Positive Thread about Canelo

He's the total package. He suffers because he beats up people that casual fans like.
No, he suffers because he plays boxing politics like every star. Canelo is the guy casuals like. Like you said, most people don't even know GGG or Lara.

No, he suffers because he plays boxing politics like every star. Canelo is the guy casuals like. Like you said, most people don't even know GGG or Lara.
Nah, casuals tend to latch on to guys like Golovkin. Doesn't mean they actually "know" who he is aside from youtube highlights.

Nah, casuals tend to latch on to guys like Golovkin. Doesn't mean they actually "know" who he is aside from youtube highlights.
I don't think they know who he is. Period. Cotto is another story, but you said it yourself, GGG is a nobody compared to Canelo. Lara is even less famous.

I don't think it's impossible to think that fans were pissed that Canelo dragged his foot in the GGG negotiations.

I don't think they know who he is. Period. Cotto is another story, but you said it yourself, GGG is a nobody compared to Canelo. Lara is even less famous.

I don't think it's impossible to think that fans were pissed that Canelo dragged his foot in the GGG negotiations.
I disagree. I believe casuals watch guys like Golovkin. When golovkin fights, suddenly this forum is full of people we never see in the forum. Look at the poll results picking Golovkin. How many of the posters do you know from the site? They don't watch boxing, they watch certain fighters. Thats why when someone like Pac or Golovkin fights, they are unable to see anything but domination. They don't really know what they're watching.

I disagree. I believe casuals watch guys like Golovkin. When golovkin fights, suddenly this forum is full of people we never see in the forum. Look at the poll results picking Golovkin. How many of the posters do you know from the site? They don't watch boxing, they watch certain fighters. Thats why when someone like Pac or Golovkin fights, they are unable to see anything but domination. They don't really know what they're watching.
Look at all the Pro-GGG threads.
None of the first few pages are anyone that posts in here and I'm pretty sure the threads started in the UFC forum and were moved here, since there are posts that say "Isn't there a boxing forum"

He'd fuckin destroy them.
No ones beating him 160 or below except for maybe Spence in a couple years.

Spence is the future of boxing...

he has the wow factor, the raw talent...

unless he pulls a Broner, or a JCC Jr, and trains in a half assed manner, this guy is going to be the future of boxing.

cmon now...

how many dipshits from the UFC forum came here who are all of a sudden Canelo fans, or "life long boxing fans?"

every super fight in boxing this forum is flooded with dipshits, newbies, and stupid fu*king assholes who saw a few Youtube highlights and think they are boxing experts.

cmon now...

how many dipshits from the UFC forum came here who are all of a sudden Canelo fans, or "life long boxing fans?"
Honestly have not see this phenomenon.

every super fight in boxing this forum is flooded with dipshits, newbies, and stupid fu*king assholes who saw a few Youtube highlights and think they are boxing experts.

And generally they are here talking about how the puncher is going to win easily because they know nothing else about the guy.

Honestly have not see this phenomenon.

And generally they are here talking about how the puncher is going to win easily because they know nothing else about the guy.

Let's be real...take a look at all of the new boxing threads about GGG/Canelo. (fans from both sides)

how many of these posters do you recognize?

this isn't a new phenomenon. every super fight this happens, casual fans (from both fighters) flood this forum... and in about 2 weeks, this fu*king posers will be gone....until the next superfight.

that's why I think the mods should deputize some of the regulars here as temp mods. just so some of us can shut down, dub or merge certain threads and posters.

cmon now...

93% will cheer for GGG because of Rogan and the allure of GGG being a KO artist.

I've stood by the tree of linage that Floyd fans became Canelo fans while Pacman fans became GGG fans.

Let's be real...take a look at all of the new boxing threads about GGG/Canelo. (fans from both sides)

how many of these posters do you recognize?

this isn't a new phenomenon. every super fight this happens, casual fans (from both fighters) flood this forum... and in about 2 weeks, this fu*king posers will be gone....until the next superfight.

that's why I think the mods should deputize some of the regulars here as temp mods. just so some of us can shut down, dub or merge certain threads and posters.
No what @Seano is saying is that most of those non fans side with GGG over everything.

No what @Seano is saying is that most of those non fans side with GGG over everything.

I disagree. There are so many casual Canelo fans as well.

Let's not pretend this is a one sided phenomenon.

We should do a count actually. let's count how many "new" posters flooded the GGG vs Canelo threads. and who they sided with.

I disagree. There are so many casual Canelo fans as well.

Let's not pretend this is a one sided phenomenon.

We should do a count actually. let's count how many "new" posters flooded the GGG vs Canelo threads. and who they sided with.
I would say bare minimum 80% were pro-GGG

I would say bare minimum 80% were pro-GGG

here's the thing, you can distinguish the regular boxing forum posters here, from the casual fu*k sticks by the way we disagree with one another.

I thought GGG won Saturday, but I don't feel the need to insult you, @Seano or @PUO3 or others over it.

we can respectively disagree on our scorecards, and I can take refuge in the fact that all three of you are retarded. ;)

First off, what a fight! That was 80 bucks well spent.

I watched the fight with my brother and we were both in disbelief about what we were watching. It’s a rare bird that can change their style, much less do it for in a rematch. I tend to discard the matches I see, so this doesn’t mean too much, but I can’t remember seeing a fighter do that before. Watching Canelo walk down GGG was the last thing I expected. Who came up with that game plan? That was next level forethought. Most suspected GGG would be able to blunt the attack of an aggressor with his jab, see Lemuix. Plus Canelo has “ slow feet” and he is a counter puncher so why attempt it?
Like I said I rarely think about a fight after I watch it. However with this one, I’ve been replaying what i witnessed in my mind for a couple days, freeky impressive stuff. This fight made me a fan of both him and his team.

Btw for you GGG fans i was also impressed by his stand later in the fight. I ligit thought he was on the way to getting stopped. He he didn’t just give up his “0”. Good on him for making an adjustment to keep the fight from being a rout.

I thought ggg won both fights too but only had idiot can't see that canelo has come a long way, fair play to him

Back