Post Some Fights You Recently Watched

Matthysse/Peterson b/c it's short, sweet, and powerful. Just like my boy Matty. Plus I watched this last week b/c we're gonna see something similar happen to this poor bastard, Lamont pretty soon, and I'm getting ready for it again, except possibly even more violent.

Also watched this b/c it's another short one and Matthysse is awesome.

I actually just watched the Toney/McCallum fights recently, had him winning wider than the judges even tho they were good fights. Toney was a defensive genius and a pleasure to watch in his prime.
Which fight
The first was a clear McCallum victory the 2nd should have been a draw and the 3rd was Toney.
I really dig the prefight for the 2nd fight it is almost like a kung fu movie, and then the fight is amazing in itself.

Recently I watched sho Kimura vs igarashi a really exciting fight kimura really is a sloppy brawler but his heart is undeniable his fights with igarashi and shiming are over looked.
Inoue vs Yoann not the best match up but it did what it was supposed to and made inoue out to be the monster he is billed as.

Rewatching
Kid gavilan vs chuck davey. Super exciting slug fest
Rubin carter vs Dick tiger.
Mayorga vs Vargas.

Last edited:
Which fight
The first was a clear McCallum victory the 2nd should have been a draw and the 3rd was Toney.
I really dig the prefight for the 2nd fight it is almost like a kung fu movie, and then the fight is amazing in itself.

Recently I watched sho Kimura vs igarashi a really exciting fight kimura really is a sloppy brawler but his heart is undeniable his fights with igarashi and shiming are over looked.
Inoue vs Yoann not the best match up but it did what it was supposed to and made inoue out to be the monster he is billed as.

Rewatching
Kid gavilan vs chuck davey. Super exciting slug fest
Rubin carter vs Dick tiger.
Mayorga vs Vargas.

Not gonna lie I only scored the first 2 Toney/McCallum fights and I thought Toney clearly won both. That being said, a big part of why I made this thread was for other opinions of fights like these which were undeniably competitive.

Love watching Inoue, wasn't as schooled on him as others so awhile back I went and watched a few of his fights. That lil dude can fucking fight.

Hurricane and Gavilan are two guys I need to watch more so thanks for the suggestions, just the type of stuff I was looking for. Thanks.

Not gonna lie I only scored the first 2 Toney/McCallum fights and I thought Toney clearly won both. That being said, a big part of why I made this thread was for other opinions of fights like these which were undeniably competitive.

Love watching Inoue, wasn't as schooled on him as others so awhile back I went and watched a few of his fights. That lil dude can fucking fight.

Hurricane and Gavilan are two guys I need to watch more so thanks for the suggestions, just the type of stuff I was looking for. Thanks.
I will rewatch and score the fight again but there is no way toney won the first fight.

Carter vs tiger is probably the worst beatdown he has gotten in his career. For hurricane being a G I would say watch his KO of florentino Fernandez, and his ass whopping of holly Mimms. His fight with Benton is amazing one of the best matches I have ever seen.

Revisited this one recently with my friend a few weeks ago because it was the 6 year anniversary of this fight and we were there. What a night.

Revisited this one recently with my friend a few weeks ago because it was the 6 year anniversary of this fight and we were there. What a night.

Isn't it cool to watch a fight on tv after you saw it live? The experience is so different but both are fun. I enjoy watching a fight on tv rather than live b/c it's so much easier to see the action from different angles right up close, but there's nothing close to the atmosphere for a big fight and actually being there to feel it and participate.

I've never been to a huge fight, but I went to Provo/Matthysse and the crowd was fucking nuts. the fight was great too, it was a huge party where we all knew we were gonna get fireworks and we were just stopping and enjoying those moments in person b/c we knew how great it was while it was happening. That's awesome you got to see Cotto in NYC live. That must've been crazy.

Watched this again last night b/c the Golden Globes sucked and I wanted to make up for it. Also me and @Hagler were talking about this the other day so it was perfect timing. I'll say it again. Wilfredo Gomez is one of my all time favorites, win or lose he always brought it, and man can that motherfucker punch. Never a bad time to watch this shit, it's fucking NUTS.

Watched a few Roy Jones highlights.
A couple of Marvin Hagler’s fights.
Salvador Sanchez vs Wilfredo Gomez and Azumah Nelson.

You just come across this one or look for it b/c of the controversy?

Panama Lewis all time pos for this and other stuff, too. Resto seems basically retarded from what I remember from interviews, but he deserves blame too. Collins' life went down the tubes b/c of this.

Panama Lewis all time pos for this and other stuff, too. Resto seems basically retarded from what I remember from interviews, but he deserves blame too. Collins' life went down the tubes b/c of this.
Looking back at it due to the the controversy

I never watched the full fight so decided to

This one will always be painful also

Sorry if I missed it but I want to watch a prime Willie Pep fight where he schools somebody. Anyone have some suggestions? I'm pretty weak in my knowledge of Pep other than with Saddler. I STILL KNOW ABOUT BOXING, THO, I GOT WILLIE PEP DVD'S BROS.

Watched this again last night b/c the Golden Globes sucked and I wanted to make up for it. Also me and @Hagler were talking about this the other day so it was perfect timing. I'll say it again. Wilfredo Gomez is one of my all time favorites, win or lose he always brought it, and man can that motherfucker punch. Never a bad time to watch this shit, it's fucking NUTS.

This fight is everything, and then some.

Isn't it cool to watch a fight on tv after you saw it live? The experience is so different but both are fun. I enjoy watching a fight on tv rather than live b/c it's so much easier to see the action from different angles right up close, but there's nothing close to the atmosphere for a big fight and actually being there to feel it and participate.

I've never been to a huge fight, but I went to Provo/Matthysse and the crowd was fucking nuts. the fight was great too, it was a huge party where we all knew we were gonna get fireworks and we were just stopping and enjoying those moments in person b/c we knew how great it was while it was happening. That's awesome you got to see Cotto in NYC live. That must've been crazy.

Nothing like seeing it live. That was my first fight I’d ever attended live. I’ve been to others like Martinez/Dzinzurik and GGG/Macklin, buy nothing THAT big. The atmosphere was crazy. I was pretty sober too so I remember it so well. We didn’t know they’d cut everyone off before the Brandon Rios fight on the undercard, so we hadn’t even pregamed or anything really.

I watched Holmes/Norton again the other day. Fantastic fight.

Nothing like seeing it live. That was my first fight I’d ever attended live. I’ve been to others like Martinez/Dzinzurik and GGG/Macklin, buy nothing THAT big. The atmosphere was crazy. I was pretty sober too so I remember it so well. We didn’t know they’d cut everyone off before the Brandon Rios fight on the undercard, so we hadn’t even pregamed or anything really.
How did Martinez taste?

Apart from being there on the night I don’t think I’d fully rewatched Hatton vs kostya. I did with a friend of mine the other day, was pretty sweet.

Back