Poirier vs Alvarez 2, who ya got?

I'd flip a coin. the fight makes sense right now tho. hopefully it happens

I think Eddie takes him 4 out of 5 times

Poirier. Wonder why Alvarez was avoiding the match up before.

I'd pick Alvarez again. He knocked Poirier silly the first time, and that was his first fight back after being embarrassed by Conor. I think Alvarez at his best smashes Dustin.

Alvarez. Fight would be a war with Eddie getting a late stoppage I think.

Dustin unless Eddie cheats again and gets away with it. :)

I do like Eddie as well. But I'm a bigger fan of Dustin.

So Alvarez didn't break him?

Eddie was losing that fight and hit him with an illegal knee. Where in that fight was Dustin "broken"?

Also how is Eddie going to break Dustin considering what we saw Dustin do to Justin on Saturday? He isn't that kind of fighter.

I'd pick Alvarez again. He knocked Poirier silly the first time, and that was his first fight back after being embarrassed by Conor. I think Alvarez at his best smashes Dustin.

They knocked each other silly. That illegal knee doesnt count for much, Poirier didn't make the rules. You aren't likely going to anticipate strikes from positions where you know them to be illegal, that probably should have been a DQ for Alvarez.

I think Poirier is a tough matchup for Alvarez, he's bigger and probably too savvy of a grappler to get grinded on by Eddie or even really give Eddie much to mix up. Poiriers cardio which has always been one of Alvarez's greatest weapons can hang with Eddie's too. Alvarez has a bad habit of brawling and that's where Poirier is best, in the pocket his strikes are super tight and accurate (that's where he really picked apart guys like Duffy and Bobby, slick strikers in their own regard). Alvarez and Eddie match up well together, it's a coin toss. Poirier is young but neither of their chins are great and they take a lot of damage.

Back