Poll: Should Fearless Girl statue also be torn down?

Should Fearless Girl statue also be torn down?

• Total voters

Fox by the Sea

Lighthouse Keeper
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am watching this latest american hysteria about tearing down all sorts of statues. i see many arguments being thrown around for the removal of a lot of historical monuments in the US. Given that the are only a limited number of confederate statues to be torn down, i believe the force of this latest movement will reach other monuments as well, that might be seen as uncomfortable/triggering for certain people.

In this context, there are people that might argue that the Fearless Girl statue presents an unfair image of young girls, meaning thin, with facial characteristics that leave out a significant portion of the population, wearing clothers that are clearly derived from the oppressive patriarchal model, and, for the people that read books, conjures the picture of the Minotaur (the bull in front) in a threatening pose, maybe a metaphor for rape.

What do you guys think? i am an European, curios about your answers.
thanks.

28XP-GIRL-01p-master768.jpg

Well, they're assuming the person's gender, so that's bad.

Also, the bull is a victim here. The statue is a metaphor for how we should needlessly kill and eat meat.

It should go. ;)

What is the fearless girl for?
The bull actually represents wall street (A wall street bull), and it's supposed to say that people shouldn't fear hiring more women in the work place. It's a diversity thing.

The bull actually represents wall street (A wall street bull), and it's supposed to say that people shouldn't fear hiring more women in the work place. It's a diversity thing.
why not put up a grown woman then?
should goldman sachs hire prepubescent girls for their statistical analysis needs?

I don't like it because it changes the meaning of the bull statue

The bull represents a thriving economy, American growth and good times.

Adding the girl makes it seem sinister or bad

I am watching this latest american hysteria about tearing down all sorts of statues. i see many arguments being thrown around for the removal of a lot of historical monuments in the US. Given that the are only a limited number of confederate statues to be torn down, i believe the force of this latest movement will reach other monuments as well, that might be seen as uncomfortable/triggering for certain people.

In this context, there are people that might argue that the Fearless Girl statue presents an unfair image of young girls, meaning thin, with facial characteristics that leave out a significant portion of the population, wearing clothers that are clearly derived from the oppressive patriarchal model, and, for the people that read books, conjures the picture of the Minotaur (the bull in front) in a threatening pose, maybe a metaphor for rape.

What do you guys think? i am an European, curios about your answers.
thanks.

28XP-GIRL-01p-master768.jpg
Fearless girl is a different topic altogether imo.

it should be moved, but obviously not torn down. I say that because the force of the image comes largely from the bull, which is another's man's work and expression. And this little bronze bit of corporate advertising changes, dare I say usurps, the meaning of the bull's sculptor, who produced his image at personal expense.

Last edited:
All Islamic scripture should be banned and destroyed because it teaches hatred & violence against non-Muslims.

eFearless girl is a differnt topic altogether imo.

it should be moved imo, but not obviously not torn down. I say that because the force of the image comes largely fro the bull, which is another's man's work and expression. And this little bronze bit of corporate advertising changes, dare I say usurps, the meaning of the bull's sculptor, who produced his image at personal expense.
what i didn't like about the whole thing was that, at the core of it, it wasn't about justice or equality or anything like that, it was a morality performance, which is basically what the western world is engaged in for years and it is exacerbated as fuck lately.

that's about it. not the discourse of morality but the performance of morality, a showbusiness act. i think it is also called virtue signalling. it just feels like public discourse in the next years will be just this - performances of morality.

I don't like it because it changes the meaning of the bull statue

The bull represents a thriving economy, American growth and good times.

Adding the girl makes it seem sinister or bad
Exactly right! The statue represents leftist women standing in the way of a productive economy.

There should also be an option on the poll for stupid thread.

BTW - I am not for tearing down statues. What is next, burn all books that mention anything about confederates?

I think it already came up in the public space and it's a completely different argument.

The girl's statue was put there to change the meaning of the bull statue not to represent something on it's own. I think it's a interesting free speech issue but it's not really the same as the monument issue.

what does false equivalence even mean, right guys?

what does false equivalence even mean, right guys?
just look at what a lot of people are saying about so many types of statues.
this is not a time of objectivity.
it's a time of opportunistic screeching.
thinking there's safety for any type of symbols is being naive.

Last time this topic was covered there were a few meltdowns, it was a good thread.

The only thing i'd note is that for the sake of consistency, if you're okay with erecting a girl in front of the bull, you should be okay with another statue added to the equation that undermines the girl in the same way, say a man standing in front of her.

Back