Poor Shogun....

VERBAL-FEDOR

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Whether you are a fan or not.....if you know anything about how awesome Shogun used to be(pre-UFC especially).....this was just sad to watch.

It could have been Anthony Smith or Daniel Kelly tonight but from the moment Shogun walke/hobbled into the octagon.....the outcome was never in doubt.

If he does not retire, no commission should allow him to further torture himself again.

Whether you are a fan or not.....if you know anything about how awesome Shogun used to be(pre-UFC especially).....this was just sad to watch.

It could have been Anthony Smith or Daniel Kelly tonight but from the moment Shogun walked into the octagon.....the outcome was never in doubt.

If he does not retire, no commission should allow him to further torture himself again.
Yeah...that one was hard to watch for sure man.

Sad to watch him on the end of a brutal tko again ... should hang them up

He looked really old probably shouldn't have been allowed to fight somebody like smith but that's in hindsight

I feel like you have to give a legend like Shogun a chance to recover consciousness and continue fighting he was still in that one IMO.

Yeah...that one was hard to watch for sure man.
Unlike other sports, when an athlete is over the hill, they disappear slowly or have a grand send off....

In MMA they get brutalized by guys they would have obliterated in their primes. It is what it is.

shogun is well compensated. thats not being poor quite the opposite

It could have been Anthony Smith or Daniel Kelly tonight but from the moment Shogun walked into the octagon.....the outcome was never in doubt.

Not at all. You know what they say: the ride down can be even more exhilarating than the climb to the top. In fact, the higher you climb, the more spectacular your fall will be. Shogun reached LHW zenith during the 2005 Pride GP, I enjoyed the fuck out of watching him as the unstoppable stomping machine, and that's exactly why I have also enjoyed the fuck out of watching him get KTFO by Lionheart.

Thrills and agony are two inseparable sides of the same coin. The greatest thrills are often followed by the greatest agonies, just look at Ronda's rise and fall. A true fan embraces them both.

15323025682339931.gif

<6>

I said it even before the Gian Villante fight that Shogun has no business fighting any longer.

He looked fucking awful in the Gian fight and then I come here and see posts about Shogun coming for the strap and "OMFG Old Shogun is back!".

He's a legend who should have hung em' up.

That wasn’t sad, that was an amazing beatdown of a guy that needs to gtfo.

And it looks real bad on DC for calling out this mummy.

All these Shogun war wagon fans now acting like Shogun needs to retire when hours ago they thought he was getting the KO and a title shot.

Yet, a bunch of idiots on here thought this would be an easy win for him and he would regain the LHW strap. Lol. Grand Prix Shogun has been dead for a long time.

At least I'm glad Cormier is not wasting a fight on him.

I partially blame DC. I wasn’t sure Shogun was even still active let alone on a 4 fight win streak until DC called him out; I went into this weekend thinking Shogun had a chance at being champ again.

Rampage was my favorite fighter in Pride, thus Shogun was terrifying. I will always remember that Shogun.

I feel like you have to give a legend like Shogun a chance to recover consciousness and continue fighting he was still in that one IMO.
No,you stop it to save him from himself,so he can live the rest of his life normal.

Back