Positive Thread about Canelo

Alright enough ladies and gentleman about who you had winning the fight, nobody on this message board is going to convince anybody anyway, on who won the fight and change peoples minds, so enough is enough about who you had winning.

Now back to the thread topic.

Also i just wanted to point out that Canelo"s stamina is improving and he was coming forward and not backing up and he's fresher and looked stronger then ever, also he's getting stronger and growing into 160 pound fighter, he's finally strong enough to stand and trade with GGG and his legs could take it and his chin, so he's improving steadily and that's not seen a lot.

I still think Charlo beats him, but i might change that pic, i just have to see more from Canelo still, until they fight.

I disagree. I believe casuals watch guys like Golovkin. When golovkin fights, suddenly this forum is full of people we never see in the forum. Look at the poll results picking Golovkin. How many of the posters do you know from the site? They don't watch boxing, they watch certain fighters. Thats why when someone like Pac or Golovkin fights, they are unable to see anything but domination. They don't really know what they're watching.
I think they would like GGG if they knew who GGG is. You might have a case for the UFC fans coming in from the heavies, they tend to follow the mold you described. But to your average person on the street? You said it yourself, GGG is a nobody, Canelo is a known star. Compare their PPV numbers. One draws a lot more than the other.

Besides, it's hard to tell who in this fight drew who. This is Canelo vs GGG. Unless you're specifically asking people "did you watch this fight for Canelo or for GGG?" you could just as easily say that those fans came in because they want to see Canelo lost more htan they want to see GGG win.

First off, what a fight! That was 80 bucks well spent.

I watched the fight with my brother and we were both in disbelief about what we were watching. It’s a rare bird that can change their style, much less do it for in a rematch. I tend to discard the matches I see, so this doesn’t mean too much, but I can’t remember seeing a fighter do that before. Watching Canelo walk down GGG was the last thing I expected. Who came up with that game plan? That was next level forethought. Most suspected GGG would be able to blunt the attack of an aggressor with his jab, see Lemuix. Plus Canelo has “ slow feet” and he is a counter puncher so why attempt it?
Like I said I rarely think about a fight after I watch it. However with this one, I’ve been replaying what i witnessed in my mind for a couple days, freeky impressive stuff. This fight made me a fan of both him and his team.

Btw for you GGG fans i was also impressed by his stand later in the fight. I ligit thought he was on the way to getting stopped. He he didn’t just give up his “0”. Good on him for making an adjustment to keep the fight from being a rout.

<-- this guy.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/second-watch-of-saul-ggg.3623825/page-3#post-134071203 (second paragraph)

I don't know which of the posters around here is Eddy Reynoso, but he can PM me about my cut.

I disagree. I believe casuals watch guys like Golovkin. When golovkin fights, suddenly this forum is full of people we never see in the forum. Look at the poll results picking Golovkin. How many of the posters do you know from the site? They don't watch boxing, they watch certain fighters. Thats why when someone like Pac or Golovkin fights, they are unable to see anything but domination. They don't really know what they're watching.
Mma fans are more likely to like golovkin because his style is pleasing to "just bleed" fans and he gives respect to mma same as PAC did. Buy you think he has more casual fans than Canelo, really? Go look at canelos Twitter feed, read all the comments he gets from young women and girls who don't even know anything about fighting period. They just like canelo cause he's like a Mexican Jonas brother to them. Not to mention all the Mexican casuals who just root for him by default

He'd fuckin destroy them.
No ones beating him 160 or below except for maybe Spence in a couple years.
They're like the same age. I don't see spencd getting big enough to fight great fighters at 160. I think 154 will be his division

There are 3 fights that Canelo clearly lost: vs. Mayweather, Lara and Golovkin(1st fight). The other fights people bring up such as the Cotto, Trout and the Golovkin(2nd fight) were not controversies imo.

He has definitely improved in recent years, I'll give him that.

There are 3 fights that Canelo clearly lost: vs. Mayweather, Lara and Golovkin(1st fight). The other fights people bring up such as the Cotto, Trout and the Golovkin(2nd fight) were not controversies imo.

