Rumored Possible Merger: ACB and WFCA (Ramzan Kadyrov's Promotion)

That would make one hell of a roster if they do merge.

If the merge ends up as a reality we could say that this new org is the new #3 MMA org....

Can't see if that mentioned in tweets but I've seen comments in Russian that this can be called a merge of 3 promotions because not so long ago ACB merged with Tech-Krep FC.

I remember when WFCA was being talked about as the next big thing on here, until Kadyrov's involvement became known. Then ACB came alomng, and all the Sherdoggers jumped ship.

Will need @Noxcho18 for confirmation.

Still though, that's pretty crazy. I assume it's WFCA taking over ACB considering their financial difficulties, and the fact that they do not have a card lined up after the Moscow one.

But the roster will be insane. I think there would be a lot of cuts though. No way they're going to hold enough cards to give all of those guys fight. I suppose a lot of the international talent will exit the org.

Then ACB came alomng, and all the Sherdoggers jumped ship.

All the sherdoggers?

Dude, there are like 5 guys tops at the ACB play-by-play! ACB is NOT making a lot of headway. :D

If anything, RIZIN is the highly touted one.

Will need @Noxcho18 for confirmation.

Still though, that's pretty crazy. I assume it's WFCA taking over ACB considering their financial difficulties, and the fact that they do not have a card lined up after the Moscow one.

But the roster will be insane. I think there would be a lot of cuts though. No way they're going to hold enough cards to give all of those guys fight. I suppose a lot of the international talent will exit the org.

All the sherdoggers?

Dude, there are like 5 guys tops at the ACB play-by-play! ACB is NOT making a lot of headway. :D

If anything, RIZIN is the highly touted one.

ACB fighters round out, if not top, a lot of sherdoggers lists of top prospects.

Rizin is big because of JMMA weeabooism.

I knew that ACB was shady af already before but now with Kadyrov (officially) involved it makes it even harder to enjoy their product.

Will still watch though, lol.

WFCA is also co-promoting with BraveCF

Apparently FNG and Tech krep will also merge.

Looks like Russian promotions are looking to unite or cooperate since UFC came to Russia. I am all for this, especially if FNG joins. The roster would be huge!

Huge if true.

I'd hope that the ownership in this proposed super-promotion is based out of Moscow instead of Chechnya for the sake of keeping/attracting foreign talent. But I have a bad feeling that Kadyrov will remain as a major influence on this new league.

Huge if true.

I'd hope that the ownership in this proposed super-promotion is based out of Moscow instead of Chechnya for the sake of keeping/attracting foreign talent. But I have a bad feeling that Kadyrov will remain as a major influence on this new league.

I dont think Kadyrov has a hard time attracting foreign talent. Many talented fighters have visited him and even joined his club. I do agree with you on that Kadyrov should stay out as much as possible. I hope this merger will be something like they talked about before, where the champion of each promotion fights each other.

Looks like Russian promotions are looking to unite or cooperate since UFC came to Russia. I am all for this, especially if FNG joins. The roster would be huge!

They will need to hold weekly events just to give everyone fights. Bi-weekly unless ACB cuts half their roster.

Still, pretty amazing.

So it'll be New Org + RCC + M-1 (UFC affiliate) remaining in Russia.

It'll also be a great oppertunity for new organizations to start up. Such a massive shuffle will stir up the market
Many talented fighters have visited him and even joined his club.

Yeah if anything it would improve their chances of attracting talent. Prizefighters love how much money, luxury and priviliges Kadyrov spends on them.

Him and Werdum are practically high-school sweethearts at this point.

They will need to hold weekly events just to give everyone fights. Bi-weekly unless ACB cuts half their roster.

Still, pretty amazing.

So it'll be New Org + RCC + M-1 (UFC affiliate) remaining in Russia.

It'll also be a great oppertunity for new organizations to start up. Such a massive shuffle will stir up the market

Yeah if anything it would improve their chances of attracting talent. Prizefighters love how much money, luxury and priviliges Kadyrov spends on them.

Him and Werdum are practically high-school sweethearts at this point.

They will probably cut the lower end guys and keep the bigger guys.

Pretty big news if they do merge.

Great news, specially considering a lot of us thought they were running out of business

Back