Post Your Gloves/Gear

I suppose I can answer the question myself because I have had other hobbies before and am still relatively new to martial arts. When I think about it as a long term hobby it makes sense. He's obviously been collecting for awhile. I'm interested in picking ip a pair of winnings for myself eventually.

Yes. Also, I keep a spare 18oz Winning (for heavyweights) and spare 16oz Winning just for my sparring partners to use against me. Of course I will not force them to use it, but I always offer first. I only use Winning gloves myself for sparring.

I value safety as much as possible when it comes to the world of combat sports; especially experienced heavier boxers.

Those fuckers hit hard like a mother fucker!

I also plan on having multiple sizes of spare Winning headgears in the future.

Just read, thank you, makes total sense, and I would definitely prefer to be hit with a better glove. I am just going to have to bite the bullet and accept that this is what the best equipment costs and work this into my budget.

I'm not going to act like I didn't know that I sounded like a bit of a prick with my response ;) But it was in good spirits. You should see some of the collections I've seen... the ones posted here don't hold a candle let's just say.

royjoneschin, I went to go have lunch with the Winning guy (Kaz) and when I got there, there was a businessman in the process of buying gloves/equipment. Let's just say his total was just under $4k I believe. He bought a couple of pairs of gloves for his sparring partners actually - apparently there was no way he was going to let the other guy use sh!t gloves. But seriously, he even bought gear for his 4 year old kid. Kaz was just shaking his head but you could tell he was pretty happy with the sale.

That being said... take care of your Winning gloves. The leather is not the most durable, especially the white leather. There's been a bit of a theory that there are different grades of the pro Winning gloves in terms of leather durability. Not sure how true this is, but remember that in any given batch of leather, Black is probably going to be the most durable.

Why do boxing practitioners typically have so many sets of gloves?

Lemme clear that up with another question. How many long time guitarists do you know that only own one or two guitars?

Yeah, I used to be into cycling and had 6 bicycles at one point... I had a road bike, time trial, cyclocross bike, bmx, and both hardtail and full suspension mtbs. I would have liked to have had even more too! So I get it.

I was interested in the gear and how it's used, but the way I phrased the question I can see how it sounded like questioning whether it's even reasonable to have that much gear. Just to clarify, that's not what I was saying. I think it's a cool gear collection.
Why do boxing practitioners typically have so many sets of gloves?

Lemme clear that up with another question. How many long time guitarists do you know that only own one or two guitars?

Yeah, I used to be into cycling and had 6 bicycles at one point... I had a road bike, time trial, cyclocross bike, bmx, and both hardtail and full suspension mtbs. I would have liked to have had even more too! So I get it.

I was interested in the gear and how it's used, but the way I phrased the question I can see how it sounded like questioning whether it's even reasonable to have that much gear. Just to clarify, that's not what I was saying. I think it's a cool gear collection.

I didn't think you were out of line. This question pops up periodically on gear threads.
Once in a while a couple of the people will be jerks the way they ask it (I think those ones may be not-so-secretly envious), but it is often a question that might as well be answered, because it is somewhat interesting.

Runners have a shoe collection
Chefs have a knife collection
Music enthusiasts have a record/cd/mp3 collection
Cinemaphiles have an extensive movie collection

Anyone who is passionate about their field, almost without fail, has a large collection of the main tool needed for that interest.

heres my gear left out thai pads and focus mits also BLACKOUT FIGHT GEAR. All gloves are 16s16559094_410651885938140_1866175688_n.jpg

lol, never seen someone promote their own brand in the post your own gear forum. I don't think your collection counts.

lol, never seen someone promote their own brand in the post your own gear forum. I don't think your collection counts.

lol i just work for the company and basically bought the first couple things. so the shin gaurds and 1 pair of gloves and the 4 oz mma gloves were actually purchased before

lol i just work for the company and basically bought the first couple things. so the shin gaurds and 1 pair of gloves and the 4 oz mma gloves were actually purchased before

you just work for the company? There's a ridiculous amount of bias that is going to be assumed with anything you write. At least you're not hiding like another brand that used to be prominently mentioned here.

ive had good luck with Fairtex, Triumph, and Blackout. I doubt brand has anything to do with it but just watch how you wash them

This forum is not for you to spam promote the company you work for. kudos to you for being so open in advertising. Just because you promote the Nike mouthguard so you're not just endorsing your company's product doesn't mean anything. I'm sure if you guys branded a mouthguard and sold it, you'd be posting links to that.

I don't know or care if you're doing anything illegal on the forums, but it's annoying.

you just work for the company? There's a ridiculous amount of bias that is going to be assumed with anything you write. At least you're not hiding like another brand that used to be prominently mentioned here.
I always imagine most brands are run by one or two guys, could have the manufacturer based abroad and then the person doing the selling and maybe he buddies up with a friend or its done out of their gym etc. Not really like working for Everlast and being a guy in a "company"

12696956_10153318622482409_1124630926818697579_o.jpg

LOL thanks Reyes.

Reckless they're nice they're kind of like the go to sparring shinnies on the Fairtex side, the designs weirdly enough serve a practical purpose too denoting which side to put them on.

LOL thanks Reyes.

Reckless they're nice they're kind of like the go to sparring shinnies on the Fairtex side, the designs weirdly enough serve a practical purpose too denoting which side to put them on.

How do you like the One v One gloves?

Back