Poll: 77% of Democrats with 4-Year Degrees Think Sex Not Determined at Birth (Gender Mega Thread)

Humans engage in all those behaviours, to varying extremes.
We don't eat our young, but we get abortions or give them up for adoption when we cannot afford them.
Rape has always existed and probably always will.
We stopped throwing rocks because we learned how to manufacture guns.

I'm not sure how you think this refutes the idea of humans as animals.
Chimps use tools. Are you saying that chimps are not animals? (1)

Like the state? Or the mob?

Either way. We do it.

(2)

Simple?
No, we're very complex, which is probably why our minds seem to break more often.
Is it wise to define ourselves as fauna? Not wise, so much as accurate. (3)

Your sentimentality and romanticizing of human existence does not count as an argument. (4)

No doubt.
You clearly haven't given the topic much in the way of honest consideration. (5)

1. Therefore the further we distinguish ourselves form animals in most occasions, the better, would you not agree?

2. The state and the mob have come a long, long way, despite attempts to regress down to simple amoral animal dynamics.

From Year 1, to Hobbes, to Locke, to everything from the Reformation to the Enlightenment.

Those lessons in life and power were hard won through blood and chaos, but told us more about who we can be, and how much further from debased beasts.

We as a people may have the power of the atom, the power to destroy everything in the blink of an eye, yet as family, tribe, kingdom, and nationstate the good things about humanity in the last few thousand years have lead us in that arc of history.

To be more.

3. Agreed, at least, in so much as the glass of human understanding is half full.

Accurate to say we are fauna?

Biologically, sure.

As a mere construct? Yes.

We share a significant portion of our D.N.A. with a gorilla but, then again, also with a tree.

Yet the noblest of silverback alphas is missing so much of the puzzle, tangible, as well as ethereal that have allowed us to become so much more.

4. And yet my friend, I must point out, you have not made an argument to the contrary.

For I, you, and everyone is not in a world of thought, but also of emotion, and emotion is much, much more powerful.

The scientific reality exists because you, I, or a man in a lab coat, or a number on a piece of paper can exist because we cared to do something besides our nature.

What allowed our grand achievements in science was harnessing, understanding, and controlling the most powerful of ideas: feelings.

These kind of arguments always remind me of a wonderful piece from Oscar Wilde:

///

'How do you know?' said the Mathematical Master, (to a group of young dreamy girls) 'you have never seen one.'

'Ah! but we have, in our dreams,' answered the children; and the Mathematical Master frowned and looked very severe, for he did not approve of children dreaming.

///

And yet for any argument of logic, any reduction of life to the numbers, that is the last and most important principle that made life worthwhile. What you may be referring to as "sentimentalizing" is the search for something more, the reason for living.

The rock or the chimp or the sky or the stars will be with or without people here to see them, but we live, and our reality is mostly from the influence of those around us, a world of their feelings, feelings which gave us the spark to search beyond being alpha_chimp or pack_follower.

Beyond collective survival, beyond only shame and force as a social guide, and gave us the capability, the chance to see what if anything the search means.

5. In your opinion as your quote might say, and maybe I am a simple fool who knows nothing. Who fails to understand what you clearly know. Fair enough. I truly wish you well you greatness in knowledge, life, and all things. Whether a mathematician approves or not.

I think it's like 63 now or something, lol.
<{clintugh}>

76 last I checked. Wtf is a "two-spirit" person and why is this considered a gender identity? I used to consider myself left wing but this stuff is getting way out of hand.

Appreciate the response but it’s not an answer to what I asked. I asked genuinely. You made it about “modern” society.

When do you think the change happened? Is being queer a new phenomena?

It's not a new phenomenon, but the way we're supposed to react to it is.

I DON'T CARE.

Apparently that's not good enough anymore.

Now, I'm supposed to applaud it as some big brave better than everyone super culture.

1. Therefore the further we distinguish ourselves form animals in most occasions, the better, would you not agree?

2. The state and the mob have come a long, long way, despite attempts to regress down to simple amoral animal dynamics.

From Year 1, to Hobbes, to Locke, to everything from the Reformation to the Enlightenment.

Those lessons in life and power were hard won through blood and chaos, but told us more about who we can be, and how much further from debased beasts.

We as a people may have the power of the atom, the power to destroy everything in the blink of an eye, yet as family, tribe, kingdom, and nationstate the good things about humanity in the last few thousand years have lead us in that arc of history.

To be more.

3. Agreed, at least, in so much as the glass of human understanding is half full.

Accurate to say we are fauna?

Biologically, sure.

As a mere construct? Yes.

We share a significant portion of our D.N.A. with a gorilla but, then again, also with a tree.

Yet the noblest of silverback alphas is missing so much of the puzzle, tangible, as well as ethereal that have allowed us to become so much more.

4. And yet my friend, I must point out, you have not made an argument to the contrary.

For I, you, and everyone is not in a world of thought, but also of emotion, and emotion is much, much more powerful.

The scientific reality exists because you, I, or a man in a lab coat, or a number on a piece of paper can exist because we cared to do something besides our nature.

What allowed our grand achievements in science was harnessing, understanding, and controlling the most powerful of ideas: feelings.

These kind of arguments always remind me of a wonderful piece from Oscar Wilde:

///

'How do you know?' said the Mathematical Master, (to a group of young dreamy girls) 'you have never seen one.'

'Ah! but we have, in our dreams,' answered the children; and the Mathematical Master frowned and looked very severe, for he did not approve of children dreaming.

