Pokémon Discussion volume 9

Tyrannosaurus rex

GrizzlyTitan
@red
Reaction score
pokemon-sun-moon-logo.jpg

Pokémon Sun & Pokemon Moon have been announced for release later this year.
It's confirmed that there will be more than 10 new Pokémon in this game, but that's all the info we have right now.
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon/

Here's the newest Pokémon Magearna:
250px-Magearna_XY_anime.png

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magearna_(Pokémon)

Friendcodes
Since the last Pokémon threads were all deleted, the list with Friendcodes is also gone. If anyone still has the list, you can let me know and I'll add it to the OP.

If someone wants to have their Friendcode added in the OP, just let me know. We can make a new list if the old one is definately gone.

Here's a few events that are currently live. There may not be a lot of chances to get those event Pokémon, so if you want them, now's the chance.
Pretty much evere event Pokémon will be distributed this year, so keep an eye out for information on when, how and where to receive these Pokémon if you want to get them.

Jirachi
jirachievent.jpg

For those of you in Europe & Australia, the Jirachi event is now available on Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire games. This event is available through Mystery Gift > Receive Gift > Get Via Internet and gives you the Mythical Pokémon Jirachi, which can't be found in the wild. This event is only running through to April 24th so get while you can. It'll be added on North American games later today. Our Event Database has been updated with full details of this event.
Edit: It's live in North America

http://serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/wifievents.shtml

Hoopa
hoopaevent.jpg

For those of you in Europe, a new Serial Code event has begun. This event gives you a second chance to get Hoopa if you didn't previously get it on your X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire game. From now until April 30th, if you enter the serial code HOOPA2016, you will get this Mythical Pokémon. This is a very limited gift so get it while you can.

http://serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/serialcode.shtml

Legendary Birds
zapdosevent.jpg

For those of you in the US, it has been confirmed that the Legendary Birds of Articuno, Zapdos & Moltres are to be given with their Hidden Abilities of Snow Cloak, Static and Flame Body will be distributed through the Pokémon Trainer Club Newsletter during May. This is the only way to get these birds.You need to sign up for it on the official site by April 22nd to receive the newsletter
It's also confirmed that the birds will be distributed via Serial Code at GAME stores in Spain
Edit @ 18:14: It is also confirmed that all European countries including Germany and France, will also receive Serial Codes for the Hidden Ability birds in the newsletter

For those of you in the UK & Ireland, the Legendary Bird distrubtion of Articuno, Zapdos & Moltres with their Hidden Abilities of Snow Cloak, Static and Flame Body at Smyths Toy Stores is due to end on Monday. This event is a serial code event where you get a random code for each of the Pokémon. If you miss this event, then you will get another chance with the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter next month

I've never played pokeman.
Such a big game, long running too.
I'm a gamer but never played it.

From what I understand it's about raising, and fighting your best monsters vs other monsters.

I have a uncle who is dead now who fought dogs.
I use to feed them and give them water way back in my teens.

Is pokeman like this?

I've never played pokeman.
Such a big game, long running too.
I'm a gamer but never played it.

From what I understand it's about raising, and fighting your best monsters vs other monsters.

I have a uncle who is dead now who fought dogs.
I use to feed them and give them water way back in my teens.

Is pokeman like this?
You do fight against others in the game. Nobody dies though. Not a very violent game at all.

You do fight against others in the game. Nobody dies though. Not a very violent game at all.

What would you propose as a good introductory game to this universe.

I have ipad and iphone.

Is there a game you suggest?

What would you propose as a good introductory game to this universe.

I have ipad and iphone.

Is there a game you suggest?
None of the main games are available on Iphone or Ipad. Only on Nintendo handheld consoles.

You may be able to get Pokemon shuffle or something on your phone, but that's really just a candy crush like game but with Pokemon icons or something. If you want to play one of the main games, you may want to look into getting a (New) Nintendo 3DS XL. Or if you don't want to do that just yet, maybe get an emulator to play it on your PC. But I 'm afraid I can't help you with that, since I don't play on emulators.

None of the main games are available on Iphone or Ipad. Only on Nintendo handheld consoles.

