<<POLL REQUEST>> Did the Ferttitas con and ripoff WME?

After the Ferttitas sold their last shares of the UFC in September, WME actually purchased the UFC for 5 billion dollars.

Is the current UFC worth 5 billion dollars?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahki...-5-billion-valuation/?s=trending#5ed0d2531365

PPV buys:

UFC 213: 130K

UFC 215: 100K

UFC 216: 120K

The Ferttitas conned WME.

Thoughts?

9M9Eo_s-200x150.gif

The biggest draws haven't been active.
McGregor, jones gsp rousey.
If McGregor fights again this year ppv will be big on that event.
Not sure about gsp since he been retired for 4 years if he will draw big.
Rousey is done and no telling what will happen with jones

The Reebok and USADA deals were just a ploy to add pseudo legitimacy to rip off any company stupid enough to pay
Schaub' went into great detail about this on joe rogan podcast.
Great point

No, WME is doing just fine. Their stock is up an impressive amount since the purchase.

There's plenty of talent to keep the ball rolling.

They got a new deal to negotiate once the Fox contract is up. That's WME's wheelhouse.

The new headquarters & a shit load of UFC gyms came off the profit of the past couple of years... so those numbers have been skewed by them re-investing their profits back into the company instead of showing it as a grand profit figure. Those things are built & now making money instead of costing money. There's more gyms to build... but every one they've all ready built is out there making money.... & the 100 mill + headquarters is built.

After the Ferttitas sold their last shares of the UFC in September, WME actually purchased the UFC for 5 billion dollars.

Is the current UFC worth 5 billion dollars?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahki...-5-billion-valuation/?s=trending#5ed0d2531365

PPV buys:

UFC 213: 130K

UFC 215: 100K

UFC 216: 120K

The Ferttitas conned WME.

Thoughts?

I guess you could say they were conned in the sense that I have no doubt the Fertitta's knew full well Conor McGregor would pull the stunts he's been pulling outside of the UFC and had a possibility of never returning, also knew it was possible Jon Jones would get in trouble again, Rousey is out with no obvious superstar successor, etc etc etc.

But from a legal standpoint, no con job at all.

I guess you could say they were conned in the sense that I have no doubt the Fertitta's knew full well Conor McGregor would pull the stunts he's been pulling outside of the UFC and had a possibility of never returning, also knew it was possible Jon Jones would get in trouble again, Rousey is out with no obvious superstar successor, etc etc etc.

But from a legal standpoint, no con job at all.
And the ferrittas knew those things but wme had no idea??

We all know 5 billion is alot of money, but most major sporting TEAMS alone are worth billions. So im not too shocked to see a world wide sporting company to be worth a couple billion.

Most sporting teams are not worth "Billions". If I recall, the highest price paid for a franchise was the Dodgers and/or the Clippers and I believe those were purchased for around $2 billion.

I would assume both of them generate far more revenue that the UFC is generating based upon the cost and fan base...but I am not a Sherdog accountant nor to I have any financial information to back up my claim.

Most sporting teams are not worth "Billions". If I recall, the highest price paid for a franchise was the Dodgers and/or the Clippers and I believe those were purchased for around $2 billion.

I would assume both of them generate far more revenue that the UFC is generating based upon the cost and fan base...but I am not a Sherdog accountant nor to I have any financial information to back up my claim.

the fertitas bought houston rockets for 2.2 billion, they were conned big time.

the fertitas bought houston rockets for 2.2 billion, they were conned big time.

Forgot about that one (I am sure there are a few more that have sold for between 1-2 billion) but wasn't it a different Fertitta and not the Fertitta's who sold the UFC? I would assume the Houston Rockets also generate more revenue right now based upon the purchase price vs. the amount of revenue the UFC generates based upon that purchase price.

We all know 5 billion is alot of money, but most major sporting TEAMS alone are worth billions. So im not too shocked to see a world wide sporting company to be worth a couple billion.
There are few sporting teams currently worth 5 billion

The Reebok and USADA deals were just a ploy to add pseudo legitimacy to rip off any company stupid enough to pay

Yeah I'm sure a company like WME-IMG have absolutely no idea what they're doing. Maybe they can hire you as their CEO.

The money supply is inflated, it's not that the UFC is worth so much it's that at the asset level all prices will be going up as long as this chart goes up:

unitedstatesrealmoneysupplygrowth.jpg

Basically the fed reserve gives free new money to banks, banks then lend that money out for cheap for big mergers and acquisitions. Asset prices go up. If 1-2% apr long term loans with no collateral were available to the average person we would see asset bubbles all over the economy not just in the corporate equity/real estate markets. As you can see historically the US money supply has grown by 7% per year, also US equity prices (stock markets) increase by 7% per year on average over the long term, this is probably not a coincidence.

ive seen the movie The Accountant so ive got a pretty good grasp on this, the answer is yes they conned them

The seller always has an asymmetric information advantage over the potential buyer

All the stars that WME was banking on have either retired or are otherwise unavailable. MMA itself is not a money-maker, the select few fighters that hipsters and liberals relate to are (unfortunately).

Eh, as far as sports companies go the have a huge profit seeing as how they only pay the fighters around 13% of thev pie. They basically have slaves as far as other athletes are concerned

Back