Poliquin on Fish Oils and my own Personal Experience

how do you measure how many grams you are taking in?

sorry im stupid:icon_chee

Do you guys know if there is a noticeable difference in taking them all at once or should i be spacing them throughout the day?

Zerocrew1984 said:
Do you guys know if there is a noticeable difference in taking them all at once or should i be spacing them throughout the day?

Try to space them out and take them with your solid meals a la Berardi.

Sonny said:
Try to space them out and take them with your solid meals a la Berardi.

dang, that means more obedience by me. thanks for the info.

p.s. you dont have to plug berardi, your name is good enough.

I use Health from the Sun liquid.

It tastes okay plus I'm sure I'd be able to taste it if I happen to get a rancid bottle. (And it's only like $10 bucks a bottle.)

Liquid is the way to go, it kicks the shit out of taking tons of pills everyday.

Do you take 1 dose of liquid or do you space it out as well?

I take one dose. I should spread it out, but I can't stand it in the morning around brushing my teeth. (I can't stand eating/drinking anything within like an hour of brushing my teeth.)

So I just have a dose at night with dinner. Never had one fish burp either. It's got a pretty decent level of EPA/DHA as well.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 tsp. (5mL)
Servings Per Container: About 47
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 40
Calories from Fat 40
Total Fat 4.5g 7%*
Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%*
Cholesterol 25mg 8%*
Fish Oil 4360mg †
Omega-3 EPA (715mg) †
Omega-3 DHA (470mg) †
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

The total fat is a little high, but you can get 47 servings for about $10 bucks if you shop.

Fish oil, probiotics, and psyillum fibre are the best things I've ever done for my health. Insane how much better I feel, and how much more energy I have.

Pretty good article in this months Men's Health about fish oils. A lot of stuff we already know but good nonetheless. If you can, steal a copy from the dentists office.

Its odd but since I've been taking a high (15g fish oil) dose, in the morning and at night for like 11 weeks I have a bit in my mouth that just bleeds, between the front bottom teeth.
Its the brushing that does it

Random input of the day

Its odd but since I've been taking a high (15g fish oil) dose, in the morning and at night for like 11 weeks I have a bit in my mouth that just bleeds, between the front bottom teeth.
Its the brushing that does it

Random input of the day

I've noticed the same thing. I was taking 10 grams for a while and my nosebleeds were pretty rough.

How does a product like this made of fish oil concentrate and vitamin E...

NOW Omega-3

compare to a product that is just fish oil? like this...

Enteric coated fish oil pills

The EPA and DHA levels are different, but other than that, are EPA and DHA the same no matter the source. Not counting conversion from flax oil or something.

The EPA and DHA levels are different, but other than that, are EPA and DHA the same no matter the source. Not counting conversion from flax oil or something.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking...EPA is EPA regardless of the source. Of the two products you mentioned, I'd use the NOW, because:

• They state it's screened for impurities
  • It has higher EPA/DHA values per serving
  • The Vitamin E helps preserve the quality of fish oil
Overall it's a better product.

Wait, 10-15 grams? Holy shit. I take around 5 or 6 grams a day. Do you think you're going overboard? For some reason I feel like when I take that much, I have a tougher time shitting and I have to drink a lot more water.

I was referring to the article at t-nation where they were taking 10-15 grams per day of actual EPA/DHA. I rarely go over 6 grams these days.

Back