highly ranked players use vehicles a lot, presumably to exploit the map. E.g., @Ruprecht is above average in OCE (2% winrate and rising is good!), but a buddy who is ranked top 100 in OCE (17-18% winrate) spends less time traveling on foot, but covers approximately twice as much ground - because of vehicles. He averages nearly 5 km per match in a vehicle.

But that's not the only way to play! Drdisrespect has a winrate comparable to my buddy, travels the same distance as ruprecht, but has an incredibly high kdr. (Of course drdisrespect has a lower elo than either, so he likely has a swingy performance reflecting his aggressive play, and that play mostly works at a lower competition level.

Of course, I'm just bullshitting while waiting for my new CPU to arrive so I can stop struggling with a toaster.

Last edited:
One thing I've been getting a kick out of is comparing stats between players. One thing I've noticed is that most highly ranked players use vehicles a lot, presumably to exploit the map. E.g., @Ruprecht is above average in OCE (2% winrate and rising is really good!), but a buddy who is ranked top 100 in OCE (17-18% winrate) spends less time traveling on foot, but covers approximately twice as much ground - because of vehicles. He averages nearly 5 km per match in a vehicle.

But that's not the only way to play! Drdisrespect has a winrate comparable to my buddy, travels the same distance as ruprecht, but has an incredibly high kdr. (Of course drdisrespect has a lower elo than either, so he likely has a swingy performance reflecting his aggressive play, and that play mostly works at a lower competition level.

Of course, I'm just bullshitting while waiting for my new CPU to arrive so I can stop struggling with a toaster.

Hah! I hadn't even looked at the stats recently. I don't remember them logging so much detail on distance travelled, headshots, vehicle kill, longest kill, etc. Maybe I was looking in the wrong spot.
Are they still resetting them every month or so? I thought I'd be above a 1:1 KDR by now, but apparently not. Looks like my top ten finishes and wins has been improving, but my max/total kills is actually down from last time I looked.
They'll take a dive now I've started playing squads, and FPP still isn't available in OC except in duos unfortunately (and only SEA and AS servers remain playable for me. Strangely AS is more playable than SEA, which makes no real sense at all).
Fairly steep learning curve on this game, or it might just be because it's been a while since I did any substantial amount of PC gaming (about 7 years). It's certainly made me look at upgrading my home PC from this rusty old Xeon X5460 and GTX 570 combo, that's for sure.
What CPU are you getting?

Hah! I hadn't even looked at the stats recently. I don't remember them logging so much detail on distance travelled, headshots, vehicle kill, longest kill, etc. Maybe I was looking in the wrong spot.
Are they still resetting them every month or so? I thought I'd be above a 1:1 KDR by now, but apparently not. Looks like my top ten finishes and wins has been improving, but my max/total kills is actually down from last time I looked.
They'll take a dive now I've started playing squads, and FPP still isn't available in OC except in duos unfortunately (and only SEA and AS servers remain playable for me. Strangely AS is more playable than SEA, which makes no real sense at all).
Fairly steep learning curve on this game, or it might just be because it's been a while since I did any substantial amount of PC gaming (about 7 years). It's certainly made me look at upgrading my home PC from this rusty old Xeon X5460 and GTX 570 combo, that's for sure.
What CPU are you getting?
I3-8350k. Arrived today, set everything up, still having some problems, but it loads windows so everything from here should be easy. I'm just using my buddy's "old" 1060 right now. Didn't feel like dropping 400-500 on a GPU just yet.

My old one was an amd build that was pretty close to yours in terms of juice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back