Police lose track of 485 registered sex offenders across Britain

Do you understand how ridiculous it is to talk about a relatively tiny number of women and children potentially being abused because police fail to do their job?
Yeah, sexual assault is end of the line shit. Its damage goes far beyond that done to the victims and can lead to generational problems.

Sorry the U.S. isn't like this.

Nope, and it will never be. I'd say that's a beneficial, if unintended consequence of your 2nd amendment.

I’m jokingly saying Mass police aren’t doing it cause they want immigrant votes from Ireland (cause historically Boston was full of newly landed Irish) the same way liberal political hacks pander to special interest groups for jokes.

As to the topic.... it’s a case of a police force stretched too thin either from lack of funding or personnel being put in the wrong work fields or old technology.

Seriously, some of my county’s computers in the jail are those old white towers that you could find everywhere in the late 90s

Funding. Bottom line. Not tough talk about drug dealers getting the death penalty but actual funds allocated to the cause.

It's the same with the infrastructure plan....Trump made a mandate and allocated no federal funds to help states. NO FUNDING.

But tax cuts for the most wealthy and letting wall street fucks off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist....Republican voters can suck my balls.

I don't know if it's like this in parts of Europe or not but my county jail was built to hold 154 people... It has close to 350 in it right now.

It was so bad two weekends ago that starting mid-day Saturday anyone that DIDN'T have an A or B class felony (think like Murder/Rape for A class or high end brutal assaults for B class) were simply booked and released basically with a date to appear in court.
A (not so little known) secret in Everett is, tell them youre on heroin and they wont even book you. Because they cant deal with someone going through withdrawals (and they damn sure wont be helping you detox)

In the interest of fairness and balance: there are some very good UK police officers. Brave men and women willing risk their careers and their very lives to protect law abiding citizens.

Unfortunately, they are part of a rapidly shrinking minority.

Funding. Bottom line. Not tough talk about drug dealers getting the death penalty but actual funds allocated to the cause.

It's the same with the infrastructure plan....Trump made a mandate and allocated no federal funds to
There's a problem at the local level too.

Our county voted for a tax increase to build a new jail and new work center.

All we got was a work center... and now they want another tax increase for a new jail.

Let's just say that it's been on the ballot the last 3 go rounds and I think support for it each time has gotten less.

A (not so little known) secret in Everett is, tell them youre on heroin and they wont even book you. Because they cant deal with someone going through withdrawals (and they damn sure wont be helping you detox)
Seriously?

Damn. Even where I am they'll book people coming down. That said outside of being in a padded cell with nothing in it that they could hurt themselves with there isn't much done for them.

Add to that that ones that are REALLY bad get sent to the hospital and then get another charge of Assault 3 for usually spitting on hospital staff or punching them out and shit.

Now, maybe it's a non-US thing but where I live... when sex offenders are released and return to living on their own essentially every damn school in a 10 mile radius gets a printout on them.

Egregious cases of sexual assault, and any cases of rape/child molestation should result in the perpetrator being tortured for a couple weeks, then put down. Simple as that.

Now, maybe it's a non-US thing but where I live... when sex offenders are released and return to living on their own essentially every damn school in a 10 mile radius gets a printout on them.
Which means that schools directors know who they are, but if a pervert is watching your kid in the park you don't know who he is.
Data protection acts protects perpetrators more than actual or potential victims in Europe.

Which means that schools directors know who they are, but if a pervert is watching your kid in the park you don't know who he is.
Data protection acts protects perpetrators more than actual or potential victims in Europe.
See in the US you get a pamphlet in your mailbox saying a recently released sex offender has relocated to your area.

In the interest of fairness and balance: there are some very good UK police officers. Brave men and women willing risk their careers and their very lives to protect law abiding citizens.

Unfortunately, they are part of a rapidly shrinking minority.
Yeah, I get that, and of course you're right.

At the same time the decades long cover-up of various grooming gang crimes, this instance of losing track of sex offenders, and the keystone cops like blunders in prosecuting pedo rings give me a pessimistic view of them as a whole. They seem to have a history of fucking up in pursuit of sex offenders.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westminster_paedophiledossier

"A dossier on paedophiles allegedly associated with the British government was assembled by the British Member of Parliament, Geoffrey Dickens, who handed it to the then Home Secretary, Leon Brittan, in 1984. The whereabouts of the dossier is unknown, along with other files on organised child abuse that had been held by the Home Office.[1]"

Wtf is it with the UK and rapists? There always seems to be some fuckery involved. But I bet most countries are also like that and so are big organizations like the Catholic Church. There are too many sick people out there and we need to start executing more of them.

