Positioning and what it means to you - Pt. 1:

What if I still dont "get" the idea behind positioning (being in position, making sure my opponents get "out of position") what do you suggest I read or watch to get a better grip of it?

Well you need to practice.
Here it is how it started after reading bith threaths.

Is my lead head in a threatening position? Not too close to my face and pointing towards oponent? Check or correct the position.

Is my chest up and chin down? Check or correct.

Checking the feet is harder but it feels natural to me? Am I looking towards my opponent with my central line. When attacking or defending first and most important position yourself with feet in a good position.

Then it is drilling and practicing really. I for example spend yesterday to drill balance in close range.
Slip left, left uppercut, right overhand. Check the positions at the slip and after each hit.

Then slip right, right uppercut, left hook.

Then I started adding tempo and position towards the bag all the time. Then added roll under the left hook and left hook again or roll under the.right overhand and come with a right hook.

So yeah. For me it works first with awareness and checking. Now trying to build it up in movement and hitting.

Well you need to practice.
Here it is how it started after reading bith threaths.

Is my lead head in a threatening position? Not too close to my face and pointing towards oponent? Check or correct the position.

Is my chest up and chin down? Check or correct.

Checking the feet is harder but it feels natural to me? Am I looking towards my opponent with my central line. When attacking or defending first and most important position yourself with feet in a good position.

Then it is drilling and practicing really. I for example spend yesterday to drill balance in close range.
Slip left, left uppercut, right overhand. Check the positions at the slip and after each hit.

Then slip right, right uppercut, left hook.

Then I started adding tempo and position towards the bag all the time. Then added roll under the left hook and left hook again or roll under the.right overhand and come with a right hook.

So yeah. For me it works first with awareness and checking. Now trying to build it up in movement and hitting.

Thanks!

Hey lastly check this guy out https://www.youtube.com/user/TrueBoxerStance

He puts great emphasys on what Sinister is trying to say here. Just using different terminology. But he has sound advice and always talks about the importance of lead foot and being in a good position. I have fixed some problems with my cross following his explanations about the positioning of the cross and how the power of the cross goes a bit to the side, so the biggest power and respectfully defensive positioning comes if you side step before throwing the cross. Being experimenting a bit with this concept as I had problems in thrusting myself throwing the cross as I was usually getting countered when throwing it and his advice kind of helpt me.

Back