Post A Song That Tells A Shocking Story

Trust me on this. It actually happened and you'll find links from an interview with the kid it happened to on youtube.

Last edited:
brother/sister incestious affair leading to a murder...

I'll start.

Nautical Disaster is a Tragically Hip song that references the 1941 sinking of German Battleship, The Bismarck.

As the Bismarck sank, many sailors dove headfirst over the rails, breaking their necks on the lower decks or the frigid, unforgiving Atlantic itself. Chaos reigned on the Bismarck as she sank. Some Luftwaffe pilots, armed with military issue pistols, shot themselves in mid jump rather than face the icy waters below. Other soldiers saluted the flag and sang the national anthem before leaping from the hulking wreck.

The Dorsetshire immediately approached to rescue the Germans who’d been lucky enough to survive the onslaught but were still left struggling in the water. The Dorsetshire steered for the thickest concentration of survivors and let fly with lifelines, docking ropes and nets.

Then, in what many consider an unnecessary and uncaring act; action which German historians still vociferously condemn, the Dorsetshire began to pull away. Men screamed for one more chance at the lines. Sailors desperately scratched and clawed at the hull of their departing saviour. Nautical Disaster sums up the simple and inconsiderate manner in which the condemned were doomed for a second time: “and those left in the water/got kicked off our pantleg/and we headed for home.”

[yt]

One of the very best from TTH.

+1 sir

Stan by Eminem was already taken so I had to post Kim.

I think it might have been his most shocking song.

Motorhead: Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me. Disturbing as fuck. I've never listed to the entire song.

Back