Post pics of your rig/setup

Brampton_Boy

Douchey Mc Douche
@red
Reaction score
Hopefully this is appropriate for this subforum (and not P&M), but I always enjoyed looking at other people's computer/AV setups and mancaves. The original inspiration came from the HardOCP.com forums, so I thought I would kick it off by posting pictures of my rats nest/home office.

It is where I do 90% of my work when not traveling, and where my dog occupies half the room on a queen sized bed that he has made his layer.

There are 7 computers and 6 computers in what is a small sized bedroom. It is the ultimate fire hazard, but oh gosh does it make me happy.

Picture of Server and Workstation rat nest (Everything is on its side, because I am too lazy to properly mount fans, and I like having direct ram/VRM cooling for max OC)

Server (on left):
[email protected]
32gb Ram
Geforce GT710
16TB Mechanical Drives, 128Gig Boot drive

Workstation
Delidded 7820X@5ghz
64GB DDR4 3200@3600mhz
GTX 1070
4TB Total SSD and 3TB Mechanical Storage

9vh16q.jpg

s24nco.jpg

Main Monitor Setup:
1 x 49" LG 4K UHD
1 x 32" Acer QHD
1 x 28" I-Inc 28"

Server Monitor:
1 x 24" LG
2qsuhhg.jpg

2sabhbd.jpg

Media Center/Server #2
42" Westinghouse 4K
[email protected]
16Gig Ram
R9 290x
2dqszms.jpg

adcd4w.jpg

20gmnh2.jpg

15fjepk.jpg

Laptops:
MSI GE62
15.6" 6700HQ, 16Gig Ram, GTX970

MSI GS70 (I purchased this recently second hand, because I like the larger screen, and I got it at a steal $500CAD)
17" 5700HQ, 16Gig Ram, GTX970

Dell XPS 13 2-1 (2015)
i7 4700u, 8Gig Ram

Cube i9 (Chinese Surface Clone)
10.6", 6Y30, 4Gig Ram

I actually had 3 more computers that I have recently given to family and friends (a 3960x, a Surface Pro 3 and Dell Lattitude 6330).

I don't have many hobbies, but I remember as a teen, I would actually hang out at the local computer store with my friends (we knew a couple of the techs that worked there). Being around the latest hardware (Pentium 4s, Geforce 2 etc) made me really happy even though I couldn't really afford it.

Now that I have a real job, I still get that same rush by being surrounding by computer hardware. Realistically, I barely use anything other than my workstation and the Dell XPS, but I am still always looking at Kijiji for the latest deals on server equipment etc.

Post what you got!

10n73vd.jpg

Don't feel like digging up the stats, but the computer is an i5-7600K GTX1060 6GB with 16GB RAM hooked into Onkyo receiver and LG 4K TV.

You can afford all those computer parts but not a proper desk? Also, I like the steroids in the one pic, nice touch.

Old pic of my fight night setup.
gTdKWHU_d.jpg

• i5 4690 3.5 GHz
  • Geforce GTX 970 STRIX
  • 24 GB Ram
  • Asus 28" 4K Monitor

10n73vd.jpg

Don't feel like digging up the stats, but the computer is an i5-7600K GTX1060 6GB with 16GB RAM hooked into Onkyo receiver and LG 4K TV.

Is that one of those old school IBM Keyboards? (the OG mechanical switch?)

uXpu511.jpg

HTPC
Xeon E3-1230 V1
PNY GTX 970
8GB Ram (8 more on the way)
This one will be torn down within the next week and used towards a different build.

LpKKdW4.jpg

sI0BCDl.jpg

Main rig

i7-7700k
GTX 1070 Gigabyte G1 gaming
16gb ram
Phanteks Enthoo Pro case
420mm and 240mm radiators

Next time I do maintenance I'm getting rid of the Swiftech pump res and switching to D5 pump/reservoir combo. I had a D5 pump combo when I assembled everything but the pump leaked and I wanted to start using the build. I had the swiftech laying around so it's getting me by. I'm looking for different CPU block, but I'm not finding anything I like.
I'm thinking of switching to a purple fluid. I have to find the PSU shroud as well, I don't remember where I put it.
gsJQYHy.jpg

screen on the right has been replaced with another 27"

gsJQYHy.jpg

screen on the right has been replaced with another 27"
If I had a place to put a screen vertically that looked decent aesthetically I would be all over it. Would be so dope playing vertical shmups on one.

