PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) Official Discussion, v8: Thieves and Hunters and Wombats! No Mans Sky!

Last of Us 2 trailer is bad @ss, still no gameplay though.

I think I'm the only person with zero interest in The Last of Us 2. The gameplay in the first game was pretty bad and the story was generic. Blows my mind how people call it the GOAT game. Uncharted was way better.

I think I'm the only person with zero interest in The Last of Us 2. The gameplay in the first game was pretty bad and the story was generic. Blows my mind how people call it the GOAT game. Uncharted was way better.

<{cruzshake}>

Urrr???

Unchartered (2007) vs The Last of Us (2017). Unchartered - their first foray into the action/adventure genre had better gameplay??? WTF?

<DontBelieve1>

I played every uncharted game and they are fun and all but I’ve played them all exactly one time each. Fun gameplay and entertaining story but once the story was told I had no urge to replay it. I’ve run through the last of us maybe half a dozen times beginning to end and could do it again tomorrow if I had the time. Extremely replayable and the story still gets me invested.

Urrr???

Unchartered (2007) vs The Last of Us (2017). Unchartered - their first foray into the action/adventure genre had better gameplay??? WTF?

<DontBelieve1>

I should have specified Uncharted 2-3. The stealth system in Last of Us was clunky and the survival aspects were half assed. Not even mentioning how the entire game seemed like a jump on the zombie bandwagon. TLOU wasn't made in 2017 by the way. Did you even play it? ND is still amazing though as UC2-3 are 2 of the best games ever made.

I should have specified Uncharted 2-3. The stealth system in Last of Us was clunky and the survival aspects were half assed. Not even mentioning how the entire game seemed like a jump on the zombie bandwagon. TLOU wasn't made in 2017 by the way. Did you even play it? ND is still amazing though as UC2-3 are 2 of the best games ever made.

Yes mistake shoulda been 2013 for TLOU.

Yes of course I played them. unchartered the entire series and then bought the updated pack and played it again before uncharted 4 came out. It's one of the games I wait for in anticipation. I've also completed TLOU multiple times in multiple difficulties.

You simply didn't get the stealth system or survival aspects of the game. It wasn't the game that was promised but it was still a great game with the best gaming story every created so far. Clunky? It's the same as UC 2-3 if not better. I used to play Joel as an assassin and my goal was to kill everyone without triggering an alert. Worked for almost every stages.

Yes mistake shoulda been 2013 for TLOU.

Yes of course I played them. unchartered the entire series and then bought the updated pack and played it again before uncharted 4 came out. It's one of the games I wait for in anticipation. I've also completed TLOU multiple times in multiple difficulties.

You simply didn't get the stealth system or survival aspects of the game. It wasn't the game that was promised but it was still a great game with the best gaming story every created so far. Clunky? It's the same as UC 2-3 if not better. I used to play Joel as an assassin and my goal was to kill everyone without triggering an alert. Worked for almost every stages.

What is there to "get" about the stealth or survival aspects? The story wasn't even the best of that year. It was a generic zombie story. I am sure you think TWD is the pinnacle of television as well. I'm not trying to be a contrarian but the praise this game gets blows my mind. It's average at best and similar style games like Spec Ops The Line blow it out of the water.

I played every uncharted game and they are fun and all but I’ve played them all exactly one time each. Fun gameplay and entertaining story but once the story was told I had no urge to replay it. I’ve run through the last of us maybe half a dozen times beginning to end and could do it again tomorrow if I had the time. Extremely replayable and the story still gets me invested.

Agreed. I'm in the middle of a last of us run using the hardest mode and it's brutal. Fighting more than one person is pretty much guaranteed death. I'm at the point where your friend just died and your running from the cops and the checkpoint is so far and so hard that I don't even know if I can make it.

What is there to "get" about the stealth or survival aspects? The story wasn't even the best of that year. It was a generic zombie story. I am sure you think TWD is the pinnacle of television as well. I'm not trying to be a contrarian but the praise this game gets blows my mind. It's average at best and similar style games like Spec Ops The Line blow it out of the water.

Your welcome to that opinion just understand that vast majority of the gaming community completely disagrees.

Which I get though I've always felt The Witcher 3 was trash and the story was trash and I never understood what happened to the team to go from the great writing in W2 to the lazy writing in W3. Most people wont agree with that opinion though they think W3 is the greatest game of all time.

Lol at thinking TLOU was about zombies.

Carry on

Your welcome to that opinion just understand that vast majority of the gaming community completely disagrees.

Which I get though I've always felt The Witcher 3 was trash and the story was trash and I never understood what happened to the team to go from the great writing in W2 to the lazy writing in W3. Most people wont agree with that opinion though they think W3 is the greatest game of all time.

I agree about The Witcher 3. The combat was terrible story wasn't anything special. I made it to Bloody Baron then quit.

Lol at thinking TLOU was about zombies.

Carry on

Okay it was about Joel losing his daughter and then connecting to Ellie. It would have been a lot better if Ellie was actually a likable character. It was just too generic and predictable. You want an amazing post apocalyptic game that came out the same year? Try Metro Last Light. That game blows last of us out of the water.

Dont know if anyone is interested but Horizon Zero Dawn is on Amazon and Best Buy for $19.99. I might get it at that price point. But my back log of games to play is reaching absurd levels

I've never purchased a game through PSN. I like having a hard copy. If I were to purchase a game through PSN would it still be playable on the PS5 whenever that releases, or would I lose it when I upgrade my console?

I can either buy a basic hard copy of a game, or buy it digital through PSN and get a bit of a discount as well as some additional content. The PSN route seems the way to go but I'm concerned I'll lose it once the PS5 rolls around.

Or does purchasing a game through PSN mean you have it for life, regardless of console (PS3 > PS4 > PS5.....)?

You'll have it for life. Whether it'll be backwards compatible is another story

You'll have it for life. Whether it'll be backwards compatible is another story

Theres rumors floating about that there very well could be PS4 BC on the PS4, but we probably won't officially know for another 12-18 months at least when the PS5's announced.
I've never purchased a game through PSN. I like having a hard copy. If I were to purchase a game through PSN would it still be playable on the PS5 whenever that releases, or would I lose it when I upgrade my console?

I can either buy a basic hard copy of a game, or buy it digital through PSN and get a bit of a discount as well as some additional content. The PSN route seems the way to go but I'm concerned I'll lose it once the PS5 rolls around.

Or does purchasing a game through PSN mean you have it for life, regardless of console (PS3 > PS4 > PS5.....)?

Its yours for life unless you get your account banned.

You will still keep it for the ps4, though it will not be compatible with the 5, but the disc probably would not be compatible either.

Bought a brand new PS4 Pro today from Target for hella cheap due to a coupon glitch. I was able to apply multiple 15% off coupons and ended up paying $180 after tax lol.

Picked it up first thing this morning in case they picked up on it and tried to cancel the order.

Back