Poirier learned his lesson from the first fight

Eddie is a brawler with power, dangerous but diligent strikers walk through him

I think Dustin takes it.

Eddie on the other hand seems to be the same as always. He's going in ready to get the shit beaten out of him until he lands one of his miracle shots.

With Eddie's skillset and dustin's chin and his habit of being drawn Into brawls, I think that's actually a logical game plan by Alvarez.

With Eddie's skillset and dustin's chin and his habit of being drawn Into brawls, I think that's actually a logical game plan by Alvarez.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it I suppose...still it's a gamble. If Dustin learned his lesson then that game plan will bite him in the ass.

Yeah, I don't order many fights anymore but I will definitely watch this one if I'm not at work. Both guys have so much to gain and so much to lose. It should be great for however long it lasts.
Isn't it Fo Free on Fox though?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it I suppose...still it's a gamble. If Dustin learned his lesson then that game plan will bite him in the ass.

Yeah. I hope Alvarez throws more kicks. The guy kicks like a fucking mule, but throws them so sparsely. Such a waste of a very powerful weapon.

I also think Eddie was still getting his shit together from the Conor kO when he first fought Dustin. I don't think that was the best Eddie has to offer .

If Eddie gets out of the first round, Dustin is fucked.

Bet the under on this one.

1:50
Dustin acknowledges that he got greedy and left him self open instead of intelligently picking Eddie apart until the finish came naturally. Plans to fight smart and not get sloppy. Recognizes his stylistic advantages over Eddie.

Eddie on the other hand seems to be the same as always. He's going in ready to get the shit beaten out of him until he lands one of his miracle shots.

You are really showing your bias in this post .

Dustin landed his miracle shot he needed to beat Eddie, it still didn't work. In a 5 round fight Dustin is gonna need a finish before the 3rd ends. No way is he surviving championship rounds with Eddie, he's not built like that.

Yeah. I hope Alvarez throws more kicks. The guy kicks like a fucking mule, but throws them so sparsely. Such a waste of a very powerful weapon.

I also think Eddie was still getting his shit together from the Conor kO when he first fought Dustin. I don't think that was the best Eddie has to offer .
Eddie has hardcore tunnel vision. When he gets hit hard once he gets stuck in brawler mode. Always been the case.

He had some good knees against Geathje but I doubt that Dustin will be as lazy in the clinch. Kicks would be a good way to keep Dustin passive for sure.

I feel like Eddie is kinda stuck in his ways but we'll have to see. I would be interested to see Eddie break his normal formula

Dustin will take care of business probably finish by R3. He is the better fighter, although I find both fighters scrappy and entertaining.
Definitely not the better fighter overall. He matches up well. . But eddie is far more well rounded

You are really showing your bias in this post .

Dustin landed his miracle shot he needed to beat Eddie, it still didn't work. In a 5 round fight Dustin is gonna need a finish before the 3rd ends. No way is he surviving championship rounds with Eddie, he's not built like that.
Lol shut the fuck dude.

Dustin was handling Eddie for a round and a half with no issue. You're the only one who sees it differently.

Eddie landed his lucky shot and fucked up his chance. We'll see if he gets lucky again.

The weight cut beat RDA more than Alvarez did, he could not make 155 and almost died before one of his last fights at 155.
Eddie is bigger than RDA and cuts more weight. Terrible excuse. Also Eddie's fist on RDAs chin is that happened. RDA looked great before getting hit. He didn't magically collapse from dehydration

Only problem with Poirier is his shitty chin.

Other than that I think he beats Eduardo

Rooting for Dustin. Have never been a big Alvarez fan and I thought he was ducking the rematch for some reason. It's gonna be a good one and hope Poirier whoops ass and makes us all forget about that first fight.

Eddie is bigger than RDA and cuts more weight. Terrible excuse. Also Eddie's fist on RDAs chin is that happened. RDA looked great before getting hit. He didn't magically collapse from dehydration
Yes because everyone's body is the same
{<huh}
RDA got clipped and could not recover. I don't blame the cut for that loss. Just Eddie doing what he usually does when he's in a bad spot.

However, Eddie cutting more weight is irrelevant to how bad RDA's cut is.

Lol shut the fuck dude.

Dustin was handling Eddie for a round and a half with no issue. You're the only one who sees it differently.

Eddie landed his lucky shot and fucked up his chance. We'll see if he gets lucky again.
Nah I won't nerd,

And you've already admitted your bias later on.

Rd 1 was close but edge dustin
Rd2 eddie was clearly winning before getting rocked, dustin had a 45 second window where he had Eddie hurt and couldn't finish, then Eddie took over again.

Dustin quit. We all saw that. You won't admit it but you know it

RDA was a world beater at 155 for awhile, but then the weight cut became too much as he got older and he had to move up to 170. The quality of RDA's last few fights at 155 measurably dropped off and if you don't think that a hard weight cuts effects performance, you know very little about the sport.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/1/...th-experience-disturbing-truth-weight-cutting

Nah I won't nerd,

And you've already admitted your bias later on.

Rd 1 was close but edge dustin
Rd2 eddie was clearly winning before getting rocked, dustin had a 45 second window where he had Eddie hurt and couldn't finish, then Eddie took over again.

Dustin quit. We all saw that. You won't admit it but you know it
Lol almost everyone disagrees with you.

Eddie's tough but thats the only edge he has over Dustin. Dustin is a better striker and had no trouble battering your boyfriend.

Enjoy those rose tinted glasses. The human punching bag will notice you one day.

Come back when your boy doesn't need to cheat to get a win

Either man can win but I give Poirier the edge. Dustin can win by fighting a smart fight, Eddie needs Dustin to make a mistake to win.

Poirier should learn from the first fight that he has a clear advantage when boxing and controlling distance, he has the tools to do so and should be able to keep it at that range if he sticks to his game plan.

Eddie has power and heart, Dustin is the more technical fighter and enjoys several advantages: speed, height, reach, technique.

Should be a great fight. Can't wait to watch. I feel like this is one of those matchups where if these guys fought five times it could potentially be fight of the night every time.

Back