///

And yet for any argument of logic, any reduction of life to the numbers, that is the last and most important principle that made life worthwhile. What you may be referring to as "sentimentalizing" is the search for something more, the reason for living.

The rock or the chimp or the sky or the stars will be with or without people here to see them, but we live, and our reality is mostly from the influence of those around us, a world of their feelings, feelings which gave us the spark to search beyond being alpha_chimp or pack_follower.

Beyond collective survival, beyond only shame and force as a social guide, and gave us the capability, the chance to see what if anything the search means.

5. In your opinion as your quote might say, and maybe I am a simple fool who knows nothing. Who fails to understand what you clearly know. Fair enough. I truly wish you well you greatness in knowledge, life, and all things. Whether a mathematician approves or not.

That's a really long and roundabout way of saying you prefer a world of make-believe.

Transcendent desires are fine and all, but to be actualised, they need to be compatible with reality.

That's a really long and roundabout way of saying you prefer a world of make-believe.

Transcendent desires are fine and all, but to be actualised, they need to be compatible with reality.

I said nothing of the sort quite honestly.

This is what I laid out, and this is what every top rate political strategist or philosopher must understand: Feelings are more important to people than thoughts, and human emotion is even more important than what we try to demonstrate as scientific truth.

Whatever you, or I, or anyone knows, we express it through hopes, dreams, or however you want to quantify imagination.

Science, economics, religion, concepts of friendship or family, they are all shaped by those hopes and expectations.

The scientist follows his science in that pursuit.

You may choose a reason that a scientist pursues science, however, you will be selecting from a hope, a dream even if you wish something else - the scientist works to impress his colleagues, to build a reputation, for the joy of knowledge, or to make the world a better place... all in all in pursuit of how he feels.

If he understands the dreams of another? Well, few "Master Mathematicians" can see beyond their small numbers, but the ones who do may start to understand the most important unit to what is real, people.

The left -is- sciences.

Hell no it' not. My gf is a far lefty, and she thought at times the moon was almost as far as the sun. She protested the swearing in. She has a degree.

The left PRETENDS science is on their side, but it's a subject of study, it doesn't have a party affiliation.

Yes, the powers that be that unquestionably run and finance both of the options we are allowed to have for thinking have wanted the right science illiterate, and the left morally bankrupt for the last 30 years. Now, it's crossing over.

Anyways, the purple haired liberals mostly don' know why the seasons change.. I ask them lol. You're wrong. Evangelicals antiscience attitude also exists, and has been embarrassing white people for a few decades now.

When did sex and gender become two different things? When some fucked up college professor decided it was.

Being gay or bisexual, I get that. But that is not what we are seeing.

We are seeing people trying to be as unique as possible by trying to be as ridiculous as possible.

And then other people not only justifying it, but praising and applauding it.
It cannot just be considered a variant, the number would not increase

According to Pew’s write-up:
The survey … finds that Democrats with a bachelor’s degree or more education are more likely than other Democrats to say a person’s gender can be different from the sex they were assigned at birth. About three-quarters (77%) of Democrats with a bachelor’s degree or more say this, compared with 60% of Democrats with some college and 57% of those with a high school diploma or less. No such [education] divide exists among Republicans.

Why do you think 3 out of 4 college educated Democrats think you can chose your gender?

Have they lost their mind?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...cratic-graduates-cannot-determine-person-sex/

lol. Apparently none of those degrees related to science

It cannot just be considered a variant, the number would not increase

The first few were the variants. I'm sure there are a low percentage of men who think they should be women and vice versa.

The rest are followers and/or lonely attention whores.

I think you're confused on what "illness" is.

Is it though? Or do you just like making neat little boxes and trying to jam people into them because you hate expanding the ole mind grapes?

Do you though? Or do you just not like it and so you're demanding people act in accordance with what makes you comfortable?

*you're* and you were still born biologically male. You are a woman.

I don't think the transgender individual is too concerned about what a scientist says 10 million years from now about his biology. I think the transgender individual cares about how he or she is treated in society today regarding his gender identity.

Is it though? Or is it just making you uncomfortable because you can't understand it?
What about the enjoyment and fuzzy feelings I get from bashing trannies? Who are you to take that away from me? I'll call them whatever the fuck I want and no one can change that. Are you mad? Are you going to stop me from using inappropriate terms for some dick head I see walking down the street? No...no you are not.

PositiveBalance
okp66FD.gif

What about the enjoyment and fuzzy feelings I get from bashing trannies? Who are you to take that away from me? I'll call them whatever the fuck I want and no one can change that. Are you mad? Are you going to stop me from using inappropriate terms for some dick head I see walking down the street? No...no you are not.
Sounds like you are a sick individual yourself

sorry, what the fuck is pew research center? these arent surveys that are published in scientific journals or at all pier reviewed. and they sample via telemarketing recruitment followed by self-administered questionnaires.

as someone has already pointed out "a person’s gender can be different from the sex they were assigned at birth" is completely different from "sex is not determined at birth", and the former I could actually agree with.

what this 'survey' is successful in doing is illuminating your biases, inability to read critically and interpret information, and inability to discern credible information from an article.
Just another example of the ever decreasing value of a college degree.

Also another example of knowledge not necessarily leading to wisdom.

When progressiveness out-trumps science.

Lol, this is direct evidence that these "degrees" are nothing more than a certificate of indoctrination.

The left has officially taken over the anti science position. Well deserved, they worked hard for it.

I'm not denying that. But it sounds like you are judging me...and that's just not right..is it?
if you admit to shitty Behavior I have no problem judging you for it

Back