Political Correctness Gone Mad

@IngaVovchanchyn

Also, it's not just historically true. It's currently true.

The videos and materials I've posted were current within the last few years.

It's not for me, they haven't been allowed to use Happy Halloween for religious reasons for years now at my job.

We can have a fall themed party, and even have costume competitions, but we can't have a Halloween party.

My church is kind of split on Halloween, so it's sort of live and let live.

My father was initially opposed to Halloween for religious reasons when I was young, but we broke him down on the trick or treating part. I mean, free candy. In his later years he enthusiastically passed out huge mounds of candy to neighborhood kids. So you can see how it's a slippery slope.

My father was initially opposed to Halloween for religious reasons when I was young, but we broke him down on the trick or treating part. I mean, free candy. In his later years he enthusiastically passed out huge mounds of candy to neighborhood kids. So you can see how it's a slippery slope.

I think what we see with the anti-Halloween movement in the right today is that it's mostly just being done out of spite because of how saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas is more culturally normal and often preferred.

Take that you liberal deviants! We'll ruin your holiday too!

According to our Puritanical asshole forefathers, we are all going to hell. So just keep that in mind the next time someone starts spouting off like a puritanical asshole.

PuritanChristmasBan.jpg

Clearly, this is the most pressing issue facing mankind, and the only logical response is to elect politicians who deny climate change is a man made phenomenon and want to and end Social Security.

This is non-responsive. Does an issue have to be the pressing issue facing mankind to be criticized?
@IngaVovchanchyn

Also, it's not just historically true. It's currently true.

The videos and materials I've posted were current within the last few years.
Yes, my point wasn't that no religious people have a problem with Halloween. But the religious criticism has been a constant. The new development is the campus thought police trying to regulate costume wearing.

According to our Puritanical asshole forefathers, we are all going to hell. So just keep that in mind the next time someone starts spouting off like a puritanical asshole.

PuritanChristmasBan.jpg

1. I think you are the asshole if this is what you got from my story.
2. Today's Puritans are mainly found on the far left and, relevantly to this thread, are the people mainly pushing political correctness.

This is non-responsive. Does an issue have to be the pressing issue facing mankind to be criticized?

Yes, my point wasn't that no religious people have a problem with Halloween. But the religious criticism has been a constant. The new development is the campus thought police trying to regulate costume wearing.

I understand all that but my response was directly at someone griping about how they have to say Happy Holidays instead of Happy Halloween.

That's clearly the right wing's doing and not the "thought police trying to regulate costume wearing".

I tend to see the world along a continuum. At one end if shit that matters; on the other end is shit that does not matter.

I think we should save the lion's share of our critical attention for the former.

I think what we see with the anti-Halloween movement in the right today is that it's mostly just being done out of spite because of how saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas is more culturally normal and often preferred.

Take that you liberal deviants! We'll ruin your holiday too!
Lol? Maybe, but I haven't seen anything like this.

What I see is people threatening to boycott costume companies for selling Handmaid outfits and nagging people to wear only racially appropriate costumes.

I tend to see the world along a continuum. At one end if shit that matters; on the other end is shit that does not matter.

I think we should save the lion's share of our critical attention for the former.
Well, if this isn't worth your attention, perhaps you should spend time in a more pressing thread.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainme...n-about-message-snow-white-sends-to-daughters

"Bell told Parents magazine that she asks her daughters, "Don't you think that it's weird that the prince kisses Snow White without her permission? Because you cannot kiss someone if they're sleeping!" she said."

-She's hot and all. (Would) But seriously. When will this madness end??

Kids can't even watch friggin Cinderella and Snow White anymore because apparently they can't handle the knight in shining armor trope.

Wow.

What other incidents of PCGM have you heard of? Give us the most ridiculous ones!

How about this..... you teach your kids what you want to teach them and let other people do the same. No one is forcing you to do a fucking thing so stop making it sounds like the leftists PC police are taking over. Kids can watch whatever they want to so stop being such a overreacting pussy.

Last edited:
Well, if this isn't worth your attention, perhaps you should spend time in a more pressing thread.
You mean one of those lame threads about climate change, the death of the labor movement, wage stagnation, or how right wing economic policies have been sold with lie after lie for decades?

Yeah right. What do you think I am, a nerd like @Jack V Savage ?

Yeah well she had Mouth Herpes..... so she had the last laugh.

I don't think people should be allowed to say Happy Holidays either.

That's racist against sad people.

I used to go to a Pentecostal church that didn't want to celebrate Halloween, but they still dressed up and ate candy. They claimed it wasn't a Halloween celebration. It always confused me.

How about this..... you teach your kids what you want to teach them and let other people do the same. No one is forcing you to do a fucking thing so stop making it sounds like the leftists PC police are taking over. Kids can watch whatever they want to so stop being such a overreacting pussy.
They may not be forcing me personally but they sure as shit are enforcing this pc shit on kids everywhere starting in our godamn schools and guess what mfer, I dont give a shit if they are not my own kids I think this horseshit they are feeding our kids is absolute bullshit. And fuck em for doing it. Hopefully we can shut this shit down permanently. Fucking pussifying the country is what is happening.

Last edited:
What were some of her other complaints?

All the dwarves were white? How come none of the dwarves were POC?

Why was the queen so obsessed with beauty and vanity? Isnt true beauty on the "inside?"
Lol...
The dragon was black. Why the scary character gotta be black?

Back