Poirier vs Alvarez 2, who ya got?

I think Eddie is going to use his head a lot better after their first encounter, so I"m going with Eddie. Hard to say if he would have fully lost or pulled out a miracle win in the end on their last outing, but I can't bet against Eddie.

images

People seem to have very poor memories of this fight. Here is the ending sequence.

Probably same as the first: poirier outclassing alvaro on the feet, making him look foolish. His mistake is that he went fishing for the finish and got sloppy; alvaro was on the brink of getting ko'd, he threw a desperation shot, and it landed. If poirier had remained more composed, that wouldn't have happened. I'd expect him to be more surgical next time: don't give eddy the chance to land that, just pick him apart.

Eddie was losing that fight and hit him with an illegal knee. Where in that fight was Dustin "broken"?

Also how is Eddie going to break Dustin considering what we saw Dustin do to Justin on Saturday? He isn't that kind of fighter.
You do know that Dustin has been stopped by punches several times in his career, right? You do know that Eddie beat Justin much more convincingly than Dustin did, right?

Eddie had him gassed and rocked way before the illegal knee. He broke him because Dustin used that opportunity as a reason to stop fighting. The knee obviously hurt but it was unintentionally illegal. Yes it opened a cut but it wasn't concussive and he could have fought on. Eddie didn't quit when he was rocked, Dustin did.

Poirier is 29 and Eddie 34.
Poirier will be improved and Eddie declined. That easy

Tough to call, the first fight went back and forth, and judging by both guys war with gaethje this one would be another war to the finish. It's a tossup for me, Eddie's looked good lately but I can't forget the egg he laid in the Conor fight, poirier has looked good since moving up and growing hair, but at the same time his chins been cracked a couple times. Fuck it I'll go with Alvarez, tho I'm cheering for both.

I think Poirier can keep things tighter than he did last time, not get sloppy and rocked and take a UD or possibly late TKO.

You do know that Dustin has been stopped by punches several times in his career, right? You do know that Eddie beat Justin much more convincingly than Dustin did, right?

How are either of these topics relevant to Dustin having heart or quitting?

Eddie had him gassed and rocked way before the illegal knee. He broke him because Dustin used that opportunity as a reason to stop fighting. The knee obviously hurt but it was unintentionally illegal. Yes it opened a cut but it wasn't concussive and he could have fought on. Eddie didn't quit when he was rocked, Dustin did.

I posted the last part of the fight in this thread. I have no idea where you are seeing Dustin gassed or rocked. Again where is your evidence that he wanted to stop fighting? I believe what he said happened was they asked him if he could see and he answered honestly that his vision was blurry. That seems all the more likely considering how badly Dustin was fouled against Justin but just kept on fighting not even complaining or taking a break.

You can assume that the knee was unintentionally illegal but you have no real evidence for it. Eddie sounded pretty suspect in the post fight interview when he said "Dustin was doing a real good job and I was trying to do everything I could to win the fight".

Dustin was hit with illegal knees and he wasn't the one who stopped the fight. Assuming he quit is really dumb.

Coin toss for me. I hope they make the rematch for a title.

Really? I thought Dustin won more convincingly, besides the legkicks Gaethje didn't do much.

How are either of these topics relevant to Dustin having heart or quitting?

I posted the last part of the fight in this thread. I have no idea where you are seeing Dustin gassed or rocked. Again where is your evidence that he wanted to stop fighting? I believe what he said happened was they asked him if he could see and he answered honestly that his vision was blurry. That seems all the more likely considering how badly Dustin was fouled against Justin but just kept on fighting not even complaining or taking a break.

You can assume that the knee was unintentionally illegal but you have no real evidence for it. Eddie sounded pretty suspect in the post fight interview when he said "Dustin was doing a real good job and I was trying to do everything I could to win the fight".

Dustin was hit with illegal knees and he wasn't the one who stopped the fight. Assuming he quit is really dumb.

Agree with you entirely.
Sometimes people write narratives in their own heads about how they wanted things to go, regardless of what the facts actually point to. During that fight, alvarez had very little success doing anything; poirier was putting on a phenomenal striking display and he hurt edy multiple times. To alvarez's credit, he kept swinging for the fences while he was on the verge of getting knocked down, and poirier should have probably been a bit more methodical. The sequence that led to the end of the fight was alvarez getting a takedown then following it up with some of the most blatant illegal knees in recent memory.

Eddie was losing that fight and hit him with an illegal knee. Where in that fight was Dustin "broken"?

Also how is Eddie going to break Dustin considering what we saw Dustin do to Justin on Saturday? He isn't that kind of fighter.
Actually the tide was turning immensely for Alvarez then he knee'd him illegally cause Poirier was hurt and took advantage of the rules by putting his hand on the mat knowing he could stand himself up..

Poirier almost quit against Justin.

Back