• Noel

• Liam

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jesse Pinkman

Life's a risk, carnal
Platinum Member
Reaction score
who is Sherdog with here?

As an American I’ve been pretty ignorant of Oasis until adulthood besides the obvious acoustic guitar jokes and hits.

Now that I’ve delved into them and their solo careers, listened to interviews etc. I’ve seen people get asked this question, and although I’ve had my own view on it, I will refrain from saying it right now. I like both of them however I do favor one for sure.

Simply put: out of the two Gallagher brothers, who do you favor more and why?

Always thought Noel was a much better singer.

Noel, don't look back in anger is easily my favorite oasis song and one of my favorite songs.

Fuck Liam

People who can actually write songs are far rarer than people who can perform them.

Session musicians, singers and dancers a plenty, someone who can actually write a decent tune is a much rarer resource.

Noel wrote almost all my fav Oasis songs, including my #1 fav The Masterplan.

Liam wrote Songbird though, which is a close second.

I prefer their dad's watermelon smashing comedy antics.

Noel...& it's not even close.

Oasis - Noel Gallagher = Beady Eye

Case closed!

Noel...& it's not even close.

Oasis - Noel Gallagher = Beady Eye

Case closed!

Beady Eye's not bad. They need to get back together though cause solo they're both good but Oasis was different level.

Without Liam they wouldn't have been successful, despite Noel's talent, cause he had the attitude, swagger and presence.

People who can actually write songs are far rarer than people who can perform them.

Session musicians, singers and dancers a plenty, someone who can actually write a decent tune is a much rarer resource.
This.

That's why nightwish is awesome no matter who the singer.

Tuomas writes everything and everyone else is along for the ride

I don't understand the cult around Liam at all. Guy is a grade A cunt. His brother is more like C-level, and is actually talented.

I fell like Liam always acted out to get attention because his brother outshined him in song writing. In the super early days Oasis was essentially Liam and his friends struggling to work their way up in the music scene and when Noel joined he took complete creative control and they became a million times more successful, I think Liam always resented Noel because of that.

LOL, you must be drunk, Blur doesn't come close to Oasis.
Oasis seemed ''rockery'' and had a ''fuck off'' attitude that many 20 something or younger loved, Blur, in particular Albarn & Coxon who were far better musicians, Oasis were just a Manc Status Quo, who would never have been as popular if the Roses hadn't fucked about for 5 years.

Blur>>>Oasis for me, and its not even close

Oasis seemed ''rockery'' and had a ''fuck off'' attitude that many 20 something or younger loved, Blur, in particular Albarn & Coxon who were far better musicians, Oasis were just a Manc Status Quo, who would never have been as popular if the Roses hadn't fucked about for 5 years.

Blur>>>Oasis for me, and its not even close

Noel's got more musical talent in his pinky finger than all of Blur combined. Oasis' b-sides alone are better than anything Blur put out.

Back