Yeah, I get that, and of course you're right.

At the same time the decades long cover-up of various grooming gang crimes, this instance of losing track of sex offenders, and the keystone cops like blunders in prosecuting pedo rings give me a pessimistic view of them as a whole. They seem to have a history of fucking up in pursuit of sex offenders.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westminster_paedophiledossier

"A dossier on paedophiles allegedly associated with the British government was assembled by the British Member of Parliament, Geoffrey Dickens, who handed it to the then Home Secretary, Leon Brittan, in 1984. The whereabouts of the dossier is unknown, along with other files on organised child abuse that had been held by the Home Office.[1]"

Yup. This has been going on for decades in every part of society at every level, from working class to the political and social elite. The idea that the UK has been some paradise for kids for decades and this is some new problem brought on by immigration simply doesn't jive with the facts, and only brought up to bash immigrants, because people are tribal and it's easy to rile people up. Nobody cared about kids being abused/raped until brown people did it.

That said the muslim community is the biggest source of current issues, for various reasons. But it's not the Malay and Indonesians doing it, so again diagnosing it as a religious issue is too simplistic.

See in the US you get a pamphlet in your mailbox saying a recently released sex offender has relocated to your area.

I'm sure I saw an article about how this public notification just makes the issue worse and drives predators into secrecy?

Can't be bothered to look for it now but I'll dig it up later.

Yup. This has been going on for decades in every part of society at every level, from working class to the political and social elite. The idea that the UK has been some paradise for kids for decades and this is some new problem brought on by immigration simply doesn't jive with the facts, and only brought up to bash immigrants, because people are tribal and it's easy to rile people up. Nobody cared about kids being abused/raped until brown people did it.

That said the muslim community is the biggest source of current issues, for various reasons. But it's not the Malay and Indonesians doing it, so again diagnosing it as a religious issue is too simplistic.
See I didn think the UK was some sort of paradise where bad things didn't happen. I thought it was a normal western society, albeit one that has shaped the modern world. Imagine my surprise when I started reading up on the coverup of perverse stuff after the Rotherham scandal. You guys have issues.

As for the last bit of your post. I think Islam is a cancer. It's a backwards, supremacist and intolerant cancer. But I recognize that most Muslims aren't sex offenders and are just regular people. That's partially why I keep chirping up about the ridiculous and generic label of "Asian" put on an almost exclusively Pakistani Muslim problem.

See I didn think the UK was some sort of paradise where bad things didn't happen. I thought it was a normal western society, albeit one that has shaped the modern world. Imagine my surprise when I started reading up on the coverup of perverse stuff after the Rotherham scandal. You guys have issues.

As for the last bit of your post. I think Islam is a cancer. It's a backwards, supremacist and intolerant cancer. But I recognize that most Muslims aren't sex offenders and are just regular people. That's partially why I keep chirping up about the ridiculous and generic label of "Asian" put on an almost exclusively Pakistani Muslim problem.

I think the UK is no worse or better than anywhere else necessarily in that way. Ireland has Catholic religious institutions that included the abuse, rape and death of kids for years. I can't imagine France, Germany and Italy didn't/don't have similar scandals. America has cults in the middle of nowhere which have multiple generations if rape and abuse in the name of religion.

It's a dark and pervasive theme of humanity that will eventually (hopefully) be wiped out with education, safeguarding along with criminal justice. But people use it to justify hating foreigners and ethnics, which needs calling out.

Agree with you re Islam. But the term asian as it applies in the UK to people from the Asian subcontinent isn't some way to obscure what is being discussed, it's just the word we use.... or at least I did. But conspiracy minded people won't ever be convinced.

Underfunded police force. Only so many bodies to do this shit. I don't lay this on the feet of the police. This is a funding problem.

Same the world over. If you want things to get better you need to allocate funds for that effort. Disconnected fucks around here.

They are agents of the state. They do what they are told and they DO NOT work aor protect their citizens. They protect rapists because the rapist are Muslims.

Back