Poll: Should Fearless Girl statue also be torn down?

Should Fearless Girl statue also be torn down?

• Total voters
milo makes a good point

7475_38cd_614.jpeg

Fearless girl is a different topic altogether imo.

it should be moved, but obviously not torn down. I say that because the force of the image comes largely from the bull, which is another's man's work and expression. And this little bronze bit of corporate advertising changes, dare I say usurps, the meaning of the bull's sculptor, who produced his image at personal expense.
Dont assume the bull or sculptor's gender you racist bigot.

I am watching this latest american hysteria about tearing down all sorts of statues. i see many arguments being thrown around for the removal of a lot of historical monuments in the US. Given that the are only a limited number of confederate statues to be torn down, i believe the force of this latest movement will reach other monuments as well, that might be seen as uncomfortable/triggering for certain people.

In this context, there are people that might argue that the Fearless Girl statue presents an unfair image of young girls, meaning thin, with facial characteristics that leave out a significant portion of the population, wearing clothers that are clearly derived from the oppressive patriarchal model, and, for the people that read books, conjures the picture of the Minotaur (the bull in front) in a threatening pose, maybe a metaphor for rape.

What do you guys think? i am an European, curios about your answers.
thanks.

28XP-GIRL-01p-master768.jpg

Fearless_Girl_sculpture_by_Kristen_Visbal.jpg

She's using 'blackface'. Should definitely be torn down, fucking racist piece of....of..., brass?!

It's clearly a white girl, so it's a representation of white overlords oppressing salves that are represented by the bull

I don't like it because it changes the meaning of the bull statue

The bull represents a thriving economy, American growth and good times.

Adding the girl makes it seem sinister or bad
Funny how feminism gets thrust into everything, including things that really don’t ha e much to do with it.

A little white girl? Who will probably grow up to be a Karen and/or a TERF? Absolutely it should be torn down, and anyone who disagrees with me should lose their job.

Interesting to see how many people supported tearing down statues a few years ago in this poll.

Back