Please Help Me Understand...

WaylonMercy5150

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What the hell is respectable about CM Punk fighting in the UFC? Following his dreams? Wanting to prove himself? Looking for a payday like a crazy person?

People respect it because he could have made as much money (and likely much more) by sticking to pro wrestling. But he gave that up to pursue a dream. Mostly people, if they already have a job that pays them a shitload of money and that they're good at, wouldn't leave it to pursue a dream. Especially if that dream presents a very hard road to success that involves getting your ass kicked over and over again.

People respect it because he could have made as much if not more money by sticking to pro wrestling. But he gave that up to pursue a dream. Mostly people, if they have a job that pays them a shitload of money and that they're good at, wouldn't leave it to pursue a dream. Especially if a dream that is difficult and physically dangerous.
But what value is pursuing your dream at extreme risk to your health? I get paid jack shit and would fight just about anyone for 500k. What dream is that? He was looking for a cash grab. Sonofabitch!!!!

There's nothing respectable about it. If he really wanted to fight in the UFC he should have earned it. Instead he embarrassed himself. It's a fucking trainwreck.

There's nothing respectable about it. If he really wanted to fight in the UFC he should have earned it. Instead he embarrassed himself. It's a fucking trainwreck.
100%. Why would anyone try and say he "lived his dreams respect him"? Fuck CM

Last time I checked, the UFC is in the money making business.

And having CM Punk fight is making them money.

But what value is pursuing your dream at extreme risk to your health? I get paid jack shit and would fight just about anyone for 500k. What dream is that? He was looking for a cash grab. Sonofabitch!!!!

I think you missed the point of what I wrote. Of course YOU (and most Sherdoggers) would fight in the UFC for $500k, but that's because that's way more money than you already make, or could conceivably make doing anything else. But $500k is NOT more money than Punk made, or could have made, doing something other than fighting. He could have made more than that sticking to wrestling. He could have used his celebrity to do other things, probably get a stupid reality show or something, and make $500k and that wouldn't involve getting beat up in the gym every day.

I think you missed the point of what I wrote. Of course YOU (and most Sherdoggers) would fight in the UFC for $500k, but that's because that's way more money than you already make, or could conceivably make doing anything else. But $500k is NOT more money than Punk made, or could have made, doing something other than fighting. He could have made more than that sticking to wrestling. He could have used his celebrity to do other things, probably get a stupid reality show or something, and make $500k and that wouldn't involve getting beat up in the gym every day.
#1 He did a reality show after. #2 How does that no explain a cash grab

#1 He did a reality show after. #2 How does that no explain a cash grab
The reality show was for charity, Rex's point stands. And he explained it so well. I don't understand how you can even try to argue with him.

Roids, drugs, PED's aside. Jones has really good fight instinct and IQ, amazing skill set.

Still cheats though.

People respect it because he could have made as much money (and likely much more) by sticking to pro wrestling. But he gave that up to pursue a dream. Mostly people, if they already have a job that pays them a shitload of money and that they're good at, wouldn't leave it to pursue a dream. Especially if that dream presents a very hard road to success that involves getting your ass kicked over and over again.

I don't think that's what happened at all. He was very unhappy with pro wrestling and that's why he stopped. He didn't like how the company was treating him.

The reality show was for charity, Rex's point stands. And he explained it so well. I don't understand how you can even try to argue with him.
So some piece of shit delusional celebrity can got and get his ass kicked for 500k and I'm suppose to respect and appreciate him? LOL

100%. Why would anyone try and say he "lived his dreams respect him"? Fuck CM
Because that self help industry = millions. He plays that "follow your dreams. Don't let people say you can't do anything" card and weak-minded nerds eat that shit up. It's exactly the same sort of shit Ronda was trying to do when she was on Ellen and talking about women equality. You better believe if punk or Ronda won they'd be making a documentary/biopic about it.

It's as simple as that.

So some piece of shit delusional celebrity can got and get his ass kicked for 500k and I'm suppose to respect and appreciate him? LOL
I am not saying you should respect him, not sure why he is a piece of shit, but you asked to be helped in understanding something and Rex did that in spades. And you sit here and argue it. Agree or not and move on. Or present this thread as what it is, an argument, not an information gathering thread.

I am not saying you should respect him, not sure why he is a piece of shit, but you asked to be helped in understanding something and Rex did that in spades. And you sit here and argue it. Agree or not and move on. Or present this thread as what it is, an argument, not an information gathering thread.
The thread is why you should respect him. He is ultimate money grab loser bum

Because that self help industry = millions. He plays that "follow your dreams. Don't let people say you can't do anything" card and weak-minded nerds eat that shit up. It's exactly the same sort of shit Ronda was trying to do when she was on Ellen and talking about women equality. You better believe if punk or Ronda won they'd be making a documentary/biopic about it.

It's as simple as that.
Ronda is mucho better than CM. CM never trained and took a beating for 500k.

The thread is why you should respect him. He is ultimate money grab loser bum
You don't get it. If that were true, he would go to the WWE. The money is better for him and the risk is less. There has to be more to the story than that.

How about a case study?

The following aren't stars:
  • Max Holloway
  • Mighty Mouse
  • Stipe Miocic
  • Daniel Cormier
The following people are stars:
  • Paige Vanzant
  • Francis Ngannou
  • CM Punk
  • Donald Cerrone
Let these lists sink in. Can we finally accept that talent and stardom are two extremely different things?
But the three other stars you mentioned can fight CM can't. There are a lot of washed up celebs that would get murked for 500k

Ronda is mucho better than CM. CM never trained and took a beating for 500k.
Without doubt. But both had those high level managers that look at things from a bunch of different angles. Got to plant those seeds.

"believe in yourself and you can achieve anything!" - Punk.

Punk had no business in there. A D-level athlete. I have no doubt 90% of sherdoggers with over a year of training would have performed better than him.

Back