Post Your Gloves/Gear

How do you like the One v One gloves?

I actually dig em! I've been using them exclusively in my sparring lately. I know there's been issues of inconsistency with some of the other guys who bought them as well. My wrist strap wasn't over-long. I've had some threading in the centre palm side of one of the gloves come out but nothing too drastic, truthfully it got loose rather early on in my getting and using them. The rest of the glove and remaining stitching has been fine. I do wish they felt a bit heftier if that makes any sense.. I don't know if you recall they were meant to be winning clones, while I really dig the sleek and snug fit and profile at times I've wondered if less foam was used? So I mean I can't rightfully say they're the perfect glove but subjectively I've loved them in sparring so far. There's def a foam difference between the rest of my pairs and again I love the sleek and slim profile of them.

I do wish they felt a bit heftier if that makes any sense.. I don't know if you recall they were meant to be winning clones, while I really dig the sleek and snug fit and profile at times I've wondered if less foam was used?
I have no idea what you mean tbh lol. Like, longer cuff with more padding on the wrist or something? Are they on point with their weight?

LOL thanks Reyes.

Reckless they're nice they're kind of like the go to sparring shinnies on the Fairtex side, the designs weirdly enough serve a practical purpose too denoting which side to put them on.

they helps i always find a little tag or just always have my straps going in the same direction

I have no idea what you mean tbh lol. Like, longer cuff with more padding on the wrist or something? Are they on point with their weight?
Some people who got them complained of wrist straps that were too long and had to be cut- mine were fine. I'm kind of wondering if they are less than 16 oz. yeah though never weighed them, don't know how to. What kind of scale do I use?=s

Some people who got them complained of wrist straps that were too long and had to be cut- mine were fine. I'm kind of wondering if they are less than 16 oz. yeah though never weighed them, don't know how to. What kind of scale do I use?=s
Food scale.

some of my equipment

Attachments

• gloves.jpg
    gloves.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 192
2017 Stuff

Attachments

• 23467257_10107660038158946_3347902196368835273_o.jpg
    23467257_10107660038158946_3347902196368835273_o.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 149
@makedansure the funny thing is that if you know what to look for, there's a pair of real Grants in the pic, considering that 2 of the gloves pictured are made by the manufacturers who manufacture authentic Grant equipment

@Ryyonvin I like them a lot. Very rugged and durable materials used and excellent wrist support. My only complaint is the stitching and craftsmanship isn't the best ever.

@destroyer4147

Confused at what you're saying - are you telling me those gloves on the right are authentic?

TM may share the same manufacturer of one of the factories that produce/produced grants at some point, but mine were not that great. The zeus gloves were closer, but they werent the same. Wasn't trying to be a dick, just not sure if you knew. I don't think classics share much in common with grants - they're more like zepols.

@destroyer4147

Confused at what you're saying - are you telling me those gloves on the right are authentic?

TM may share the same manufacturer of one of the factories that produce/produced grants at some point, but mine were not that great. The zeus gloves were closer, but they werent the same. Wasn't trying to be a dick, just not sure if you knew. I don't think classics share much in common with grants - they're more like zepols.

Are you saying your tms weren't that great? What did you not like about them?

@Ryyonvin padding was way too firm, very dense and I think only one layer. Padding felt cheap and the leather felt extremely low quality. Basically I had purchased zeus gloves a month prior and those took forever to break in. Then I got tm and it was a cheaper version.

The thing is I've seen some TM gloves that seem like they're higher quality. When I was sent pictures, I was a little underwhelmed and they felt how they looked.

@Ryyonvin padding was way too firm, very dense and I think only one layer. Padding felt cheap and the leather felt extremely low quality. Basically I had purchased zeus gloves a month prior and those took forever to break in. Then I got tm and it was a cheaper version.

The thing is I've seen some TM gloves that seem like they're higher quality. When I was sent pictures, I was a little underwhelmed and they felt how they looked.