You may be able to get Pokemon shuffle or something on your phone, but that's really just a candy crush like game but with Pokemon icons or something. If you want to play one of the main games, you may want to look into getting a (New) Nintendo 3DS XL. Or if you don't want to do that just yet, maybe get an emulator to play it on your PC. But I 'm afraid I can't help you with that, since I don't play on emulators.

Thank you, friend.

For those in Japan, the Shiny Ho-oh event has been extended.

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Ho-Oh Event

Currently in Japan, an event is being held to celebrate the opening of the Pokémon Center in Kyoto. This event offers the distribution of a shiny Ho-Oh and can be downloaded at all Pokémon Centers in Japan. This event was due to end at the end of next week, on April 24th, but due to popular demand, the event has actually been extended until May 8th giving more chance to get the Pokémon. This event has been covered in full in our Event Database so click the image to go to the database
http://serebii.net/

Darkrai event going live soon.
Pokémon - Darkrai Gift

As was announced earlier this year, each month there are to be special distributions for the Mythical Pokémon each month and May's distribution is Darkrai. Unlike the past two, Darkrai is to be distributed in stores, but only Gamestop for the US and EBGames for Canada had been confirmed. Now, the European distributions are starting to be unveiled. In the Netherlands, you'll be able to get codes for Darkrai in GameMania. In Belgium, you'll be able to get the codes from GameMania or FNAC stores. In Sweden & Norway, it'll be distributed at BR Stores. In Italy, you'll be able to get the codes for Darkrai from Gamestop. All distributions run from from May 1st to May 24th. When more are announced for the rest of Europe, they'll be posted so keep checking back

Couple of new events.

Pokémon - Zygarde Distribution
zygardeevent.jpg

For those of you in Europe, a special gift is now available over the Nintendo Network. This gift gives you the Legendary Pokémon, Zygarde. This Zygarde matches the event distributed in Japan last year and in Korea earlier this year and doesn't have any special moves. It's not currently known how long this event will run, or if it will be in North America. We'll provide more distribution details as they come so keep checking back
Edit: It's now live in North America

Pokémon - Shiny Yveltal Distribution
yveltalevent.jpg

The Shiny Yveltal event has been announced for Spain. At the Salón del Cómic de Barcelona festival from May 5th through May 8th, the Shiny Yveltal event will be distributed to all people via a Serial Code. This is the first distribution of this Pokémon outside of Japan and South Korea. We'll provide more distribution details as they come so keep checking back

No monsters die, but let's be real. The losers at minimum get concussed as fuck, and the winners at maximum don't get concussed. They all get captured from freedom and forced into slave fighting with little to no interaction/affection from their owner. It's completely fucked up.

Sun/Moon is a day 1 buy, though.

I suggest everyone subscribe the Pokémon's official Youtube channel, there's going to be some new info about Sun/Moon tomorrow.

We haven't had a first-stage dual-type starter since Bulbasaur. Too bad it's another grass starter that has a 4x weakness (Torterra, Chesnaught). Still, if the stats and movepool are decent, I may be inclined to pick that little owl.

Also, I like that the protagonist is taller in the overworld. It's weird to see a running bobblehead in the overworld (XY / ORAS).

At the moment I'm team fire kitty all the way. If they show the owl evolves into something cool it may change my mind. I think we can all agree that the seal looks stupid as fuck though.

Also conflicted on the box legendaries. Both look so awesome!

Biggest thing for me, looks like trainer customization is coming back!

At the moment I'm team fire kitty all the way. If they show the owl evolves into something cool it may change my mind. I think we can all agree that the seal looks stupid as fuck though.

Also conflicted on the box legendaries. Both look so awesome!

Biggest thing for me, looks like trainer customization is coming back!

So what do you think will be the types for the final evolutions of the starters? Maybe Fire/Dark for the cat and probably pure Water for the seal.

How about the legendaries? I feel Fire/Fairy for the lion and maybe Ghost/Flying for the bat.

They need to make a generation where the Grass starter is clearly the best. First thing is trying to mitigate of all those weakness. Make it fast with high ATK and/or SpATK or make it Grass/Rock or something.

That seal better evolve into something awesome. I really like the other two.

...and both legendaries are killer.

Damn, interesting batch of new information.

I like the designs of the new legends, but I'd have prefered it if they didn't make a fire lion, since we just had Pyroar.

Starters look decent as well. So far, I'm going for the owl.

Back