Post pics of your rig/setup

ps4_pro_and_vr_review02_thumb800.jpg

Behold, the most powerful rig on the market.

Nothing fancy:

i5
8GB Ram
GTX 970
SSD

Just have it hooked up to my tv, mostly use it for Sherdog, Netflix, Spotify and playing some steam games mostly with a gamepad.

Look closely and you can see the photo's of Sensei Seagal.

KwiqGu7.jpg

Forgive the potato picture quality, took it at night just before showering.
dnjVhYw.jpg

I3-8350k, 16 gb ram, gtx 1080 in an air-cooled microatx build. SSD+2hds.
. Just transferred it to a new desk so I haven't lined up the monitors or tied up the cables yet. Old desk is now dedicated to working.

Last edited:
Forgive the potato picture quality, took it at night just before showering.
dnjVhYw.jpg

I3-8350k, 16 gb ram, gtx 1080 in an air-cooled microatx build. SSD+2hds.
. Just transferred it to a new desk so I haven't lined up the monitors or tied up the cables yet. Old desk is now dedicated to working.

Why did you go with the 8350k?

At least he has a central vacuum system.

Why did you go with the 8350k?
I needed a new CPU (and everything else), prioritized single core speed (which I understood this does really well), and got a discount for the motherboard. The extra $200+ for an i7-8700k didn't seem worth it to me, since I was trying to keep my build cost down around 1000. I didn't succeed, but I got pretty close.

I needed a new CPU (and everything else), prioritized single core speed (which I understood this does really well), and got a discount for the motherboard. The extra $200+ for an i7-8700k didn't seem worth it to me, since I was trying to keep my build cost down around 1000. I didn't succeed, but I got pretty close.
What are you doing with it if you don't mind me asking. Also, what do you have it clocked up to?

I would be curious to see what you could clock it up to (much to @jefferz question). I am toying with the idea of building either an AMD 2400g system, or an 8350k (as a gaming box for my nephew) and I wanted to see if the IPC advantage of the 8350k made it worthwhile over the more well rounded experience of the 2400g.

What are you doing with it if you don't mind me asking. Also, what do you have it clocked up to?
Gaming. Mostly DF and PUBG right now.

I would be curious to see what you could clock it up to (much to @jefferz question). I am toying with the idea of building either an AMD 2400g system, or an 8350k (as a gaming box for my nephew) and I wanted to see if the IPC advantage of the 8350k made it worthwhile over the more well rounded experience of the 2400g.

I'm a bum who did a very minimal OC to make sure I could do it successfully and then didn't do anything more. I keep putting off actually putting it through its paces. Maybe ill get on that this weekend. Apparently I'm missing out.

Last edited:
Back