Political Correctness Gone Mad

Or I think its worth a chuckle and nothing more...it wasnt exactly unexpected where it was going, it was a standard joke and lacked depth. When you tell a joke with two possible directions, its boring. Either he was actually going to give his wife oral, or he was going to do what he did...that is not skilled writing nor does it require thought on the part of the listener. It isnt even shocking.

I bet you are a real riot at parties.

I bet you are a real riot at parties.

I am, my jokes are actually funny.

Why would anyone tell that joke over one from an actual great comedian like George Carlin, Chris Rock, Bill Burr...Hell, I would do a Daniel Tosh joke over that any day of the week.

I am, my jokes are actually funny.

Why would anyone tell that joke over one from an actual great comedian like George Carlin, Chris Rock, Bill Burr...Hell, I would do a Daniel Tosh joke over that any day of the week.

Norm Macdonald is the epitome of the stand-up's stand-up. Rock, Burr and Tosh all consider him one of the best to do it.

(I also have a feeling that oral sex joke was rolling around for decades and was just something Norm was passing on. But he knew quality when he heard it.)

But, whatever. You sound like a guy who may confuse gross, vulgar and offensive with funny.

This thread is now about somnophilia.

Indeed, how do you consent to somnophilia?

Norm Macdonald is the epitome of the stand-up's stand-up. Rock, Burr and Tosh all consider him one of the best to do it.

No, they do not. The call Richard Prior, George Carlin, Lenny Bruce the best.

And at no point in his career was Norm one of the top comedians...as can be seen by his many comedy specials that never happened outside of a couple of 30 minute HBO spots.

Now this is where you come back about how comedy specials are not a factor in who is or is not a great comedian so I can laugh at you more than that joke made me laugh.

I'm ashamed to call myself liberal these days. Can we just call these people Democrats? They don't stand for liberal principles.

I'm sure I could find a 100s of things Kristen Bell that is "problematic" in her career in TVs and movies. This PC and outrage crap is MY trigger warning.

Apparently as a teacher, my old lady can't say Happy Halloween anymore..

They have to say Happy Holidays or some other stupid shit like that.

Fuck this generation...

Happy Holidays for Halloween? Dang . . .

Folks won't have a clue what holiday they're supposed to be offended by if we can't use the actual holiday name. :)

The Left has gone insane with all the #metoo and social justice fighting the patriarchy.

The right it more insane. I mean you believe a magic sky man watches you when you masturbate

Apparently as a teacher, my old lady can't say Happy Halloween anymore..

They have to say Happy Holidays or some other stupid shit like that.

Fuck this generation...

I say "Happy Halloween" and if someone gives me Lip, I say to them : "HAPPY HALLOWEEN" even louder. :D

I mean...since they're so triggered, why not get even instead of getting mad. <Gordonhat>

Kirsten bell and Dax Shepard are about as functionally retarded as you can get.

It's definitely weird, how often does kissing someone wake them from a coma? I was watching Rocky last night and his first date would definitely get him in trouble today. Is it still a great story? Absolutely. Did it diminish the romance between them? Not even a little. Context is everything.

Leftists get offended by certain racist and other offensive costumes sure, but it's the religious right that doesn't want people saying Happy Halloween because it's the devil's holiday.

Are they Mormons? Catholics and other Christians should not give one fuck about the religious implications of Halloween. Who listens to the pope?

Haha. The story features a Brad Pitt looking prince who gently kisses the princess because it is the only way she can be awakened from a coma. There are probably countless women who fantasize about some handsome guy they like waking them up with a romantic kiss. I am not sure why the fembots are trying to equate this to a creepy and ugly Harvey Weinstein type character raping women while they sleep. What is more sickening is how Bell thinks she is some kind of hero because she perverts the plot of old fairytales to push her sick modern-feminist ideology.
Yeah there's this odd trend of nitpicking old Disney movies as bad for girls for upholding old gender roles and stereotypes apparently to score brownie points with feminists. But it just comes off as petty and in some cases even relies on ignoring the actual story itself. Take this part for instance
Keira Knightley, appearing Tuesday on the talk show "Ellen," said her 3-year-old daughter is banned from "Cinderella."

"Because she waits around for a rich guy to rescue her. Don't. Rescue yourself, obviously," Knightley said.
But that's not actually what Cinderella does. She's a girl who is exploited by her step-family but still maintains a virtuous attitude which is recognized by the little mice and the fairy godmother who allow her to go to the ball as she wanted. She wasn't looking for a man, she just wanted to get lit is all. If anything the moral is even if your life is shit and people are assholes to you, you should nonetheless try to keep a virtuous attitude and perhaps someone will recognize it.

She also criticizes The Little Mermaid because you shouldn't give your voice up for a man even though the story itself essentially endorses that moral since Ariel's choice isn't vindicated but shown to be a mistake that she was manipulated into making by Ursula.
People have always held nutty beliefs. What we should focus on, rather, is the media choosing to publicize the opinions of the insane, rather than those of the sane.

It appears that, today, no matter how worthless or uninformed your opinion is, you will always become headline news somewhere, as long as you yell loudly enough.

I'm pretty sure that this sort of "journalism" is going to be unsustainable in the long term.
Well Kristin Bell is a fairly well known actor and even did voice acting for Disney's most popular film, Frozen, so she's not some random celebrity necessarily. But yeah people shouldn't really listen to her. Apparently she gave a lot of input into the script which was written and rewritten numerous times, the last draft being written like 6 months before the movie was set to come out.

Back