You can afford all those computer parts but not a proper desk? Also, I like the steroids in the one pic, nice touch.

gTdKWHU_d.jpg

• i5 4690 3.5 GHz
  • Geforce GTX 970 STRIX
  • 24 GB Ram
  • Asus 28" 4K Monitor

That's a good question - the room originally had a long piece of wardrobe furniture that I couldn't get out of the room. I ended up knocking out the drawers and converting it into a makeshift desk - the positive is that it is the length of the wall, and supports the TV and 32" UHD. The other desk is an old ikea that I put the server monitor and 28" I-Inc on.

The long term plan is that once I'm done finishing the basement, I'm going to go the whole 9 yards and build a LAN room (in the random case I want to get together with my 30+ year old friends and have an old school LAN party like back in the day - I remember dragging CRT monitors to my friends house to play the original Starcraft. Haven't done it in 12+ years, but if it gives me an excuse to buy more computers, I'm in!)

My work setup.

Not sure of CPU but GeForce 1070 + 64gb DDR4 ram. Need 128, coming soon.

Attachments

• received_10154894616524426.jpeg
    received_10154894616524426.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 14
That's a good question - the room originally had a long piece of wardrobe furniture that I couldn't get out of the room. I ended up knocking out the drawers and converting it into a makeshift desk - the positive is that it is the length of the wall, and supports the TV and 32" UHD. The other desk is an old ikea that I put the server monitor and 28" I-Inc on.

The long term plan is that once I'm done finishing the basement, I'm going to go the whole 9 yards and build a LAN room (in the random case I want to get together with my 30+ year old friends and have an old school LAN party like back in the day - I remember dragging CRT monitors to my friends house to play the original Starcraft. Haven't done it in 12+ years, but if it gives me an excuse to buy more computers, I'm in!)

I bought an L desk thinking it would be cool, but I'm really wishing I would have went with the diy Ikea butcher block top desk.
You can make this for about $230 + the cost of your stain. A solid oak top is $139, the legs are $4 a piece, and the cabinet is $79. A lot of the tech youtubers use a setup like that.
VdJh3IQ.jpg

gTdKWHU_d.jpg

• i5 4690 3.5 GHz
  • Geforce GTX 970 STRIX
  • 24 GB Ram
  • Asus 28" 4K Monitor

Who are those girls in your av?

Okay, no one asked so far but I need to know. What is that?
A71571D5-B949-48F9-A727-A556FFF5912A_zps7xijdrxh.jpeg

E597CF7A-0AD6-43A0-BBF3-24F09849C9BA.jpeg

Unfortunately I’m not cool enough rocking a desktop right now as part of my setup due to lack of space for a desk so I’ve got myself a Alienware 17, I think it’s a pretty good one though - i7, 32gb ram, GTX 1080, 120 g-sync panel.

Also using a MacBook as a daily driver

6BE253E6-76ED-4DD1-B1A6-1547120C0016.jpeg

I’m running a PLEX server with about 2k movies and a bunch of other stuff/storage and back up. For this I have a QNAP TVS-471 12TB NAS with a 8gb ram upgrade, stuffed under the bed. No picture because it’s covered in dust and fluff and I’m ashamed of the state of it.

The main thing I miss about having a full desktop is the high end mechanical keyboard I used to have, the laptop kyb is OK but it’s not even close to those real cherry switches feel.

Might be looking for some sherbro’s to play far cry 5 with soon....

Just went to a lan party. Lots of fun, and we've been doing it for about a year now. I upgraded my PC because of that.

My PC is a microatx build that (just barely) fits in a gym bag. I usually bring my own stuff, but there are some spare peripherals at the host's house to make it easier. I contributed a pair of older (2010, I think) 1080p monitors my roommate left when he moved.

Okay, no one asked so far but I need to know. What is that?
A71571D5-B949-48F9-A727-A556FFF5912A_zps7xijdrxh.jpeg

Honest answer: Trenbolone and a Testosterone Mix. In the other pic, you will see a needle tucked under the TV. I lead a sketchy personal life, and my two passions (outside of work) are polar opposites (computer enthusiast/nerd and competitive bodybuilding).

Honest answer: Trenbolone and a Testosterone Mix. In the other pic, you will see a needle tucked under the TV. I lead a sketchy personal life, and my two passions (outside of work) are polar opposites (computer enthusiast/nerd and competitive bodybuilding).
Figured. And nothing sketchy about it. Be all you can be.

My mental image of you on your trip to India is now you walking through crowds of people with a Rich Piana physique.

This last shot is of the broadcasting / streaming studio I'm in the midst of building.newer.jpg

Back