Police report corroborates testimoney Paterno knew of previous Sandusky allegtions

Former FBI director Louis Freeh who was tasked by the board of trustees to investigate the crimes.

" The Board of Trustees commissioned an independent investigation by former FBI director Louis Freeh and his law firm. The Freeh Report stated that Spanier and Paterno, along with Curley and school vice president Gary Schultz, had known about allegations of child abuse on Sandusky's part as early as 1998, and were complicit in failing to disclose them. In so doing, Freeh stated that the most senior leaders at Penn State showed a "total disregard for the safety and welfare of Sandusky's child victims" for 14 years and "empowered" Jerry Sandusky to continue his abuse.[8][9] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_State_child_sex_abuse_scandal
@ens189 @KONG-D'SNT-TAP

So if your Former Boss heard that you might have had sex with a kid, what are they morally obligated to do?

I realize this is an emotional subject, and hindsight is 20/20 but take a step back, and think about the situation I just posed realistically.

JoePa had no more reason to inform police that he heard a rumor than anyone else did if they heard a rumor. The only reason people got upset, and are still upset at him, is because he was made out to be a saint for so long.

@ens189 @KONG-D'SNT-TAP

So if your Former Boss heard that you might have had sex with a kid, what are they morally obligated to do?

I realize this is an emotional subject, and hindsight is 20/20 but take a step back, and think about the situation I just posed realistically.

JoePa had no more reason to inform police that he heard a rumor than anyone else did if they heard a rumor. The only reason people got upset, and are still upset at him, is because he was made out to be a saint for so long.

You're asking "If your job puts you and your co-worker in contact with kids and your co-worker came forward to your boss stating that they witnessed you sexually assaulting a kid, what is the boss morally obligated to do?"

The moral obligation is to find the victim and ensure that they are looked after, contact their family, and bring the Police in to investigate ensuring that your co-worker gives the details of the assault to Police. That isn't doing too much. Not doing that was obviously the wrong thing. It wasn't a case of a child accusing an adult. It was a case of an adult stating that they had witnessed another adult in the showers molesting / sexually assaulting a child. Let's not forget that Penn State has campus police who do respond to sexual assaults and could have been called in immediately prior to any involvement from outside Law Enforcement.

The people involved aren't low wage workers at Walmart who barely know their co-workers. They're well-paid colleagues who know each other very well with McQuery having known Paterno since he was a freshman football player at PSU in 1994 up until Paterno's death.

And after McQuery told JoePa that, Joe waited a few hours, and then personally called the chief of police

And after McQuery told JoePa that, Joe waited a few hours, and then personally called the chief of police

Huh? Paterno heard what McQuery had to say at Paterno's house on a Saturday. Paterno traveled to an awards ceremony, calling Athletic Director Tim Curley the next day. The Athletic Director and Gary Schultz (who oversaw Campus Police but wasn't the Chief of Police) met with Paterno at his house. After that Curley and Schultz met with PSU President.

Paterno did not "call police". Notifying people who serve the best interests of the University at the expense of the victim(s) is nothing of note. NOBODY called Police. Not a single PSU personnel called Police. That is why they faced Child Endangerment charges.

Huh? Paterno heard what McQuery had to say at Paterno's house on a Saturday. Paterno traveled to an awards ceremony, calling Athletic Director Tim Curley the next day. The Athletic Director and Gary Schultz (who oversaw Campus Police but wasn't the Chief of Police) met with Paterno at his house. After that Curley and Schultz met with PSU President.

Paterno did not "call police". Notifying people who serve the best interests of the University at the expense of the victim(s) is nothing of note. NOBODY called Police. Not a single PSU personnel called Police. That is why they faced Child Endangerment charges.

Schultz oversaw police on campus, which is where the crimes were reported to occur.
If he called the State College, PA police, he could be accused of telling someone who only cared about the best interests of the town.

I'm not saying Paterno handled this flawlessly.
I am saying that he did about as well as I could expect an octogenarian to do. I do not think he acted maliciously.
He was attacked by the media largely because of name recognition and b/c he had built up such a reputation as a good guy.

Media loves to tear down icons, especially those who are supposed to stand for something.

Schultz oversaw police on campus, which is where the crimes were reported to occur.
If he called the State College, PA police, he could be accused of telling someone who only cared about the best interests of the town.

I am saying that he did about as well as I could expect an octogenarian to do. I do not think he acted maliciously.
He was attacked by the media largely because of name recognition and b/c he had built up such a reputation as a good guy.

Media loves to tear down icons, especially those who are supposed to stand for something.

I grew up in Northeastern PA. My Dad and I traveled to Happy Valley to the games. Penn State football was on our TV EVERY time they played. Joe Pa's image was on the bag that our Italian bread came in. I was severely disappointed in Paterno and the PSU staff to say the least when this came to light.

Paterno most likely didn't act maliciously, but he did not put the kid first which shows a lack of character and a lack of empathy towards victims. Again, remember this: Paterno did not report it to Police and Schultz was not a Campus Cop nor did he report it to Police. NOBODY did.