Ah that's very concerning to hear, especially since I'm planning on using mine for the bag. Hopefully Juan has gotten some feedback and is making the necessary adjustments going forward

Ah that's very concerning to hear, especially since I'm planning on using mine for the bag. Hopefully Juan has gotten some feedback and is making the necessary adjustments going forward

I think I got an early pair. Also, it was strange because Juan said something about whether or not I wanted them to be really 18 oz, or just 18 oz in size (which would be bigger?). I told him I wanted them to be truly 18 oz, which ended being more like a 16 oz size. The tag which is double sided actually said 18 oz on one side and 16 on the other.

They were smaller than the 18 oz Zeus and also the 18 oz Grants I've had. The leather on the backhand (black) was poor, and the palm side might have actually been synthetic leather, or it was just really cheap. I actually took the gloves to a friend that is in manufacturing, and he really disliked the TM gloves.

The TM gloves also had straight foam at the fingertips and no liner or cover there, which is the same issue that the Zeus gloves have. Completely unacceptable in my opinion. Apparently that has been fixed. I've never had that in any other glove. It just goes to show that the TM gloves and the Zeus gloves were made in a cost saving manner.. which I'm not particularly fond of. I think I paid over $160 with shipping actually, which puts them in that top range of the spectrum, just below Grant and Winning.

To be fair, some recent Grants I've seen have been pretty terrible, especially compared to what Grant used to produce. The inconsistency with the mexican brands is a bit frustrating, with the training gloves specifically.

Final note - I do think that the TMs I've seen recently have looked better than my pair, at least I hope so. They're a unique glove, similar to Grant (which is not that great in its current iteration) but not the same.

I think I got an early pair. Also, it was strange because Juan said something about whether or not I wanted them to be really 18 oz, or just 18 oz in size (which would be bigger?). I told him I wanted them to be truly 18 oz, which ended being more like a 16 oz size. The tag which is double sided actually said 18 oz on one side and 16 on the other.

They were smaller than the 18 oz Zeus and also the 18 oz Grants I've had. The leather on the backhand (black) was poor, and the palm side might have actually been synthetic leather, or it was just really cheap. I actually took the gloves to a friend that is in manufacturing, and he really disliked the TM gloves.

The TM gloves also had straight foam at the fingertips and no liner or cover there, which is the same issue that the Zeus gloves have. Completely unacceptable in my opinion. Apparently that has been fixed. I've never had that in any other glove. It just goes to show that the TM gloves and the Zeus gloves were made in a cost saving manner.. which I'm not particularly fond of. I think I paid over $160 with shipping actually, which puts them in that top range of the spectrum, just below Grant and Winning.

To be fair, some recent Grants I've seen have been pretty terrible, especially compared to what Grant used to produce. The inconsistency with the mexican brands is a bit frustrating, with the training gloves specifically.

Final note - I do think that the TMs I've seen recently have looked better than my pair, at least I hope so. They're a unique glove, similar to Grant (which is not that great in its current iteration) but not the same.

Wow definitely wish I would have seen this review beforehand. Appreciate the full honesty and hopefully my experience will be a lot better

@destroyer4147

Absolutely not. I totally had the intention to buy knockoffs for the sole purpose of getting compliments at the gym and on Facebook...and boy, do I get them!!! Most people who train at my gym and at other gyms I visit are quick to give me props on my "Grants," since they immediately recognize the label, but most aren't gear junkies like us, and they lack the ability to spot the nuances that identify them as knockoffs. I think compliment fishing might be ONE of the big reasons people would actually spend $$$ for a pair of Grants, but I've learned that I can achieve the same effect at like 1/10th the total cost hahahaha.

And no, I didn't think you were being a dick. Thanks for looking out. What if I woulda replied with..."but I bought those from Elliot...?" Hahahaha

Restarted my second career in boxing, this time without the aspiration of stepping in the ring (too old ... lol), but mostly for having fun punching the heavy bag and getting a good workout out of it. I picked TopTen 16 Oz gloves after trying out many other 16Oz models of various brands. They have the best padding I could find. It's right where it should be: In front of the knuckles. I was gonna post a review of them with more pics, but I can't start topics. I find them great. After 10 rounds of punding the bag my hands feel no pain.

16oz-raptorsgym.jpg

Back