Poll: Should Fearless Girl statue also be torn down?

Should Fearless Girl statue also be torn down?

• Total voters
It's not arbitrary to distinguish between wartime oppression that lasted a few years based on national identity, and constant oppression that lasted centuries based on racial identity. That's almost the antonym of arbitrary.

I used both truth and logic to make the distinction. If you think it's meaningless, your thoughts lack meaning.

This country was quite literally built on the oppression of Asians. Their lives were meaningless. They were paid poorly and were expendable. All that mattered was that they built a railroad for the white man. Now Japan came into the picture and actually defeated the white devils on the battle field. They defeated the Russians in modern war fare. So what happens when wwii comes around? They are locked into camps. Were Italians? No. The mis treatment of Asians was BUILT INTO THE FABRIC OF SOCIETY. The fact you defend this vile racism is telling.

edit: post may have been taken wrong way

Last edited:
Please shut up with the treason talk, it's played the fuck out. This whole thing started from the battle flag selfie of Dylan Roof. Its about slavery, not fucking treason allegations. The confederates were Americans and honestly, their fight for more states rights fit closer to what some of the founding fathers envisioned. So give it a rest.

"Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason"

Definition of treason is pretty clear. Confederates were traitors. They owed their allegiance to the United States and rather than seeking a political solution to the question of slavery, they declared war against their own country.

Whether that means all of their statues should be taken down etc, is a separate question. I honestly don't care. But they were traitors.

The WW II memorial should removed from public view. All of these men fought to racially subjugate and imprison people of my heritage. I'm talking about the Japanese internment camps.

FDR did it. Eisenhower did it too. Their statues must be put into museums away from the public eye. The FDR monument needs to go to a museum.

I'm not serious -- I think deleting history is wrong.
The difference between those you mention and the Confederate statues is all the one you listed are winners.
There is a reason you don't see a bunch of Nam Phan statues. Losers don't get statues.

Romans need to tear down statues of the Emperors. Caesar committed genocide! Enslaved ethnic tribes! The city of Rome needs to be burnt to the ground.

You and the other one have abused enough of my time.
As a Japanese American, I find your belittling of my peoples' oppression as a "waste of time" extremely offensive. All the justifications of white men who oppressed us are quite racist -- it was just "war time", "for a few years", are all offensive.

edit: I'm not trying to be a dick -- this is my actual viewpoint on this issue, that there are no differences between the confederate flag and these things, and that i see the calls for these things eventually being removed. I'm puzzled how people can justify the differences. They seem like completely arbitrary distinctions.

If you said the Confederate flag, Confederate monuments, etc. were going to start being removed just a few decades ago, you'd be getting the same mockery that you're giving me. It's really a dangerous slippery slope and I do think that the American flag, WW II monument, FDR monument, etc. will, unfortunately, eventually start being removed from public.

Last edited:
Seems to me there are generally good rules of thumb to follow.

If the statues represent treasonous figures and they sit on public land, therefore taxpayer money is spent on maintaining them, move them to a museum. Same goes for confederate flags.

Leave the rest.

How do you feel about this statue on public grounds?
272a43329cda7aea1df3cb43858761ff.jpg

You and the other one have abused enough of my time.
I edited that comment out, btw, because it didn't strike that it would be offensive but I can see how it would be. I meant it as an actual point but I can be kind of autistic about things like that sometimes. I should have worded it as "Doesn't the same line of thinking also apply to Nazi things being OK"? and not personalized it like that.

I like this game. When do we remove any and all communist representations? Is it before or after we relegate the star and crescent to dusty corners of museums?

Can anyone participate, or is this pastime only for US citizens?

Yes tear everything down! Burn this country to the ground and maybe SJWs will finally be at peace, or are they triggered by that too?

id bet money there is a strong correlation between people who voted yes and people who had a problem with the statue in the forst place.

I don't believe that the people calling for the removal of Confederate monuments will be appeased by their removal. They will be emboldened and they will find new targets.

Seems like a poor reason to continue spending taxpayer dollars on treasonous historical figures' statues.

I don't like it because it changes the meaning of the bull statue

The bull represents a thriving economy, American growth and good times.

Adding the girl makes it seem sinister or bad

The original creator of the bull wants his bull removed because it sort of became an Anti capitalistic symbol with the girl now added.

I always think that fearless girl statue is dumb

Last time this topic was covered there were a few meltdowns, it was a good thread.

The only thing i'd note is that for the sake of consistency, if you're okay with erecting a girl in front of the bull, you should be okay with another statue added to the equation that undermines the girl in the same way, say a man standing in front of her.

I shooped a naked donald trump statue infront of the girl in that thread and yeah people freaked out over a shoop of statues.

Translation = "CNN didn't tell me to agree with you on this, so I'm going to make an arbitrary distinction to show why my batshit insane idea(the media's idea that they fed me) is actually ok, and your logically equivalent idea is wrong."

I don't listen to or watch CNN or any American broadcast media. So your translation is just completely wrong.

Rather than translate something I've said into something I didn't, wouldn't it be easier and more reasonable to deal with the thing I actually said?

Please shut up with the treason talk, it's played the fuck out. This whole thing started from the battle flag selfie of Dylan Roof. Its about slavery, not fucking treason allegations. The confederates were Americans and honestly, their fight for more states rights fit closer to what some of the founding fathers envisioned. So give it a rest.

Forget the current narrative spun by the media on both sides and the emotion that goes along with it. Take a step back.

The confederates fought to break up the US and committed treason by any reasonable definition. Why spend public money on maintaining the statues in public spaces?

Back