Very generous of you

After every Canelo fight @cuban23 will find a way to mention that Lara beat Canelo even though he didnt.

His taste in women

4197F13900000578-0-image-m-20_1498030235207.jpg

I admit I don't like fighters who come with a lot of undeserved hype early on in their careers, so I didn't like Canelo from the start. He has certainly improved with every fight and nobody can accuse him of dodging anybody. He has quite an impressive resume so far. But, starting with the draw scorecard in the Mayweather fight, it's been pretty clear this kid is being protected and it just makes me want to root against him. It seems all he has to do is make a fight relatively close and he will get the decision no matter what.

The first GGG fight is probably the best example. Canelo fought well and it was certainly competative, but he got outboxed and the judges protected him. That really sucked. I'm going to withhold judgement of their rematch because I haven't seen it yet. I had a wedding to go to which made me miss the biggest fucking fight of the year.
It’s a brilliant fight, you’ll enjoy it when you get to it. Close fight with loads of action, great skills on display.

What am I looking for? Maybe I missed something.

The second paragraph of the post I linked.

Granted Golovkin fought better off the back foot than I expected, mostly due to his jab, (and Saul fought better as the aggressor than I expected), but it had been my opinion for a while that the best way stifle GGG was to push him backwards. It's not what he's comfortable doing and he doesn't put combinations together when it happens. It was something I noticed during the Lemieux fight and again in the first Canelo fight. When Golovkin get's push back, he wants to move out of range, reset and begin coming forward again.

Granted Golovkin fought better off the back foot than I expected, mostly due to his jab, (and Saul fought better as the aggressor than I expected), but it had been my opinion for a while that the best way stifle GGG was to push him backwards. It's not what he's comfortable doing and he doesn't put combinations together when it happens. It was something I noticed during the Lemieux fight and again in the first Canelo fight. When Golovkin get's push back, he wants to move out of range, reset and begin coming forward again.

Interesting. If I get the notion I’ll watch it again.

Btw you link only goes to the thread, not a specific post as far as I can tell. That’s what confused me.

Against Lemieux I also had a feeling that he was cautious and respected his power. This night his jab alone was outstanding, it was enough to break Lemieux's face. Against Canelo he tried to move forward but Alvarez wouldn't let him.

Interesting. If I get the notion I’ll watch it again.

Btw you link only goes to the thread, not a specific post as far as I can tell. That’s what confused me.

I figured something like that happened.

Against, Trout we saw a slower, clumsier, uncoordinated Canelo. I really thought that this "hype job" would be exposed real soon. .

nice trolling trying to justify that GGG won. Trout was in his PRIME and CANELO had a faster jab than he has today. ''clumsier and uncoordinated.'' If you actually watch boxing, Canelo has been slipping shots and playing rope a dope since Welterweight. He comes from a family of boxers, brothers, learned the craft very early. I've never seen Thurman, Garcia or Spence at 147 doing the things Canelo did when he was at 147.

Canelo is Top 2 Fighter Of The Decade so far assuming he looks even better, wise, ring IQ growing older, like Floyd and Wlad...

When Floyd vs Ortiz was in promotion, Jessie Vargas and Canelo were also on stage. Vargas was with TMT at the time. Canelo at 21 years of age was better than Vargas and Ortiz at the time.

nice trolling trying to justify that GGG won. Trout was in his PRIME and CANELO had a faster jab than he has today. ''clumsier and uncoordinated.'' If you actually watch boxing, Canelo has been slipping shots and playing rope a dope since Welterweight. He comes from a family of boxers, brothers, learned the craft very early. I've never seen Thurman, Garcia or Spence at 147 doing the things Canelo did when he was at 147.

Canelo is Top 2 Fighter Of The Decade so far assuming he looks even better, wise, ring IQ growing older, like Floyd and Wlad...

You're overstating a tad when you talk about Canelo at 47. He's a guy who learned a lot and improved on the job. He still looked good against Trout, but it was him looking good mostly in select spots. Granted, Trout was a genuinely good fighter and the win when he was as young as he was quite impressive.

Back