The media may love to tear icons down, but everyone involved with this at PSU had shit on their hands because of how it was handled and it needed to come to light since they were so callous after the reports (plural) that Sandusky might be sodomizing children that they allowed Sandusky to retain full access to the campus facilities and turned a blind eye as he continued to "mentor" more children into forced sex acts. One ounce of actual concern for a child more than the concern for protecting PSU football and this would not have gone down like it did.

@ens189 @KONG-D'SNT-TAP

He had more than 1 person tell him that. The eyewitness account of Paterno's reaction upon being told, reveals that Paterno knew Sandusky was likely guilty. The former head of the FBI said Paterno and others choose to keep quiet.

Icons deserve tearing down when they act like assholes. He was attacked because he didn't do the right thing ; it became a big media story because of his public persona and the institution involved.

Paterno most likely didn't act maliciously, but he did not put the kid first which shows a lack of character and a lack of empathy towards victims.

One ounce of actual concern for a child more than the concern for protecting PSU football and this would not have gone down like it did.

This.
A hundred times this.

EDIT : Just read that Paterno, the University's President and two others were alleged to have ACTIVELY shielded Sandusky from police enquiries.
This "allegation" .....read "findings" were from the firm of a private investigative agency headed by no less than a former FBI director and hired by the Penn State board to discover what actually happened.

So much for "didn't act maliciously".

Last edited:
All the college sport cultists certainly thought so. Have you ever seen the documentary Happy Valley?

So many sad, sick fucks in that town. Willing to place a coach and a team's reputation above protection of and justice for vulnerable kids.

What about the Baylor story? 52 alleged rapes by Baylor football players under Art Briles tenure in four years. Art Briles son Kendall Briles was also said to have used white women as a recruiting tactic to attract football players. Baylor is supposed to be a Christian university and are essentially pimping out their female students to elevate their football program. I think these stories are probably pretty wide spread across college sports.

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/new-lawsuit-baylor-alleges-52-rapes-took-place-four-years-art-briles/

Didn't hear no bitching when media was building him up. His reputation and his bank balance.
Live by the gun, die by the gun.

As a celebrity, if you do good, the media will anoint you the next M. Gandhi. But the good Lord help you if your sins come to light.

^rightly so.

@franquito
He had more than 1 person tell him that. The eyewitness account of Paterno's reaction upon being told, reveals that Paterno knew Sandusky was likely guilty. The former head of the FBI said Paterno and others choose to keep quiet.

What's more, I read that guy's statement on what he told Paterno (probably scrubbed from the Internet after the first few days).
Paterno asked him if he was sure (on him witnessing the assault in the shower room). The guy answered that yes was sure. That he didn't see the actual penetration but Sandusky was behind him (the kid), on all fours, and he heard the slapping sounds of skin on skin.

^thats pretty graphic. Whenever I hear Sandusky / Paterno, I can hear those sounds in my imagination and it makes me near sick.
The fact Paterno heard this account and didn't think it important enough to call the police and share his misgivings / doubts speaks volumes about his character.

Ppl like this have always existed in history. That's why we had the Holocaust. That's why we had the excesses of Slavery, Civil Rights abuses, Abu Ghraib, etc etc on throughout time.

The silent enablers. The fkers who think "well I'm clean and that's all that matters."

Fuck Joe Paterno.
Right in the pussy.

Last edited:
Can't we just kill pedophiles?

Who would complain?

It's a very strange phenomenon, but there's something about pedophilia that is easier to hush up than confront. We see it here with Paterno. We've seen it in several towns in northern England, most especially Rotherham where the child abuse was by Muslims was widespread and systematic. We've seen it in the Catholic church. We've seen it with US Army policy in Afghanistan, where several soldiers have claimed they were told to turn a blind eye to Afghan sexual abuse of children.

Hell, we even saw it in the Sandusky case where the grad student witnessed Sandusky rape a boy and called his dad to ask what to do. And his dad told him to get out of there!

Personally, I doubt Paterno's calculus was that he was willing to tolerate the sexual abuse of children to win games. Maybe, but I doubt it. I'm guessing it was more subtle, like thinking (or hoping) maybe these rumors had no substance. After all, he worked with Sandusky every day and he was a great guy. He loved kids. And even the accusation would ruin the guy.

Either way, it rightfully besmirches the reputation of a man who was otherwise a legend in his own field.

I think some people are unfairly the demonizing the old man. Coming from someone who doesn't watch football and has no biases.

Seems a lot of the people who said this just got vindicated. Knew a bunch of Penn State fanatics who denied and denied this.

Paterno and Sandusky are both garbage. Hope they burn in hell.

Seems a lot of the people who said this just got vindicated. Knew a bunch of Penn State fanatics who denied and denied this.

Paterno and Sandusky are both garbage. Hope they burn in hell.

Sandusky's son just got charged on separate rape / assault charges on a minor.
One of them his live in girlfriend's kid.

Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

<{clintugh}>

<{clintugh}>
Supposedly he was molested by Sandusky

<{clintugh}>
He was probably molested by his father.

Back