PLEASE let Fedor beat Mir so we get Fedor vs. Sonnen

If sonnen beats fedor I’ll probably throw up n stop watching mma for a long time

Cuz I think Shogun is special, and Sonnen is a garbage at any stages in their careers
When people consider the flukiest wins of all time, they usually point to some real odd event, such as Matt Hughes accidently powerbombing Carlos Newton out cold while he himself was already unconcious.

In the case of Sonnen/Shogun, Sonnen came out the favorite, then dominated from the literal first 3 seconds of the fight with a takedown. The only two points Shogun was able to stand up was when Sonnen attempted the guillotine, first at 4:00, then a second time at 0:31. The second time however didn’t work for Shogun, as Sonnen sat down on that guillotine and got the submission.

From my perspective it’s one of the most straight forward, unflukey wins you can point to. Just a simple win from the better fighter on that night.

When people consider the flukiest wins of all time, they usually point to some real odd event, such as Matt Hughes accidently powerbombing Carlos Newton out cold while he himself was already unconcious.

In the case of Sonnen/Shogun, Sonnen came out the favorite, then dominated from the literal first 3 seconds of the fight with a takedown. The only two points Shogun was able to stand up was when Sonnen attempted the guillotine, first at 4:00, then a second time at 0:31. The second time however didn’t work for Shogun, as Sonnen sat down on that guillotine and got the submission.

From my perspective it’s one of the most straight forward, unflukey wins you can point to. Just a simple win from the better fighter on that night.

No, it's a fluke win. Sonnen took Rua down, oh boy didn't see that one coming. Just a take down, big deal. Only thing Sonnen has.

I think even Sonnen knows that.

No, it's a fluke win. Sonnen took Rua down, oh boy didn't see that one coming. Just a take down, big deal. Only thing Sonnen has.

I think even Sonnen knows that.

Sonnen as more than just a takedown. He trains BJJ regularly and is a legit purple belt. He has very good guard passing and top control on top of olympic qualifier level wrestling. Hes also very tough...

Easily passed Shoguns guard...

Sonnen as more than just a takedown. He trains BJJ regularly and is a legit purple belt. He has very good guard passing and top control on top of olympic qualifier level wrestling. Hes also very tough...

Easily passed Shoguns guard...

And Sonnen had also submitted Brian Stann 1 or 2 wins before, plus Shogun has been caught not protecting his neck when standing before.

giphy.gif

And Sonnen had also submitted Brian Stann 1 or 2 wins before, plus Shogun has been caught not protecting his neck when standing before.

giphy.gif

Brian Stann is like not even good enough to be called a gate keeper tho

Brian Stann is like not even good enough to be called a gate keeper tho
Still shows Sonnen had submission ability. Plus Shogun was falling towards gate keeper status when Sonnen beat him anyway.

Last edited:
Back