Poll: Should Fearless Girl statue also be torn down?

Should Fearless Girl statue also be torn down?

• Total voters
"Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason"

Definition of treason is pretty clear. Confederates were traitors. They owed their allegiance to the United States and rather than seeking a political solution to the question of slavery, they declared war against their own country.

Whether that means all of their statues should be taken down etc, is a separate question. I honestly don't care. But they were traitors.

This country was founded by traitors. Get a life.

I don't believe that the people calling for the removal of Confederate monuments will be appeased by their removal. They will be emboldened and they will find new targets.
this is precisely the point of this thread.

Forget the current narrative spun by the media on both sides and the emotion that goes along with it. Take a step back.

The confederates fought to break up the US and committed treason by any reasonable definition. Why spend public money on maintaining the statues in public spaces?

So now it's about money? Jeez, you people will stop at nothing to justify this madness.

AL SHarpton already called for the removal of George Washington statues. SO yes, your prediction is already accurate.
if people discuss the removal of George Washington statues in American, George Washington of all people, well, no symbol is safe.

So now it's about money? Jeez, you people will stop at nothing to justify this madness.

Opposing the publicly funded glorification of traitors seems like a reasonable stance to me. As of yet you've not provided a reasonable counter.

You seem caught up in the identity politics and hysteria of it all tbh.

I like this game. When do we remove any and all communist representations? Is it before or after we relegate the star and crescent to dusty corners of museums?

Can anyone participate, or is this pastime only for US citizens?
i'd imagine that would be extra hard in trudeau's Canada

Seems like a poor reason to continue spending taxpayer dollars on treasonous historical figures' statues.
Fair enough. Just be prepared for what comes next. That's all I'm saying.

what a fucking white male, amirite
hsp4lu.jpg

No. I'm not for tearing down monuments. Even the ones I don't agree with. Because I'm not a leftist retard.

That said, that statue has about as much artistic merit as drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa.

Did she lead a rebellion in an attempt to overthrow the American government?

If not, then I believe, whatever other nuance there is to this, that we may be drawing a false equivalency.
Actually, the group that is behind that statue (feminism), has for a long time been trying to overthrow the American government (Trump) with fake conspiracy allegations (Russia conspiracy).

lol.

remember the dog peeing statue that was put next to her? man, did that trigger people.

DBFRA_fUAAEsZjr.jpg

Damn hahahahahahahaha

I want to find the original thread hahahahhah

if people discuss the removal of George Washington statues in American, George Washington of all people, well, no symbol is safe.
There's no if, it's already been done. Al SHarpton's already raised the topic on national TV.

If I have a seizure and need medicine in an ambulance, 2 pills cost me $65. A months supply of the same medicine costs me $7 with insurance.

But let's talk about statues sarcastically like the entire forum lives in cali.
{<huh}

This country was quite literally built on the oppression of Asians. Their lives were meaningless. They were paid poorly and were expendable. All that mattered was that they built a railroad for the white man. Now Japan came into the picture and actually defeated the white devils on the battle field. They defeated the Russians in modern war fare. So what happens when wwii comes around? They are locked into camps. Were Italians? No. The mis treatment of Asians was BUILT INTO THE FABRIC OF SOCIETY. The fact you defend this vile racism is telling.

One gets the sense that you guys (dishonest right-wing hiveminders) have literally forgotten how to make a non-disingenuous point.

Our cartoonish government can't agree on healthcare but we're arguing with each other about statues. It's some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen in my life.

Do I think owning slaves was cool? No. Do I give a shit about a statue of a slave owner anywhere? No I don't. This is dumb, petty shit.

Back